forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:05 pm 

http://www.ToyKick.com

Hey Everyone!

It was not too long ago I was searching endlessly on the internet for the perfect display case. I wanted something I described as an "Invisible Display Case," something that was minimal and didn't take any attention away from what was being displayed. I found too many cases that had ugly wooden frames around it and tacky mirrored backs. Shot Glass display cases didn't work for me because I didn't like the dividers between each nook, plus, they are kind of expensive!

Find yourself in the same situation? Well look no further. I have some display cases like the one I just described. See the pictures below. The Case is 13x13 inches and has 4 shelves with about 3.2 inches of vertical space each (give or take 1/8 inch for factory imperfections). That holds 24 Standard Dunnys. These display cases are meant for 3'' Vinyl figures.

DIMENSIONS
13''x13''x3''
Inside depth: 2.5'' from back wall to front door.
3.2 inside vertical space between each shelf (give or take 1/8 inch for factory imperfections)

Now, some of you might remember my old thread where I was making these myself- that's no longer the case. These cases are professionally made in a factory right here in the USA. The edges of the plastic are finished and smooth, which was not the case before when I was making them on my own. Also, the door is no longer hinged, it is now a sliding panel that you raise vertically. It looks a lot nicer this way!.

These cases are really great for saving space but are also really good for when you don't want to "Overdo it" with cumbersome detolfs. They're only 3 inches thick so they don't protrude off the wall too far. Great for separating out sets and utilizing wall space rather than floor or shelf space.

I'm trying to make this more than a hobby and possibly sell these long term. These cases are going to retail for $70-$80 but as a special deal to my early customers you can get these now for $65 each.

$65each

Shipping within the US:
$10 for the first one
$5 for each additional

I will ship internationally but please go over to my website and use the shipping calculator to determine shipping: ToyKick.com

THE SPLITTER - DISCONTINUED

$45 each. (For a limited Time) Discounted from $60

13'' x 8.75'' x 5''

Removable Shelf splits inside in half.

Please Note: The current picture of the SPLITTER show a small hole on the front door acting as a handle. The cases being sold will NOT have this hole/handle.

Last edited by DrewJ on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:46 pm, edited 57 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:28 pm 

Oh these look great Drew! I like the fact that the hinges are gone!!

Sales Thread
Adventure Time Project

Cezza_4 wrote:
Foto Junkaay; baker, vinyl lover, heart breaker.

There's not much more to it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:35 pm 

These look pretty nice - good luck with everything!

Looking to Buy

* SKELVE (Test, Custom, SPECTRE KUMA)
* Amanda Louise Spayd
* Angry Woebots Panda King (OG or Mono)
* CMR Bubblegut, Freyja, Crumbeater
* Luke Chueh Possessed (On Hold)
* Customs By: CMR and Dok A
* GOIN BAD APPLE (White)

I have $$$ or Rare Skelves / Dunnys for trade!

PM me with your offers!

Cheers!

Great Transactions: flabby, Lfarnc, chorus, KidroboWizard, snooker, henchman, TradeMark310, Ash_KBear, SH916, realtyguy808, nerps, JayJayFool, nuj0iz, paulzdeep, pomasta, bigbad99, pandasashi, analog101, 1v1artin, gmiddleswarth, Nikejerk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:21 am 

Thanks foto! Thanks Sg7! I appreciate it, hopefully others like these and I can sell enough to expand the designs and cases I offer :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:23 am 

Wow! They turned out pretty awesome!!!

Great job and good luck with your sales! I'm sure you'll have no trouble moving these. Now get out there and promote them...

ImageQuest Ion burns:Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:51 am 

So does Mysterion come with the case? JK. They look very cool.

I may hit you up for one soon. Best of luck with your sales!!!

My Sales: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=183742

My Collection: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=217335

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/obsessedwithvinyl/have

INSTAGRAM: rg808

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:14 am 

If you were a good boardie you would hook us up with the company that manufactures them so we can save some bucks, how about that? Any website or phone number u might want to give us? :axe:

LOOKING TO BUY:
MVH
Paul Kaiju

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:38 am 

APsychoCareBear wrote:
If you were a good boardie you would hook us up with the company that manufactures them so we can save some bucks, how about that? Any website or phone number u might want to give us? :axe:

Sure Thing,

But first, you should know that if you order any quantity under 25 they're going to run you about $120 each. I ordered a massive amount, which allows me to resell them for $60 each. ($50 isn't even much of a profit but I'm trying to get started).

