Page 1 of 1

Looking for Peecol information.

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:23 am
by redstar
Hello,

Could anybody explain what peecols have been and gone, im interested in collecting peecols however i dont know much information about them. Im thinking of ordering both sets from the eboy shop. Aside from them what else is out there. I have noticed theres a Lacoste set, from what i gather one gets these through purchasing some certain shoes? Can you still get them with whatever shoes these are? I am a bit confused heh.

Cheers,

Re: Looking for Peecol information.

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:45 am
by smorkin_love
redstar wrote:Hello,

Could anybody explain what peecols have been and gone, im interested in collecting peecols however i dont know much information about them. Im thinking of ordering both sets from the eboy shop. Aside from them what else is out there. I have noticed theres a Lacoste set, from what i gather one gets these through purchasing some certain shoes? Can you still get them with whatever shoes these are? I am a bit confused heh.

Cheers,


Peecols came from eBoy. It's their idea of pixel art for figures. Its the collaboration of KR and eBoy, that makes the peecol toy figures that you're interested to buy. Ordering from the eBoy shop is a good idea - should also grab the Eva as its rather exclusive. There are as follows:

Nuke
Marcos
Lacruzz02
Swizz
Series 1 - 6 of them - check eBoy's shop for more reference
Lacoste01
Lacoste02
Lacoste03
Series 2 - 6 of them - again check eboy's shop
Eva
Burglar - released today
Krauts - releasing on June 5th
Series 3 - another 6 of them - maybe releasing in July, if not later

You can get the lacoste shoes via KR online store. In fact i checked yesterday and there were still some left. not sure about the sizes, but check for yourself. and yes the lacoste shoes come with its correspondent lacoste peecol.

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:11 am
by another-waver
Peecols actually originated as a pixel font from eboy. The different "characters" of the font were small pictograms, each representing a third of a complete character, and when mixed and matched, these pieces could be used to create any number of interesting combinations. I believe the font was originally released through FontFont, a very well respected German typography house.

The Peecol poster from eboy, illustrates this concept very nicely. http://hello.eboy.com/eboy/wp-content/u ... _k10.2.png

The Peecols expand this modular building idea to 3d form, as the top and bottom halves can be mixed and matched in many different ways.

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:17 am
by smorkin_love
another-waver wrote:Peecols actually originated as a pixel font from eboy. The different "characters" of the font were small pictograms, each representing a third of a complete character, and when mixed and matched, these pieces could be used to create any number of interesting combinations. I believe the font was originally released through FontFont, a very well respected German typography house.

The Peecol poster from eboy, illustrates this concept very nicely. http://hello.eboy.com/eboy/wp-content/u ... _k10.2.png

The Peecols expand this modular building idea to 3d form, as the top and bottom halves can be mixed and matched in many different ways.


thats what i meant. :)

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:22 am
by another-waver
I have a knack for providing unnecessarily long-winded, overly complicated answers to simple questions. ;)

Very helpfull

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:45 am
by redstar
Thanks one and all for the replys,

I decided to order a nice little chunk from the eboy site. I went ahead and purchased series one and two plus the Eva (ltd. edition) signed one. I couldnt find the Burglar on the eboy site, i quite like him.

Awesome-o

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:58 am
by another-waver
Hey Redstar, if you're in London, hustle your butt over to Concrete Hermit Gallery and check out their show! It just opened last week!

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:00 am
by redstar
I was looking at that earlier, Im hoping to go with xxdunnyxx, when he gets back from spain =] Should be good.

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:20 am
by smorkin_love
I really want that blanket at concret hermit, but 185 GBP is like 400 for a blanket?! thats way too much for me, but lucky for you UKers for once. that things are actually happeneing in europe :)

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:09 am
by another-waver
Eboy does almost all of their exhibits in Europe. :(

When I saw LA exhibition on their site, I was all excited until I realized that the LA exhibition was in London!

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:58 pm
by redstar
Could you possibly find a link to the blanket? So i can see what it looks like? Would they be seeling peecol?

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:10 pm
by Misterine

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:19 pm
by smorkin_love
blanket is here

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:08 am
by another-waver
redstar wrote:Could you possibly find a link to the blanket? So i can see what it looks like? Would they be seeling peecol?

Man, if I was going to that exhibition the piece there that would be tempting me badly would be Burgerman's WorryKnot. That thing is awesome, I can't believe they weren't all gone a long time ago!

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:56 pm
by Misterine
lol

Krauts

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:37 am
by redstar
I got hold of Krauts :D