Peecol Thoughts?

Discuss PEECOL, the toy designed for Kidrobot by the pixel phenomenon, eBoy!

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

SM DOOM

Post by SM DOOM » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:49 am

Garbage. I'm sorry....

[ Added: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:10 am ]
Kidrobot Guru wrote:Sure ain't especially today.

Guru

You can't be like that man. You guys are quick to say how you deal with criticism and all that jazz, but you're deleting posts where people say anything bad...that only leaves people who either dig them, or don't care enough to even comment.

When everyone one was hyping the outstanding Samurai and Geisha dunnys, no one had a problem. But let anybody say "Horrible move, KR" and you get stuff like this.

In my opinion, they do look cheap. I can see that because of the pics that were posted. Its not like someone said "Peecol, a new toy from KR...coming soon!" and people generated their distaste based off the name. There are pictures man!

Point blank this board is becoming full of "Yes" men...hyping up any and everything that is released. There's no balance. No room for dissenting opinions.

Everybody makes mistakes...Hell, remember Crystal Pepsi? :lol:

Good sales,trades, and buys with: Dunny_Puzzo, wacko, Mr.Stone, kemap, jocappy, nmr509, KatieinMaryland, Mallet, rain, xerocs, leadie, doughyboy, drinkh2so4, galleriedesoto, flapjack, mz, messrock, eckotyper, miyestyle, ddotkim, melly

VR representative

storey

Post by storey » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:29 am

I'm one of the few that dig these and I'm NOT a "yes" man. I agree that all opinions should be expressed freely. I still don't understand the hate... :-k

SM DOOM

Post by SM DOOM » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:25 pm

storey wrote:I'm one of the few that dig these and I'm NOT a "yes" man. I agree that all opinions should be expressed freely. I still don't understand the hate... :-k

You say you agree with all opinions being expressed freely, then say you don't understand the "hate". Why does all dissenting commentary have to be hate?

Like I said....Yes men.

Good sales,trades, and buys with: Dunny_Puzzo, wacko, Mr.Stone, kemap, jocappy, nmr509, KatieinMaryland, Mallet, rain, xerocs, leadie, doughyboy, drinkh2so4, galleriedesoto, flapjack, mz, messrock, eckotyper, miyestyle, ddotkim, melly

VR representative

hmalbon

Post by hmalbon » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:48 pm

possibly capturing a broader market? although i have to say, i think it would be neat if there were buildings and vehicles, along the idea of a previous reply of making them tiny with tons of accessories, that would totally satisfy my mid-20's craving for polly pockets.

Samurai Lincoln

Post by Samurai Lincoln » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:17 pm

hmalbon wrote:possibly capturing a broader market? although i have to say, i think it would be neat if there were buildings and vehicles, along the idea of a previous reply of making them tiny with tons of accessories, that would totally satisfy my mid-20's craving for polly pockets.

:lol: This post made me love you, and I don't even know you! :biggrin:

hmalbon

Post by hmalbon » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:19 pm

haha, thanks samurai :heart:

SnorseWhisperer

Post by SnorseWhisperer » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:36 pm

melek_taus wrote:Blasphemy!

... you got me I guess.

Stuff I Want
- DX Skull Kuns
- Kaws x Pus Silver
- Kozik RXH Mutant Evil - pickle or murder
frank kozik wrote:sending me this is like showing Elvis a bucket of fried chicken and downers.

PM Me!

purplehaze1091

Post by purplehaze1091 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:01 pm

IDK yet on how I feel about these, but the peecol poster found on eboys website gives me hope that some figs that are as cool as the ones seen in this poster will come out
TRADES:
crystaldeath, vinylwhanker, dearyou
BUYERS:
M_329, CAR, spankystokes, eoin3, c-money, f451, puma3077, mint, DirEnGrey, at321fakest, phatcapsfan, rice0roni, KANO, Blot911, dnbhead54, sirimabadfisher, ALi, kmp831, aka-man, pwang8888
SELLERS:
acityinside
shakey wrote:
Swizz!! wrote:not feelin' it, sorry.

and smoking sucks.

yup, cos if smoking blows you're doing it wrong

storey

Post by storey » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:31 pm

Still not sure about the "yes man" label... but by "hate" I meant comments like...
SM DOOM wrote:Garbage. I'm sorry....

I'm curious as to why they are so unappealing... are they too close to an "action figure" and stray away from the "designer vinyl" standard?

Arne Saknussen

Post by Arne Saknussen » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:47 pm

To me, they seem to be The Village People of platform toys.

Another member made the same comment on another board. First credit goes to them.

MADCOW

Post by MADCOW » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:32 pm

me no like. poor design lego shape. im disappointed in eboy. :doubt:

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:19 pm

I like um!

I guess I'm alone on that though.

Doubt I would be able to collect them though, with a $10 price tag.

VinylMessiah

Post by VinylMessiah » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:55 pm

they look pretty cool....kinda like kidrobot's version of kubrick...i dig em....
Good Deals With: SpankyStokes, Sadistic Spork, djkrush, mzkayDi

maraudandembezz

Post by maraudandembezz » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:56 pm

Not into these at all...

Too simple and lego-like.