Also, the company I order these from wasn't making these specific cases. I gave them the dimensions I wanted and these are customized to a model I designed, so they're unique.

I put a lot of money up front and it's going to be hard work promoting them, selling them, and shipping them all out but if I can make some extra cash and provide a nice case to fellow collectors for a good price I think it's all worth it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:43 am 

DrewJ wrote:
APsychoCareBear wrote:

Sure Thing,

But first, you should know that if you order any quantity under 25 they're going to run you about $120 each. I ordered a massive amount, which allows me to resell them for $60 each. ($50 isn't even much of a profit but I'm trying to get started).

Also, the company I order these from wasn't making these specific cases. I gave them the dimensions I wanted and these are customized to a model I designed, so they're unique.

I put a lot of money up front and it's going to be hard work promoting them, selling them, and shipping them all out but if I can make some extra cash and provide a nice case to fellow collectors for a good price I think it's all worth it. :)

You are the F@#$%ING MAN !

THOSE LOOK AMAZING

Hinge-less design, Clear, Multi-level, generally AWESOME.

They look so sick. :partyman:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:47 am 

DrewJ wrote:
APsychoCareBear wrote:

Sure Thing,

Dont even worry about negativity like that. Youre doing the community a good service. If I can find where to put 2 of these Ill be picking them up for my simpsons sets alone.

Good transactions with: Xmeat11ballX, GREG_DEEZEY, linh, loomisid, Maki Maki, halfapparition, Manga_Spawn, heebysdaman, Starlite, jaybi, silentjay, Marissaurus, quentdiggy, bigdaddyh, ketones, asprintingpress, bilbetsovic, spaghettee, the_don, tunneler66, moss420, haggard, restaurador, ontheDL, sumatra71, Turcicus, HeyJB, ZopBoy, Babyfreak6, wingnut80, mANNEe, eyeforaneye, haggard, hypnotiq, ChasBrock, dunnybunny, CMB, NotNotARobot, fragile, anubis2night, leinad, tobor2099, J3D1, chrisosaur, tekman8, D-LuX, achmad, 666ways2love, reganomics813, FericFanatic....

DO NOT DEAL WITH : bluegreenkey, takingbacktyler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:48 am 

robbieXeff wrote:
DrewJ wrote:
APsychoCareBear wrote:

Sure Thing,

Dont even worry about negativity like that. Youre doing the community a good service. If I can find where to put 2 of these Ill be picking them up for my simpsons sets alone.

That's what I'm sayin

As my SP collection grows, I want to display that shi+ right

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:51 am 

DrewJ wrote:
APsychoCareBear wrote:

Sure Thing,

Just pulling ur leg brotha, in fact, i'll b buying sum from ya :partyman:

LOOKING TO BUY:
MVH
Paul Kaiju

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:36 am 

APsychoCareBear wrote:
DrewJ wrote:
APsychoCareBear wrote:

Sure Thing,

Just pulling ur leg brotha, in fact, i'll b buying sum from ya :partyman:

No problem man, all is good :).

Cool, whenever you're ready to get one let me know. I'm in Los Angeles so we can do an exchange in person and save on shipping.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:30 am 

Sweet! Clean looking cases! Ill def be orderin about 3 or 4 next month (cant this month, bought toooooo much vinyl! :lol: )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:08 pm 

MFSCK wrote:
Sweet! Clean looking cases! Ill def be orderin about 3 or 4 next month (cant this month, bought toooooo much vinyl! :lol: )

Thanks MFSCK, I appreciate it. Just let me know whenever you need a case.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:21 am 

REALLY Super product!

Super Sellers: Babyfreak6, chrisosaur, gopeder111, brownkidd, NewAddictions, Merlin, Toddivision, Ardabus Rubber, NSTNATE, robbieXeff, lilmyk, featusfryer, xxclandestinexx, Henry17s, crestone, bcundall, operatorx, sykogrl (super awesome), alax, Amavevera, Pomasta, kpatricialee, starkravinmad and a couple pending:)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:29 am 

DrewJ wrote:

I'm trying to make this more than a hobby and possibly sell these long term. These cases are going to retail for $59.99 but as a special deal to my early customers you can get these now for $49.99 each.

