forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:40 am 

Firstly, Mods, if this violates the rules of the board, please notify and I will take this down. I did not see anything that pertains to this type of thread.

If you have ever wanted to grab something from Japan but had no way to get it, or other "secondary" sites were too much of a pain, look no further. I am the guy to get it for you.

Background: I've been living in Japan for almost 6 years. I work in Tokyo and have made acquaintances with many people including Murakami, Rockin Jelly Bean, and fellas in Medicom (head office is 15 minutes from my home, by walking). Since moving here, I have had the misfortune of having to pay for student loans from overseas with no real good way to do it.

So, I want to offer my services to the KR board. What I can do is look for, purchase and ship whatever item you have been wanting to get but had no way to do it. Akihabara is 30 minutes away, Nakano about 15 minutes. I'm able to go to Sky Tree for be@rbricks or the 1/6 flagship store. I can go to Mandarake. I can order off Yahoo Japan. etc, etc.

Why: The best and easiest way to pay off my student loans is to have USD in my paypal account. Having to do money transfers every month is a big pain and takes too much time and money in fees and currency exchanges.

How much: Whatever the item costs plus $10. I will also add the actual cost for any shipping supplies, actual shipping ,insurance, etc. There is no percentage scale, no hidden fees. Just whatever it costs to get to your door plus $10. Essentially my time is free. I am willing to do this to avoid all the hassles of sending money on a monthly basis.

Where's the catch: No catch. I'm not doing this to make money, I do that already. Hence the $10.

I have sold some items on here but have done much more with car parts. I've stopped doing that since many people in the car scene just kick the tires or have a bad habit of backing out leaving me to foot the bill. What I have done and will do for you is keep things transparent and up-to-date. I have had the opportunity to get much of what I want from Japan, now I am willing to give others a chance.

As a kick-off, I am willing to waive the fee for the first 5 that wanna give it a try. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:37 am 

Whoa!!! I'm in the market for kitkats... Could you help with that? It's a legit question, those who know me can vouch (:

Sales Thread
Adventure Time Project

Cezza_4 wrote:
Foto Junkaay; baker, vinyl lover, heart breaker.

There's not much more to it.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:17 am 

Absolutely, Im a big fan of the Kats. True story, i had at one time over 50 flavors. That was all before the big earthquake here. Now they dont release as many new flavors. That said, I can get the Otona (adult flavor i.e. bitter chocolate), orange peel (in Kitkat ball type), and the various gift flavors like wasabi, cheese cake, etc. There is a kitkat specialty store in Ikebukuro that sales a few "designer" kats as an exclusive. Those are chilli flavor and refined green tea. They also have a special bar that they only sell about 200 a day of as a limited thing. Yea, I know a thing or two about kitkats... :)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:21 am 

Pic of the orange peel one I have:

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:25 am 

OMG, I think I found a new best friend!! I also have a weird list of misc items too! Once I get that together, I'll be in touch ^___^

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Sales Thread
Adventure Time Project

Cezza_4 wrote:
Foto Junkaay; baker, vinyl lover, heart breaker.

There's not much more to it.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:39 am 

Sure, just let me know. A good rule of thumb I used with sending car parts was: If the item is over the size of a wheel in total dimensions (length, width, height), shipping is not too bad. Above that and it gets expensive unless you can handle stuff being sent by boat.

Small items such as snacks can be sent in a bubble wrap envelope and arrive on the west coast of the US in about 7 working days.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:37 am 

Did you say yahoo auction japan?!
Let's be friends.
:')

Super Sellers: Babyfreak6, chrisosaur, gopeder111, brownkidd, NewAddictions, Merlin, Toddivision, Ardabus Rubber, NSTNATE, robbieXeff, lilmyk, featusfryer, xxclandestinexx, Henry17s, crestone, bcundall, operatorx, sykogrl (super awesome), alax, Amavevera, Pomasta, kpatricialee, starkravinmad and a couple pending:)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:13 am 

Sure thing!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:33 am 

Holy crap you sound cool, thanks for doing this!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:40 am 

8)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:23 pm 

How does it feel to be the prettiest girl at the dance?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:38 pm 

Can you send stuff to Canadians as well?

Trampt: http://trampt.com/u/cbm

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:52 pm 

awesome service dude. I am sure I will be hitting you up sometime in the future.

