forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:21 pm 

frankthefish wrote:
mikashroom wrote:
SubjectNameHere wrote:
crap.. I just bought a JLed Unicornasaurus from him off eBay before I realized it was him. Now we wait.

You should be fine. Usually it is all good these days. That is, as far as I know. Don't quote me!

Mika -

STOP GIVING BAD INFORMATION !!!

Seriously. You have to stop.

You don't know what you're talking about. You haven't had a transaction with Tarbox in the past or in recent history, nor are you basing your post on any credible information. You're just posting to post. I'm not sure if it's to get you post count up, or because you're avoiding doing your homework, but you're only hurting the boards with bad information.

Please. Stop.

So do you have information of your own? Please share because if you don't then how can you say mine is wrong/bad?

I bought something from Tarbox recently actually and it came fine. He may be known to flip or have bad transactions in the past, but right now he has 5k+ transactions with 99.8% of them being positive.

It's not to get my post count up but only to try and settle this guy's tension until it arrives based on what I know / remember from my transaction. And I am not avoiding HW either. I don't even have any tonight, if you care.

I am not trying to defend Mark, just saying SubjectNameHere should be fine. So please don't call me out for trying to defending flippers :|

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:29 pm 

Tarbox has also had lots of his negative feedback removed somehow. I remember seeing 4-5 negs in a row and just a few days later they were all gone. He has also purchased a lot of rare dunnys and lied to get his money back so he comes up on the dunny for free, screwing the seller. Then he himself puts it back up for sale. It has happened to a friend of mine with a dunny lot, which Mark claimed he never received. (Due to lots of packages being stolen from his apartment building, on a consistent basis) then a week later the rarer dunnys from the lot were listed under his account. My friend got charge backed on the money and was out the dunnys he sent.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:53 pm 

It's nearly impossible to give bad feedback on Ebay now. When you click to give negative feedback, they make you file a claim first, even if the bad service doesn't warrant a refund. If you win the claim, you get your money back and then you can't leave feedback because the sale was canceled. If you lose the claim, you can't leave negative feedback because you didn't win the claim.

It's quite the racket. I guess Ebay figures that negative ratings deter sales and take precious commission charges out of their pocket. So even the scam artists get a 99% positive rating.

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:08 pm 

paul wrote:
It's nearly impossible to give bad feedback on Ebay now. When you click to give negative feedback, they make you file a claim first, even if the bad service doesn't warrant a refund. If you win the claim, you get your money back and then you can't leave feedback because the sale was canceled. If you lose the claim, you can't leave negative feedback because you didn't win the claim.

It's quite the racket. I guess Ebay figures that negative ratings deter sales and take precious commission charges out of their pocket. So even the scam artists get a 99% positive rating.

Yep ebay is extremely frustrating now. And there's no way to give a negative to someone who flakes out on paying you for an item either. I try to avoid it unless I really want to sell something and I don't have a forum for the item that I can sell to first.

GREAT TRANSACTIONS with board members: frostymug, Kluc, physchopainter, bigbad99, i12punk, Turcicus, tekman8, datoyattic, johnnybagadonuts, garbagedick, JayJayFool, j0nwalsh, ardabusrubber, Ash_Kbear, Rmetz27, Dominick1080, Lfarnc, deathtollzero, realtyguy808, soljah52, johnrussellf, sinbad77, Arcady, Blessed88 (sorry if I missed anyone, they've almost all have been great though!)

If you have any Nikejerk Customs for sale or trade please let me know, Thank you

MY COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=175743&p=2318299&hilit=Ty%27s+customs+chomping+at+the+bit#p2318299

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:29 pm 

I've bought from him w/out crazy prices and with a good turnout but this dude makes me wanna xsickx
You guys should modify your signature images/thread title to include his new screen name

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:06 pm 

yikes man.. this guy's practices are completely unethical. I know I read a bit about it before but dang, can't believe he's still pulling this crap.

Transactions/References

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:15 pm 

therealchinaman wrote:
yikes man.. this guy's practices are completely unethical. I know I read a bit about it before but dang, can't believe he's still pulling this crap.

According to Mikashroom, our 14 year old voice of the forum, this guy is reformed and we should all now support him financially.

xsickx ](*,) #-o

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:59 pm 

http://marktarbox.webs.com/

this guy has been doing this now for YEARS ...

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=197135&start=0

more info on this piece of crap

http://www.reflexpresents.com/marktarbox.html

http://www.customtoyunion.com/viewtopic ... 88&start=0

http://www.partylist.com/pl.php?p=item_dj.php&djid=356

Mark Tarbox
Los Angeles, CA (USA)

Contact/Booking Phone:
323-595-1456

heebysdaman,sstroh84,robbieXeff,nick210214,Slack,CAR,SJSharkie
hypekickz,bigdaddyh,A.D.B,haseown,dunnydummy,scud80,jdmslut
halfapparition,t0nyxp,ineedalife,tr3e,kevbayer,core4pro,adik.na.chinoy
eyeforaneye,JaneMancini,666doll,ineedalife,NewAddictions

Great Buys & Trades :
WandererLA, lbzx006x, fifobkc, masonmxn

My Collection!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:33 pm 

mikashroom wrote:
I bought something from Tarbox recently actually and it came fine. He may be known to flip or have bad transactions in the past, but right now he has 5k+ transactions with 99.8% of them being positive.

Problem with this is, Ebay lets the feedback score add up over the years but that percentage is only based off of the previous 12 months. They stopped rating it as a whole because they felt it unfair to damage a reputation for negative feedback from years prior. This was also before it was so hard to leave negative, people used to leave negatives by accident :lol: sooo many times I saw a negative mark with a positive comment.
Basically he can have 100,000 feedback from 2011-2012 with 90% rating and a crap ton of negatives but from 2013-2014 he only sold 5 items but received no negatives so he would have 100% feedback.