$49.99 each
Buy 3 for $139.99
$8.99 Priority Shipping within the USA. Free Shipping on the purchase of 2 or more.

I will ship internationally but please PM me with your address so I can calculate cost.

john_rambo wrote:
You have a good gallery for sale i like it so much thanks for it i hope you are a good dealer of please share the prices and some more information about these that all i want to buy things

If you read the original post, he put up prices :rolleyes:

Sales Thread
Adventure Time Project

Cezza_4 wrote:
Foto Junkaay; baker, vinyl lover, heart breaker.

There's not much more to it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:16 pm 

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the support you all have given me! I really appreciate it.

I'd like everyone to know that I had 2 sample cases on hand and they are currently sold! This is great news because I sold both within 24 hours of posting this thread which is awesome!

My first batch of 100 cases are currently being made in the factory and the wait time is 4 weeks. However, I am still taking orders. - Back ordering.

If you back order and pay for a case NOW rather than wait the 4 weeks, I can give you an ADDITIONAL 10% OFF each case regardless of how many you buy. If you back order, the case will be drop shipped to you straight from the manufacturer to guarantee you get them as early as possible.

I will post back here on this thread when this offer expires and the 100 cases are on their way to me. Take advantage of this offer now!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:49 pm 

bump.

I might be interested after I move in a month. Relocating for my job and will have plenty of room for my collectables. I might want to move my smaller figures out of my detolfs and this would be a great substitution/solution.

--------------------------

WTB:
1:6 EMGY, Milk, or Peaceday Dropcloth
Peekaboo Customs
Kid Robot BFF Series Cupcake

WTS:
1:6 Gravedigger Caesar (New)
1:6 EMGY Caesar (New)
1:6 Bomb Square (New)
1:12 Large Martin AUSPublic Def (New)

Buff Monster Destroyer - Grey Edition (New)
Squadt: Nozzel s004 Frozen (New)

Trade Offers Are Always Welcome!

--------------------------

Good Transactions With:
NSTNATE, bluegreenkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:33 pm 

really cool looking cases.
wish I had some spare money.

snooker (X2), blakewest, dodgrr, HeyJB (X4), jonpaulkaiser, FaustX, histogirl (X2), CaptainDNA, IgorVentura (X3), Hom, Diakka00, andomman, projectmayhem (X2), Saint721, turdhole, TiredChildren, turbobert, Spooky+, snitz, kupooinc, ixidor01, Vinylsolja, chronic, anubis2night, quentdiggy (X2), tattooedjester (X2), skelve, devito1195, Flyingdunniez, MoralWarfare, solostone, hovdog, fulci zombi, C4, tsui1105, the_sentient, analog101, raphmeister, onespot01, h8thing, locksmith, nuj0iz (X2), KidRobotXXIV, andycap, Amethystcape, c.feng (X2), dphear, Dizzerrr, Sekure, Mouser47, Zukie ART, pariahseven (X2), jjH8te (X2), nguyenless, MiggaWhaat, gregm, bachtere, DrewJ, yomi, and many more ......

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:16 pm 

How much for the simpsons ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:29 pm 

AlexandreLeblanc wrote:
How much for the simpsons ?

Hey man, really sorry but not selling them. I am, however, selling the zombie bart as I have a double. You can check out my Toy Sales thread in my signature.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:02 am 

Will the cases stand up on their own or will they need to be screwed into the wall?

Thinking about just using them as a case for now until I find a permanent home on my wall.

My Sales: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=183742

My Collection: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=217335

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/obsessedwithvinyl/have

INSTAGRAM: rg808

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:05 am 

realtyguy808 wrote:
Will the cases stand up on their own or will they need to be screwed into the wall?

Thinking about just using them as a case for now until I find a permanent home on my wall.

Hey Drew! Great cases! I'm wondering the same thing as realtyguy808.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:34 pm 

peelwon wrote:
realtyguy808 wrote:

Hey Drew! Great cases! I'm wondering the same thing as realtyguy808.

Hey guys! Great question. Yes, the case will also stand on its own on a flat surface such as a shelf or desk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next