Has anybody done a custom Mak.Po?

A place where you can discuss TinPo, HazmaPo, UniPo, JunPo, SUG's, and everything else being brought to you by this creatively artistic company.

Moderators: Kidrobot Guru, unkl-leah

Mastodon

Has anybody done a custom Mak.Po?

Post by Mastodon » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:10 pm

Especially since you can pick one up for $100 now.
I think it's ripe for the picking.

just curious if anyone has stumbled across one yet....

sumatra71

Post by sumatra71 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:47 am

a custom Mak attack would be super cool...!!!

Mastodon

Post by Mastodon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pm

Found one....
plus a custom SUG and Ulligus to match.

they're interesting if only because it's the first I've seen, quality seems low, although I do like how he incorporated the extra arm.
The SUG is definitely a motorbot ripoff.

check em...
Mak.Po

SUG

Ulligus

there's more pictures in the links

Kingly Decay

Post by Kingly Decay » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:19 am

That's not a Motorbot ripoff. It's a specific style for the most part called Steampunk (Google it). I think these guys look great!......Good find!

Mastodon

Post by Mastodon » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:58 am

Kingly Decay wrote:That's not a Motorbot ripoff. It's a specific style for the most part called Steampunk (Google it). I think these guys look great!......Good find!

I'm quite familiar with steampunk. I'm not sure how these qualify...
there is nothing retro, pre-tech about these other than the rust color.

you don't see the similarity between the metal studs on this motorbot custom and the previous?

rustedhalo

Post by rustedhalo » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:07 am

Mastodon wrote:
Kingly Decay wrote:That's not a Motorbot ripoff. It's a specific style for the most part called Steampunk (Google it). I think these guys look great!......Good find!

you don't see the similarity between the metal studs on this motorbot custom and the previous?

I've done pieces like that too and 1 even before motorbot did that Sug. It is a style that does get thrown into "SteamPunk" which Doktor A has been doing for years. The style has even been out there longer then the term "Steampunk" my art teacher back in HS 93-96 use to call me a "rivet head" cause I had metal objects including screws, nails, rivets, eyelets, safty pins, and sewing needles protruding from my art. The term "rivet head" later became a label for people who listened to a certain type of industrial music. I hate labels, art is art and is inspired by many people and things we see as we grow up.

Mastodon

Post by Mastodon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:04 pm

rustedhalo wrote:
Mastodon wrote:

I've done pieces like that too and 1 even before motorbot did that Sug. It is a style that does get thrown into "SteamPunk" which Doktor A has been doing for years. The style has even been out there longer then the term "Steampunk" my art teacher back in HS 93-96 use to call me a "rivet head" cause I had metal objects including screws, nails, rivets, eyelets, safty pins, and sewing needles protruding from my art. The term "rivet head" later became a label for people who listened to a certain type of industrial music. I hate labels, art is art and is inspired by many people and things we see as we grow up.

you're correct, tons of people have used rivets on a million other projects. I just called out this guy for ripping off motor because he very closely mirrored the style on the exact same figure.

I still don't see how rivets automatically equal steampunk, but I don't follow it that closely either

art is art,
didn't mean to start an argument

motorbot

Post by motorbot » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:27 pm

I'd be down for a makpo if anyone is interested. Ive got a few ideas sctually

I didn't invent rivets nor was I the first to use them. I appreciate you looking out for me though mastodon
stand back burrito

motorbot shop
twitter

I am ALWAYS accepting commissions, drop me a line if you want something

flickr

Desecration

Post by Desecration » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:00 am

rustedhalo wrote:The style has even been out there longer then the term "Steampunk" my art teacher back in HS 93-96 use to call me a "rivet head" cause I had metal objects including screws, nails, rivets, eyelets, safty pins, and sewing needles protruding from my art. The term "rivet head" later became a label for people who listened to a certain type of industrial music. I hate labels, art is art and is inspired by many people and things we see as we grow up.

Gotta love Rivetheads. :lol: 8-[
Rivet
Designer Toy and Art Gallery
1200 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43201
614-294-8697