I just checked, he has had 1813 positive transactions 8 neutral and 2 negative over the past 12 months. Which means he got way lucky that those were neutral, if you look at the right hand side you can also see he has had 7 revisions to feedback (meaning he had negatives changed to positives/neutrals which he gets to ask eBay for, he gets up to 5 per 1000 feedback received). In the past 1188 transactions there were 7 neutral and some revisions.

to sum it up , he has 1800 transactions with a generous rating thanks to the neutrals and changing of old negatives, not anywhere near 5000+ with a 99.8% rating. while it might be safe through Ebay (To an extent and at much higher prices) it might be a whole different story if you conduct business off site.

http://trampt.com/r/YxVJ7w
ITEMS FOR SALE AND TRADE:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=186195
TRANSACTION HISTORY (Page 194)
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=83419&start=4825

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:21 pm 

I'm not gonna lie, I'm somewhat of a new collector and have bought a couple of pieces from toyboxproductions off of eBay. Every transaction has been fulfilled and shipped pretty quick. I have had no problems with purchasing from him. I will say he has some items that are very expensive. If I had known of his past indiscretions I more than likely would have found another avenue for finding the product I want.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:57 am 

but but but Mika said he is a good chap!!!!
:roll:

don't buy from this POS (or listen to Mika)

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:57 am 

It's sad that ppl can't be honest now and days. I'm sorry to hear this but thanks for the info

jfactor13

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:53 pm 

Well that Unicornasaurus I bought off Mark (without realizing it was him) was marked as shipped May 7. A couple of days later he messaged me to tell me he never had the item and accidentally listed it. He apologized and offered a full refund. I accepted and thought it was a done deal. Now it's been two more weeks without refund or response and he just went 'away' on eBay until mid-June. I just opened a case with eBay and PayPal. Luckily all his correspondence was through eBay so they'll see it and fix it but definitely not a nice transaction.

Damn.

Have / Want Lists @ Trampt

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:54 pm 

OMG... GOOD LUCK!!

Sales Thread
Adventure Time Project

Cezza_4 wrote:
Foto Junkaay; baker, vinyl lover, heart breaker.

There's not much more to it.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:27 pm 

SubjectNameHere wrote:
Well that Unicornasaurus I bought off Mark (without realizing it was him) was marked as shipped May 7. A couple of days later he messaged me to tell me he never had the item and accidentally listed it. He apologized and offered a full refund. I accepted and thought it was a done deal. Now it's been two more weeks without refund or response and he just went 'away' on eBay until mid-June. I just opened a case with eBay and PayPal. Luckily all his correspondence was through eBay so they'll see it and fix it but definitely not a nice transaction.

Damn.

Wow. I guess I was wrong then. Sorry for trying to get your hopes up. Good luck, and frankthefish wins here for telling me not to spread bad info.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:39 pm 

Quick resolution; refund received and eBay case closed. I also realized I bought another item off him a few months ago without issue, so who knows.

Have / Want Lists @ Trampt

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm 

SubjectNameHere wrote:

Damn.

Make sure to give him negative feedback if you can before the eBay case closes.

Transactions/References

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:19 pm 

Not sure if they are related but has similar address.

Do not sell to J Mooney from Long Beach CA --

BLOCK THIS EBAY ID IS --

socal_art-toys

Tries to get a refund without returning the item. A thief. I know they are on the boards as well.

Artists are so flakey. It astounds me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:28 pm 

I'm stunned that something like this can go on for almost fifty pages, yet there is no way to get the local police department involved?

Isn't this a serious crime that could be easily proven if it is as bad as it appears to be from the pages I skimmed through... I'm not naive, and I know that it's way easier said than done, but it's the community must have his name, address, along with probably email, phone, and paypal account information?

Shame this has happened to all of y'all, and I will make sure that if I ever see that name I will hit the back button immediately.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:47 pm 

Glad to see that WuzOne is still chummy with this prick... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:57 pm 

OJJ wrote:
Glad to see that WuzOne is still chummy with this prick... :roll:

That is pretty lame. Vinyl popularity has been on a downtrend and he should be having a lot of trouble moving his stuff.

Transactions with: adik.na.chinoy, bigbad99, bigrookieinc, BurymewithmyToys, CasperNY, DrewBlood, dxjock, eckotyper, FericFanatic, Floyd 44, iNom, Kevbayer, lilmyk, Manzel, MusicMan02, paulzdeep, PJPVIV, oversprayed, rice_money, rustedhalo, snooker, surfjord, THeONePG16, therealmc, timselF, trustinSTARS, wigalicous, xbtran, flabby, gmiddleswarth
My collection: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=187191

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:59 am 

bump

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:56 pm 

Sigh, bought something from him on Thursday after having no luck spamming the boards for a few months. Printed the shipping label but has yet to send out. So much for one day processing T.T

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/Athyndir/have

Looking for COARSE: Loser Jaws (Blush) and 1:3 Chopper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:51 am 

file a claim saying you changed your mind. Don't give him money

sales thread http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?p=2065190#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

>>>DO NOT SUPPORT DEKORNER, Toy Tokyo
Bad dealings/shady people: griffndunn, Ktnboy, QNguyen/TRgear<<<

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:35 pm 

He changed his name banditproductionsllc

Still using toyboxproductions for the store name though.

Anybody that has bought from him leaving low stars ratings and negative feedback has a large impact now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next