I hate these things!

Discuss PEECOL, the toy designed for Kidrobot by the pixel phenomenon, eBoy!

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

commiebeatnik

Post by commiebeatnik » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:56 am

i don't hate these things, i was just trying to understand what people meant when they were talking about how much potential and how smart and subversive this line was. and thanks to some boardmembers i can now see the appeal and potential for these guys.

FS:

10" DR. BOMB LIME SHERBERT W/ CIG
SET OF 16 HORVATH NOUPA
8" LENNIN DUNNY SIGNED BY ZOKIK

huck gee

Post by huck gee » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:08 pm

DreVanFuzen wrote:
huck gee wrote:
DreVanFuzen wrote:
philnjill wrote:
huck gee wrote:What I don't get is why, if you kids hate these so much, you are wasting your time discussing them in their own forum?

I hate Fergie but you don't find me on her messageboards ranting how much I dislike her.

Kids, some people like these, you don't. Leave it be. To each their own.

=D> =D>

Because the only difference between HATE and HYPE are two letters. XD

::runs off::

Um, what hype? Are these super limited edition and/or being worn by P Diddy in his latest video? What hype?

Kidrobot is investing in a new product line by Eboy (who has mad skills). And have made some dope sneakers (the first KR sneakers since the Nikes that I'm excited about).

I'm not a big fan of these but I see the appeal. If no one buys them, then Kidrobot wasted their investment. But I see no reason to hate on these just because they're toys that actually look like toys. Oh nos! Or for some bizarre accusation that they're the part of some great giant hype machine.

All I read in here is high and mighty folks talking crap about products they personally don't appreciate. Does that make you feel better about the toys you do collect?

I was being sarcastic. KR is advertising this as "heavily anticipated", which I don't see in the community heavily anticipating this as much as their other products. The hype machine works both ways and any fool in advertising will use it to their advantage along with the negative aspects of that very particular and fickle beast.

Also if you look at my previous post, I am not one of those people wasting time hating on these toys. Mainly ambivelent and uninterested as the platform is something I do not find appealing at all.

Any type of discussion, albeit negative regarding the peecools can be considered free advertising thus the hype comment. It doesn't have to be as frothing mad hype as the dunnys but well....we're talking about it aren't we?

Someone would be like hey, what's the deal with these toys and looks, there you go potential customer or maybe not.

EDIT: I do agree with you on why start a thread in a forum for said products just to hate on it. That's just plain unecessary.

No worries. I can't say I'm a fan of these either but I see their appeal. I'm a big fan of Legos and Playmobil and would kill to make my own version of Playmobil figs, so I have a feeling these will grow on me much more as the series evolves.

Sometimes, I just get sick and tired of all the hate filled comments on this board and have to stand up and say something. Anonymity lets people run away with themselves. I've never understood the stance of "I don't like something so everyone else should hate it too" or "ZOMG, they suck cuz look like real toys". Huh? Last I checked toys are toys are toys. Show some love for a change.

/rant

EASheartsVinyl

Post by EASheartsVinyl » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:59 pm

it's ok huck. :goodman:

playmobil was my favorite when i was little. the playability of those and legos were the reason they were great.
kom22 wrote:We are prepared to defend our turf like a bunch of redshirts in otherville.

DreVanFuzen

Post by DreVanFuzen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:07 pm

I never had LEGOS. T_____________T

::feels deprived::

Probably explains a lot. Nate says he'll take me to Legoland and I can ride the little rides since I am scared of roller coasters. I told him FU. LOL

another-waver

Post by another-waver » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:08 pm

DreVanFuzen wrote:I never had LEGOS. T_____________T

::feels deprived::

Probably explains a lot. Nate says he'll take me to Legoland and I can ride the little rides since I am scared of roller coasters. I told him FU. LOL

It should be a crime not to give kids Legos, Tinkertoys and Erector Sets. I still veg out with PixelBlocks every now and again. "Building toys" rule.

N_roboy12

Post by N_roboy12 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:56 pm

i always had legos my whole life,they rock!
www.myspace.com/roboy13
SALES THREAD
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=127477
Good buyers/sellers/traders: djkrush, streakzzZZ, kidrobotNY(x3), s(p)am
Speed959(x2), NYC.Parce(x2), busizem718, Bo0oYaH(x2), mzkayDi, evilpilgrim, Mwood007,itzBIGant, zonnie5, toyzinmyattik(x2), misterine, catana68, bubblegumking, Dunkmax, Shauni55, Buellster, markie_darkie, SecurityGeek, bkz41, lui

EASheartsVinyl

Post by EASheartsVinyl » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:07 pm

maddie...no....say it isn't so maddie!!! NO LEGOS???? HOW DID YOU LIVE?

there is nothing better than pouring out a box of legos (the littles ones of course. not those stupid big ones) that's bigger than you are and just throwing your arms in it. or using your teeth to get the head off of a stubborn one.
kom22 wrote:We are prepared to defend our turf like a bunch of redshirts in otherville.

