Real NUKE numbers?

Discuss PEECOL, the toy designed for Kidrobot by the pixel phenomenon, eBoy!

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

pocketwookie

Real NUKE numbers?

Post by pocketwookie » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:02 am

Does anyone have any idea how many actual NUKEs were produced?

When all of this PEECOL business started, I thought there would be a big push and several thousand produced to get people onboard. but it looks like that hasn't been the case. I can only account for a few hundred of them. Maybe KR and Eboy are sitting on a stash to hand out at special events? Just curious, since it was so tough for me to get one.

sinkFLsink

Post by sinkFLsink » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:11 am

Why are these things such a secret? Why can't we (the consumer) know how many of the product was made?

P.S.
The new contest page is up for Marcos, Swizz and LaCruzz 02!!!

another-waver

Post by another-waver » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:19 pm

I'm curious about the numbers, but it's very much a secondary consideration for me. I'd be happy if they were all runs of 10,000 and sold at 7-11. :D

Where the numbers would be really helpful, I think, is when more of these exclusives drop and people are trying to trade extras for ones they have missed out on. It would give us a general baseline for determining what is a fair trade.

commiebeatnik

Post by commiebeatnik » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:07 pm

another-waver wrote:I'm curious about the numbers, but it's very much a secondary consideration for me. I'd be happy if they were all runs of 10,000 and sold at 7-11. :D

Where the numbers would be really helpful, I think, is when more of these exclusives drop and people are trying to trade extras for ones they have missed out on. It would give us a general baseline for determining what is a fair trade.

werd! they have nukes for $100 on the bay, but who knows if kr will releases more of them.
FS:

10" DR. BOMB LIME SHERBERT W/ CIG
SET OF 16 HORVATH NOUPA
8" LENNIN DUNNY SIGNED BY ZOKIK

sinkFLsink

Post by sinkFLsink » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:28 pm

another-waver wrote:I'd be happy if they were all runs of 10,000 and sold at 7-11. :D

What? I would not feel the same way about an art-toy if it was available at Target, Wal-Mart or 7-11 as you say. I know you were just making a point, but the fact that they're somewhat limited in where you can get them (like most art-toys) is an attraction to collect them. I do agree 100% that it would be nice to know if there was 1,000 Nukes or 10,000 available.

LOL, is anyone else seeing the correlation between the search for Nukes and the search that President Bush did for Nukes. Sometimes you're just not going to find any and you'll have to go on with your life.

smorkin_love

Post by smorkin_love » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:40 pm

sinkFLsink wrote:The new contest page is up for Marcos, Swizz and LaCruzz 02!!!

i only see one for marcos, not the other two..
Want List:
Click
---> here <--- for my WTB list.

Great Transaction(s):
| SnorseWhisperer | Bo0oYaH | kom22 | ChefJt | Natural Light | Misterine | jonvespa | raajr187 | WandererLA | kngwiz | johnnymu | magic_wanna |

| flyinglobster - www.cardboardspaceship.net |

Not so Great Transaction(s):
| selekta_nips |

sinkFLsink

Post by sinkFLsink » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:41 pm

smorkin_love wrote:i only see one for marcos, not the other two..

http://www.kidrobot.com/peecol/contest.html

jbahr

Post by jbahr » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Maybe more than you think...

Some stores have em as giveaways when you buy a different Peecol. Which ones & how many - who knows?

I think no more than 500. Can't really seeing them give away $10000-$20000 worth of free toys just to promote one platform.
orlowone wrote:jbahr is a player and is probably banging your mom right now.

puppetbrain

Post by puppetbrain » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:14 pm

jbahr wrote:Maybe more than you think...

Some stores have em as giveaways when you buy a different Peecol. Which ones & how many - who knows?

I think no more than 500. Can't really seeing them give away $10000-$20000 worth of free toys just to promote one platform.

Well when you consider that they probably cost $2 or less even 1000 of them would only cost $2000. That is nothing in the world of advertising. You have to remember they are trying to build an entirely new brand.
Heat

GT p48, 52, 58, 62, 73 ,77, 82, 85, 90, 91, 94, 97

jbahr

Post by jbahr » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:24 pm

puppetbrain wrote:
jbahr wrote:Maybe more than you think...

Well when you consider that they probably cost $2 or less even 1000 of them would only cost $2000. That is nothing in the world of advertising. You have to remember they are trying to build an entirely new brand.

Good point - but I guess I didn't think KR fit into "the norm" for advertising. A normal company I could see doing a massive promo push...but KR likes the word "Limited", even with freebies. If they really wanted to push these things with an all out, "money's not an issue" campaign, they'd just give em to us with a purchase.

I guess I'm just thinking in terms of all the Dunnys that they could easily sell 1000's of, but only a few 100 exist.
orlowone wrote:jbahr is a player and is probably banging your mom right now.

another-waver

Post by another-waver » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:05 pm

sinkFLsink wrote:
another-waver wrote:I'd be happy if they were all runs of 10,000 and sold at 7-11. :D

What? I would not feel the same way about an art-toy if it was available at Target, Wal-Mart or 7-11 as you say. I know you were just making a point, but the fact that they're somewhat limited in where you can get them (like most art-toys) is an attraction to collect them. I do agree 100% that it would be nice to know if there was 1,000 Nukes or 10,000 available.

Honestly, I'm just getting tired of the pretension of the "art toy" label. Because I feel that 99% of them are NOT art, but just commerce masquerading (poorly) as art. Part of my Peecol attraction is that I don't feel a need to just plop these on a shelf and never touch them again, except to dust. I have been having a ball with these. And they're built for it too. Mine have taken some solid abuse to this point, the kind that would have easily destroyed a Qee with a hundred scratches, and they still look fresh out of the box. Okay, 7-11 is a stretch (and the price point wouldn't fly there anyway) but for convenience's sake, I wouldn't mind at all.

LOL, is anyone else seeing the correlation between the search for Nukes and the search that President Bush did for Nukes. Sometimes you're just not going to find any and you'll have to go on with your life.

He says Iran is trying to build a Peecol now.