Good transactions: NaturalJoe, VapDee, Mhpgear1, Ryn, Dank82, Stacyjean, Danryan, Tweeder422, bla8, izzy, candycloud27, bltsports25, del730, homerj, JMDawg33, pghrobot, Techhuis, cm, DabCity2, glock325, Erroneous, normanjr, kitman34, Greggygreg, turdhole, Adultswim666, Nonegious, DrkFD3S, thermometer, Kingly Decay, w33zy16, jeanclaudeAdam

Great trades: Ghost, Tweeder422, mrxwormxsayz, dondaka, W.I.L.D., fdot, MiggaWhaat, AK4play, elias, Spenc, MattPower

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:42 pm 

Very cool of you to do this. I collect a fair amount of sofubi toys, so I may say be saying hello a few times in the future.

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:28 pm 

^ fotojunkaay I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes weird kitkat bars. Vancouver has some great Japanese stores but we never get the super limited stuff.

2 questions. Is this offer good for Canadians too? Because I would definetly take advantage of that.

What your position on video game stuff? I'm looking mostly for Japanese consoles that people charge crazy mark ups for here in North America. The one I'm looking for right now is a complete boxed version of the Game Boy Micro "Final Fantasy edition" ideally I'd like to keep the cost of the unit under $130us before shipping (occasionally you can grab one on eBay here for that price)

There is lots more but lets start here.

Let me know. If your comfortable finding that sort of stuff you will have a happy customer in me.

Thanks kindly.

Last edited by Obakemono on Thu May 22, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:01 pm 

If that "Canadians" questions is a yes count me in :) can't thank you enough for offering your services.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:09 pm 

Wow! Thanks for all the PMs and questions. Im glad I can help! To answer some commone questions:

Do you ship to Canada?
Yes, as long as payment is in USD. Pretty much the only places I shy away from shipping to is Singapore and other south asian countries. The shipping to those places is stressful. Customs in those countries take their sweet time. It is by no means the buyers, they are great but the stress of waiting for someone to simply stamp a box is too much. I am willing to work with some if they take this into consideration though. I had my luggage lost in Singapore 2 times, in one week! Sigh..

How much for shipping?
Depends on what you want, how heavy, and how fast. I am debating if I make insurance manditory to protect both parties. It's safe to say that the default will be yes. Small bubble packs are the cheapest, anything larger than a shoebox starts to creep above the $25USD mark. Paper is the worst because of the weight (for example if you want 10 magazines...shipping is tough).

Can you find XXX?
Probably. Assume that I know nothing and you will have the best chance of getting it :) The more info I have, the better i can identify it. Pics, names of manufacturer, release dates, colors, etc.

How much?
That's up to you. I am by no means an expert on all things toy so the best I can do is find the prices available to me, then you can decide if you want it.

Is there anything you won't buy?
Dangerous goods, illegal stuff, used underwear...most anything else is OK.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:11 pm 

can you find XXX you say.... :-k

:lol: :lol: jk! sounds like an awesome service you will be providing! cant wait to see what people grab from japan!

TRAMPT Collection

TRAMPT Artist Portfolio! Follow!

Customs for sale:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=193936

GSA/GBA:
150+ successful positive transactions!

Cool peeps:
Shinobistinks!, DrftDrgn21, Merlin, Nicedream, Jaysin, foto junkay, DrewBlood, HOVA, Cheapet, nerps

Pending transactions: greggygreg, Frankthefish, hitechkoolaid

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:47 am 

TI: yea but its not worth it haha.

Been notice cing KR is not sending my PM responses out as fast as it should. I replied to everyone but my outbox has a cue . Just an FYI

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:52 am 

Good idea! Will hit you soon with a pm :)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:47 pm 

Sideglide wrote:
Been notice cing KR is not sending my PM responses out as fast as it should. I replied to everyone but my outbox has a cue . Just an FYI

They're sent. It remains in your outbox until the other person reads it. 8)

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:43 pm 

Thanks Paul, good to know!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:05 pm 

This is really cool. Off the top of my head I would have to say that yoshinoya rice topping is a need for me. But I can't find it anywhere, I will definitely get in touch when I can find more info.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:04 am 

Slowbrom: I believe you mean the shichimi. That stuff is awesome. There is also ichimi (single pepper type). I can get that for sure since it is sold all over the grocery stores.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:07 am 

bump for awesomeness and pm to be followed shortly :)

LTB Itokin Park astronauts, Chogokin Bearbricks, Kumabricks, Mecha Greasebat,
pocket pork dumplings: original, ninja, dorkling, moldy
I would do horrible, horrible things to get a hold of AW x The Swank set....

My Collection | Homemade |

good dealings with: bk_bk, maz78, rangelo4444, Sefvri, FericFanatic, heebysdaman, mazdiggle, 2minimal4u, KidrobotCT, tantowinky, aka-man, mzkayDi, deadlemming, Side, Sideglide, ralmeidavargas

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next