No original character designs either... :neutral:

Samurai Lincoln

Post by Samurai Lincoln » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:39 pm

purplehaze1091 wrote:Image

IDK yet on how I feel about these, but the peecol poster found on eboys website gives me hope that some figs that are as cool as the ones seen in this poster will come out

Hell, if they can tweak their sculpts I would actually want some of these.

This first series though....................woof

wolfsangel74

ok

Post by wolfsangel74 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:24 pm

Not my fav, but they're okay
I'm new to the vinyl scene but love, love, love it!!!!

WVURxGal

Post by WVURxGal » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:01 pm

I'm undecided how I feel about these. Looking at the larger pictures on the peecol page, I do like them more... but I agree with wanting them more pixelated. I guess the only thing I do like is that some of them make me giggle (like the construction dude with the sunburn, dunno why but it cracks me up.) I guess i just don't like the shape... and no, I'm not a fan of Legos, lol. I actually HATED the dang things as a kid 'cause it was way too much work and I was just no good at it... goes for all the building toys. Maybe that's why they turn me off!

mindblowin02

Post by mindblowin02 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:34 am

not feeling this at all.

danieldanger

Post by danieldanger » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:24 am

i like em. theyre cute and look well made.

to all those saying they look like lego figures... have you ever seen a lego figure? other than the fact that they both are "vaguely human shaped", they really look nothing alike. lego figures are squared off and geometrical, these are rounded. lego figs have semi circles that look nothing like real hands, these have hands with actual fingers and thumbs. lego figs have tiiiny little arms, these have oversized arms with muscle and definition. rounded feet, faces with ears, full paint jobs, belt line indentations, no button on the top of their head, indented curves of the body underneath the arms, all sorts of different heads compared to the one stock lego head. ... so yeah, i really aint getting that comparison, because on that rational of thought, ANY human shaped toy is a lego rip off. ...unless youre looking at the pixel illustrations of the buildings and bringing that thought process over to these, i dunno.

regardless, i think theyre cute and very well designed. and for those saying they look too much like a commercial toy or to "actual toy like", remember youre on a website that sells toys. the demographic is what you make it. thats the point. i like toys, thats why im here, these are toys. if i didnt want something that "looks like it was for kids", i wouldnt be on a toy website buying toys. PLUS, its entirely possible kids will play with these more than adults will collect them, still being a successful product for KR.

toys! theyre supposed to be fun. these are fun!

bunkka

Post by bunkka » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:02 am

ugly! I'll buy legos

ZopBoy

Post by ZopBoy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:10 am

I'm with hmalbon - let's see accessories and environments!

Maybe a shame they've been 'smoothed' - might have been good to have them look like they've been made from 3D pixels - tiny cubes??? like they'd jumped straight off the screen.

I'll wait and see - so much stuff looks better in the flesh - or plastic.
WANTED!
2005 SDCC Exclusive Neth creatures,

Over 70 Great Deals so far......
[size=150]only one BAD DEAL with megaman333

agitprop

Post by agitprop » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:35 pm

I'll withhold judgment until I see these in person but I think they are nicely designed. I disagree with those who say they need to look pixelated. I think they would look cheap(er) if they looked like the people in the posters.

revkev73

Post by revkev73 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:17 pm

I'm baffled by some of the comments I read about how they look.. like they aren't "vinyl" enough, or "designer" enough... so that makes them lame. how does one exactly categorize something as being designer enough?

Misterine

Post by Misterine » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:06 pm

i rather just dig his posters... those are nice city scape posters.. super big too
Good People/buyers/sellers/traders
streakzzZZ,f451,lucidruthie,LabbitHutch
Dunny,notsam,MfMunny,orlowone,Rebound,ns3d, chelseacandy,captainplastic,Dunn Da-Da ,mzkaydi,N_roboy12, wELiKeItRaW119, JJ,SecurityGeek, Nakanari,PhatBastard,
phaughey,smorkin_love,adigitalcure,MrMongoose, Icon84,kidstartexas,The Boy Wunder, Shauni55,nerbous,uhmski, the naked one
Sign Here If you love lucky cats
dream came true

too long
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148684

hova0023

Post by hova0023 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:38 pm

shakey wrote:I know I'm gonna be getting at least one peecol

Nice, too bad Kidrobot only has a size run on sneakers to 13, I'd be all over those. . . damn my slightly too big foot =(
Wants: French Golden Ticket, Tera McPherson LA Series Dunny, Baroness Dunny, Series 4: Golden Ticket, GID Huck and Diver

Good Transactions:

Bought from: magicmanjk808, joeydzzle, mzkayDi(x5), ballaholyk84, LondonToLA, dieselbouy, catch232, coasterbear (won contest from:)), BONER, nmr509, mfmunny, lex2000, playdoh, xblMANIMAL (Go buy a mystery box NOW!), EmptyLogik, flabby (thank you so much for my 2 favorite dunnys!), meanmistert, robotsonic, ritedere, acityinside, doughyboy, berickles, Slack, grimlock, DOOBS01s GF, jfresh001, tommynathan, Latebloomer30, at321fakest, NewAddictions

Sold to: Rebound, wizeguy

Traded with: D-Rail, Icon84, (generic name), Latebloomer30, mzkayDi, dunnyhunny, cahrowline