N_roboy12

Post by N_roboy12 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:11 pm

EASheartsVinyl wrote:maddie...no....say it isn't so maddie!!! NO LEGOS???? HOW DID YOU LIVE?

there is nothing better than pouring out a box of legos (the littles ones of course. not those stupid big ones) that's bigger than you are and just throwing your arms in it. or using your teeth to get the head off of a stubborn one.
THATS JUST HOW I FEEL!!LONG LIVE LEGOS!!! :partyman: :partyman: :partyman:
www.myspace.com/roboy13
SALES THREAD
Speed959(x2), NYC.Parce(x2), busizem718, Bo0oYaH(x2), mzkayDi, evilpilgrim, Mwood007,itzBIGant, zonnie5, toyzinmyattik(x2), misterine, catana68, bubblegumking, Dunkmax, Shauni55, Buellster, markie_darkie, SecurityGeek, bkz41, lui

cinnamoroll

Post by cinnamoroll » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:43 pm

When did these happen? I am so lost.
Good transactions with: catch232, toyologist, dearyou, birdman, gia, ROCSone, o_kedoki, dieselbouy, Crazyrobot, LWOdunny!

Wishlist: Yeti Qee, Original Treeson

another-waver

Post by another-waver » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:48 pm

cinnamoroll wrote:When did these happen? I am so lost.

The first figure, Nuke, has been a giveaway in different cities leading up to the 25th, when the first batch drops from KR. So they haven't really happened quite yet.

N_roboy12

Post by N_roboy12 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:49 pm

YOU FOOL!! :axe:
www.myspace.com/roboy13
SALES THREAD

Meow402

Post by Meow402 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:41 am

N_roboy12 wrote:
YOU FOOL!! :axe:

Heheheh
Looking For
Fafi Girl Capsules!!!
Lollipop Girls!!!

smorkinjake

Post by smorkinjake » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:21 am

I wouldn't say that I hate these but definitly wont be buying them...Lego rules all, I used to play with that for days at a time, making gigantic castles and then playing war, damn I gotta get that box back from my mom (when I moved out years ago she made me keep it there for my little brother :'( ) playmobil was lego for the rich in holland...sometimes you'd get one figure for ones birthday...but i prefered lego cause you could make your own stuff with it

LONG LIVE LEGO

now c'mon kr make some dunny lego :P
want list

Redrum 10" labbit
Huck Gee Hi I am insane
Giant sarge (gid and all other ones...but no hurry for it)

and most important...more space

Avater made by Obie

I RULE RANDOMNESS

AL_R

Post by AL_R » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:58 pm

Why hate, but I won't buy! :rolleyes:

monkeyzero

Post by monkeyzero » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:41 pm

they look like fake Lego Playmobil Adventure People Kubricks

[-(

lifeSIZEuglyDOL

Post by lifeSIZEuglyDOL » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:42 am

:( :( :(
Last edited by lifeSIZEuglyDOL on Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pocketwookie

Post by pocketwookie » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:36 am

monkeyzero wrote:they look like fake Lego Playmobil Adventure People Kubricks

[-(

There was no part of that description I didn't like.

Anna

Post by Anna » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:09 am

Lego rules!

however, there is nothing on earth more painful than kneeling on a 1by2 spot lego brick :???: :shock: :mad:

philnjill

Post by philnjill » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:21 am

Anna wrote:Lego rules!

however, there is nothing on earth more painful than kneeling on a 1by2 spot lego brick :???: :shock: :mad:

Or stepping on it in the middle of the night.

SmorkinDoobers

Re: I hate these things!

Post by SmorkinDoobers » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:43 am

Dalinquint wrote:Who agrees?

I agree, they look like Playschool toys. One mans garbage is another mans treasure however.
FRANK KOZIK - "we are all beautiful colors on gods rainbow."
My Heat is HOT like Fire
Also had GREAT dealings with:
XBLMANIMAL, Aussietoyrama, jonz149, rocketpop, creaturion, qwertyuiop, mad, brooks55, Maadbeats, Diesel, monsterdecay, RobotCompanion, Selph One, magicmanjk808, Chris, C483125117, LondontoLA, coasterbear, WTfunks, APina, FericFanatic, Alice, Mrfang, bigbade, Orlowone, Retro603, Useless Toys, Tavaro

huck gee

Post by huck gee » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:42 am

*flashback*

*cries like a 4 year old*

shakey

Post by shakey » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:29 pm

huck gee wrote:

*flashback*

*cries like a 4 year old*

I'll see your kneeling on a 1x2 and raise you standing barefoot on a 2x4 :-&

why do americans call it legos though?

EASheartsVinyl

Post by EASheartsVinyl » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:36 pm

what do you call them?

and yea stepping on them is way worse than kneeling. who remembers setting your hand on some for a while without realizing it and having lego imprints?

Anna

Post by Anna » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:40 pm

I think Shakey means saying Legos instead of Lego which is the correct use for both plural and singular

no I gotta disagree, kneeling was the worst, thin layer of skin stretched over bone vs fleshy base of the foot?? kneeling hurt more!

oh and yeah, I totally remember imprints - ahh happy memories
Last edited by Anna on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AW177

Post by AW177 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:41 pm

Don't be hatin'!