Why?

Discuss PEECOL, the toy designed for Kidrobot by the pixel phenomenon, eBoy!

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

RJ

Why?

Post by RJ » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:44 am

What's The Point Of These Things? If KR Is Trying To Make Peecol As Popular As Dunnys They Are So Wrong.

I Know Some People Like Peecol So I Do Welcome Hate Mail.

Kidrobot Guru wrote:or you can collect whatever you want... however you like. :rolleyes:

My Collection
Needed:
ilovedust 3 Bears 8 Inch Dunny
SUG (Any Colorway)
Hazmapo Fall(en) Series
French Dunny Golden Ticket
Easy Hey French Dunny
Tizieu French Dunny
Ajee/Naked Chase French Dunny
Kaws 5yr Later Companion (Regular/Monotone Colorway)
3 Inch Dunny Rib-Eye
Any Doma Acid Sweeties
Any Scarygirl City Folk
Any Sours
MC Supersized
Zombie Pet 8 Inch Dunny
sumatra71 wrote:Dang RJ you got hooked up for real...!!!

Capt. Hindsight

Post by Capt. Hindsight » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:11 pm

Yeah, how dare a company try to expand by introducing new products?!?!

pocketwookie

Post by pocketwookie » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:21 pm

i'm always amazed that people don't understand kidrobot is in the business of making money.

there's certainly a component of developing product that their core market loves. in this case, the dunny. but the reality is, they've only got a few years they can make this product work. as much as the collector community doesn't want to hear it, these things are like beanie babies. KR can't keep making money off of them forever.

If you don't like them, that's fine. i don't like the fact that my daughter loves Barney. guess what, they're not marketing barney to me. but that doesn't mean i can't appreciate the quality of the toy or the marketing behind it.

so KR tires some new things. maybe it fails miserably, but maybe they can expand their customer base. the important thing is they're trying to develop new product lines. and if PEECOL or YO! GABBA GABBA is wildly successful, you can either get on the bandwagon, or rest easy knowing the money they make off the rest of us idiot consumers (that obviously don't know how lame we are for liking these toys) will keep less profitable product lines afloat.

it's called business folks. you don't have to like PEECOL to understand that.

RJ

Post by RJ » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:57 pm

Capt. Hindsight wrote:Yeah, how dare a company try to expand by introducing new products?!?!

LIKE I SAID, HATE MAIL (should've never started this topic:doubt:)
Kidrobot Guru wrote:or you can collect whatever you want... however you like. :rolleyes:

My Collection
Needed:
ilovedust 3 Bears 8 Inch Dunny
SUG (Any Colorway)
Hazmapo Fall(en) Series
French Dunny Golden Ticket
Easy Hey French Dunny
Tizieu French Dunny
Ajee/Naked Chase French Dunny
Kaws 5yr Later Companion (Regular/Monotone Colorway)
3 Inch Dunny Rib-Eye
Any Doma Acid Sweeties
Any Scarygirl City Folk
Any Sours
MC Supersized
Zombie Pet 8 Inch Dunny
sumatra71 wrote:Dang RJ you got hooked up for real...!!!

Misterine

Re: Why?

Post by Misterine » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:15 pm

RJ wrote:What's The Point Of These Things? If KR Is Trying To Make Peecol As Popular As Dunnys They Are So Wrong.

I Know Some People Like Peecol So I Do Welcome Hate Mail.

i bet that when dunny's were 1st released... at that HK toyconvention people didn't like it... and it was for free.... same they did the the nuke peecol... everything starts somewhere... so stop hating the peecols..

+1 i dont like the Yo gabba gabba ... its prob jsut to promote younger kids... into kidrobot.. i saw a little kid go inside with his dad and buying mongers
Good People/buyers/sellers/traders
streakzzZZ,f451,lucidruthie,LabbitHutch
Dunny,notsam,MfMunny,orlowone,Rebound,ns3d, chelseacandy,captainplastic,Dunn Da-Da ,mzkaydi,N_roboy12, wELiKeItRaW119, JJ,SecurityGeek, Nakanari,PhatBastard,
phaughey,smorkin_love,adigitalcure,MrMongoose, Icon84,kidstartexas,The Boy Wunder, Shauni55,nerbous,uhmski, the naked one
Sign Here If you love lucky cats
dream came true

too long
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148684

Hairbland

Re: Why?

Post by Hairbland » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:55 am

+1 i dont like the Yo gabba gabba ... its prob just to promote younger kids... into kidrobot.. i saw a little kid go inside with his dad and buying mongers[/quote]

Well, while I buy my 3 year old Kid Robot toys, I think their prices for items such as a child's Kid Robot sweatshirt are a joke - $100! This is twice what the fancy kids' clothesmakers charge - a joke, and a ripoff.