forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Anyone got a spare Eva?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:15 pm 

I live in the UK but to get eva to me will cost in total $61 can anyone post one to me for not Take the piss prices?

Post subject: PM'd
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:38 am 

PM'd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:04 am 

flipflap wrote:
I live in the UK but to get eva to me will cost in total $61 can anyone post one to me for not Take the piss prices?

Wish I'd clocked this before I bought one off ebay yesterday, the kind chap offered me 2 but I didn't think I'd shift the other!
Feel free to PM me in future, I'll gladly split the cost of shipping or pickup multiple ebay orders etc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:46 pm 

Ex.Salf.Uni wrote:
flipflap wrote:

Wish I'd clocked this before I bought one off ebay yesterday, the kind chap offered me 2 but I didn't think I'd shift the other!
Feel free to PM me in future, I'll gladly split the cost of shipping or pickup multiple ebay orders etc.

eboy also sells Peecols direct from their site... http://hello.eboy.com/eboy/shop/?cat=to ... d7e7226aef

They haven't had the exclusives but this may work out better for you than KR for the regular series...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:57 am 

another-waver wrote:
eboy also sells Peecols direct from their site... http://hello.eboy.com/eboy/shop/?cat=to ... d7e7226aef

They haven't had the exclusives but this may work out better for you than KR for the regular series...

Thanks, I recently bought the entire 2nd series from them. There are a couple of shops here in Manchester stocking series 1 & 2, it's the limited edition figures that prove needlessly expensive for collectors outside the US. I've just bought Eva for $30 from ebay.com as it proved cheaper than buying from Kidrobot after shipping!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:16 am 
Still available on the site...
http://www.kidrobot.com/products2.cfm?I ... v_chooser=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:12 am 

Paul Budnitz Jr wrote:

I'm quickly becoming disillusioned with Kidrobot...
To justify the horrific shipping charges to the UK I'd planned to ship my Eva with the entire 2nd series, only to find they'd sold out of all Peecol figures other than WGirl. I decided to look elsewhere... A week later, every figure is back up for sale!!

I paid double for Eva on Ebay and still got it cheaper than KR could deliver!! Can someone explain the logic in that to me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:16 am 
Ex.Salf.Uni wrote:
Paul Budnitz Jr wrote:

I'm quickly becoming disillusioned with Kidrobot...
To justify the horrific shipping charges to the UK I'd planned to ship my Eva with the entire 2nd series, only to find they'd sold out of all Peecol figures other than WGirl. I decided to look elsewhere... A week later, every figure is back up for sale!!

I paid double for Eva on Ebay and still got it cheaper than KR could deliver!! Can someone explain the logic in that to me?
Sorry to hear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:28 am 

Paul Budnitz Jr wrote:
Sorry to hear.

Apologies for the rant. I really dig the Peecol collection, obviously, I'm just finding it difficult to justify the growing cost of my collection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:38 am 

dude, that's not really paul, just some guy with paul's name as his username. and now w/ a few pics.

right before eva went onsale somebody posted that same problem asking kr what the deal is. apparently, it was a computer glitch that got fixed, and that is when they came back up for sale.

somebody was saying it might be cheaper to buy the peecols from eboy in europe. but i don't know if they had eva.

anyway, these toys rock so you'll be happy once you get your set.

and i don't feel too bad for your shippping cost. so with the dollar more wimpy every day, $61 is like five pounds or something. right? and dunnys retail for 5 pounds, too. hey, i would trade places, if only you could do something about tthe weather~

The Best in LA Street Art:
http://melroseandfairfax.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:17 pm 

shizasta wrote:
dude, that's not really paul, just some guy with paul's name as his username. and now w/ a few pics.

right before eva went onsale somebody posted that same problem asking kr what the deal is. apparently, it was a computer glitch that got fixed, and that is when they came back up for sale.

somebody was saying it might be cheaper to buy the peecols from eboy in europe. but i don't know if they had eva.

anyway, these toys rock so you'll be happy once you get your set.

and i don't feel too bad for your shippping cost. so with the dollar more wimpy every day, $61 is like five pounds or something. right? and dunnys retail for 5 pounds, too. hey, i would trade places, if only you could do something about tthe weather~

DUDE, 61 usd is 30 pounds, you really think that's not too bad?
Other shops like Rotofugi are capable of shipping you a whole box with toys at that price. There are already some threads about the extravagant shippingcosts KR is charging their overseas costumers. There's even a thread at the "Ask KR section". Guess what: that thread is going on for a couple of months without any answer from KR.
They just don't care about their overseas business.

Total Cost of Items: $14.95
Shipping & Handling: $46.25

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:24 pm 

dude, i DO agree with you that that shipping is WAAAYY too much.

and i know $60 is roughly 30 pds, i was being sarcastic.

i was just making the point that even if you did get screwed through shipping, your pound has a lot more buying power than the dollar right now. i mean, i think the canadian dollar is still about equal to the dollar! its generally 60 cents on the buck.

thats all, but i feel u, man

The Best in LA Street Art:
http://melroseandfairfax.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:32 pm 

shizasta wrote:
dude, i DO agree with you that that shipping is WAAAYY too much.

and i know $60 is roughly 30 pds, i was being sarcastic.

i was just making the point that even if you did get screwed through shipping, your pound has a lot more buying power than the dollar right now. i mean, i think the canadian dollar is still about equal to the dollar! its generally 60 cents on the buck.

thats all, but i feel u, man

its generally 60cent on the buck? are you kidding me, it was just so happened that the canadian economy was facing a recession and you americans were doing well. that was a record breaking for canadian dollars, it usually stands 80 cents.
you sure like being sarcastic eh

Great Transaction(s):
| SnorseWhisperer | Bo0oYaH | kom22 | ChefJt | Natural Light | Misterine | jonvespa | raajr187 | WandererLA | kngwiz | johnnymu | magic_wanna |

| flyinglobster - www.cardboardspaceship.net |

Not so Great Transaction(s):
| selekta_nips |

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]