forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Sug and Ulligus
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:02 pm 

I've been trying to pick up older Sugs on ebay for a little while and keep getting outbid at the last second..... so I've got no sweet Sug for my shelf.

I'm really excited for the new green H60 Sug and Ulligus. Here's my question for those of you who've been around longer than I.
I know that both will be available on UNKL's website at the same time they are available at the SDCC, do they normally sell out quickly? I'm not sure if I'm competing against a line of 400 people at the show or what. I see that Tenacious Toys has the option of preordering through their site, but they want payment now... and I really would prefer to send the money and business directly to UNKL. But if ordering from tenacious means that they pull one out of the sale pot for me... maybe it's worth it?

any one have any experience?
Leah perhaps? You probably know how the whole deal goes down better than anyone...
I just don't want to miss out on these awesome guys.

thanks all.
sorry for the ramble

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:09 am 

Hey, you know the brown and the purple SUG are still available on Unkl's website, right?

I'm not sure about the Con. Wish I was going, there's going to be so much stuff I'll miss out on : (

I am ManoNegro on 3A BST board

Great Sellers: 666Doll, mr.sqwert, EmptyLogik
Great Buyers: snappythingy, core4pro, EmptyLogik, buschrj, dragondavy1, xerocs
Great Traders: resuri, Bo0oYaH, ohiheartyoux, Gazpacho, Toymastah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:27 am 

Yeah. I love the brown color.... but I really prefer the Sug when he has some sort of graphic on his chest. That's why I'm holding out for the H60 green.
Thanks for the heads up.

Mogwai is one of my favorite bands btw.

mogwai23 wrote:
Hey, you know the brown and the purple SUG are still available on Unkl's website, right?

I'm not sure about the Con. Wish I was going, there's going to be so much stuff I'll miss out on : (

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:34 am 

Mastodon wrote:
Yeah. I love the brown color.... but I really prefer the Sug when he has some sort of graphic on his chest. That's why I'm holding out for the H60 green.
Thanks for the heads up.

mogwai23 wrote:

The defcon SUGs have a graphic on it's chest. Here's a close up:

But, it might be nice to have a matching color set SUG & Uligus. Not trying to sway you to the Defcon, just wanted to let you know it does have a graphic.

Yeah, Mogwai ROCKS! They're on tour now, if you've never seen them live, you should really try to catch them. One of the best live bands I've ever seen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:53 am 

I guess I was confusing them in my head with some of the older ones...
damn. now I might have to think about going for both.
I think I want Ulligus too much to go for the brown right now. There's just too many I want.

mogwai23 wrote:
Mastodon wrote:
Thanks for the heads up.

mogwai23 wrote:

The defcon SUGs have a graphic on it's chest. Here's a close up:

But, it might be nice to have a matching color set SUG & Uligus. Not trying to sway you to the Defcon, just wanted to let you know it does have a graphic.

Yeah, Mogwai ROCKS! They're on tour now, if you've never seen them live, you should really try to catch them. One of the best live bands I've ever seen!

Post subject: Re: New Sug and Ulligus
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:24 am 

Mastodon wrote:
I've been trying to pick up older Sugs on ebay for a little while and keep getting outbid at the last second..... so I've got no sweet Sug for my shelf.

I'm really excited for the new green H60 Sug and Ulligus. Here's my question for those of you who've been around longer than I.
I know that both will be available on UNKL's website at the same time they are available at the SDCC, do they normally sell out quickly? I'm not sure if I'm competing against a line of 400 people at the show or what. I see that Tenacious Toys has the option of preordering through their site, but they want payment now... and I really would prefer to send the money and business directly to UNKL. But if ordering from tenacious means that they pull one out of the sale pot for me... maybe it's worth it?

Leah perhaps? You probably know how the whole deal goes down better than anyone...

thanks all.

As I understand it, Tenacious Toys is an official UNKL product distributor. Being able to pre-order the orange set from last year's SDCC really helped me out. Here are the pros and cons for me:

PROS:
Pre-ordering guarantees I get the figures. No missing out at the con in case they sell out.

CONS:
I have to pay for shipping. T___T

That's about it. Because SDCC is like a zoo and so many people there with cash on their hands I don't want to be locked out if I don't get there early enough. If a product that would be featured as an SDCC exclusive is available at a reputable store for pre-order I would always jump at the chance to secure it. Less hassle while at the con really. I am paying a little extra with the shipping for the convenience of having one of my most wanted on my list secured.

It's up to you if you want to wait for the con or pre-order. What I just detailed out are my personal preferences.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:52 am 

Mastodon wrote:

thanks all.
sorry for the ramble

Hey! I'm so sorry I looked over this - it's been so busy around here with me trying to leave UNKL ( :sad: :sad: ) on Friday.

OK - YES! I think that these SUG/Ulligus are going to be very popular for a couple of reasons.

1. This is the first set of Ulligus since we released them last year at SDCC. Lots and lots of people found out about Ulligus after they were long gone, so there are a lotta folks looking to get these at SDCC this year.

2. First exclusively UNKL SUGs released since SDCC 07. We did the Defcon ones in between, but these are 100% UNKL.

3. We sold out on ALL of the SUGs last year - even ones that weren't exclusives. They are just really popular and seem to have a wide appeal more than the rest of our characters. I'd get in line ASAP for this one.

Alright - good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:19 am 

unkl-leah wrote:
Mastodon wrote:

thanks all.
sorry for the ramble

Hey! I'm so sorry I looked over this - it's been so busy around here with me trying to leave UNKL ( :sad: :sad: ) on Friday.

OK - YES! I think that these SUG/Ulligus are going to be very popular for a couple of reasons.

1. This is the first set of Ulligus since we released them last year at SDCC. Lots and lots of people found out about Ulligus after they were long gone, so there are a lotta folks looking to get these at SDCC this year.

2. First exclusively UNKL SUGs released since SDCC 07. We did the Defcon ones in between, but these are 100% UNKL.

3. We sold out on ALL of the SUGs last year - even ones that weren't exclusives. They are just really popular and seem to have a wide appeal more than the rest of our characters. I'd get in line ASAP for this one.

Alright - good luck!

Thanks for the advice everyone... but I guess I made it sound like I will be at SDCC. I can't go. I'm looking to buy the new guys online the day they go on sale. I was just trying to figure out if I would even be able to snag one from UNKL's website, or if they'd all be claimed at the con. That's why I asked about Tenacious.

I really want to buy it from UNKL, but if there's going to be a very small amount available on their site that day (10-15? 50? total guess) maybe I should pre-order.

Leah - has UNKL ever allowed anyone to place their order ahead of time through the website?

thanks guys... sorry i'm being so anal about this, I just don't want to miss out

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:54 am 

Mastodon wrote:
thanks guys... sorry i'm being so anal about this, I just don't want to miss out

Don't sweat it. I understand how you feel. Missing out on something because you were ill informed is the suck. Good luck man.

FRENCH KISS SERIE (complete) Collection

Good Dealings
ROCSone, iliksprite, Tungtle, ckwok528, david boring, objektivone, bo0sterxme, eskimo, jmf337, ghettoenhanced

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:55 am 

GOT EM!

The blue and green versions of SUG and Ulligus are both available right now on UNKL's website.....

better hurry on that blue... there aren't many

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:38 am 

I just received my Blue Ulligus direct from UNKL.

I was so psyched until I opened the box. The Ulligus box was wide open and his tail was broken off and rolling around at the bottom of the shipping box (the shipping box was sealed). #-o

I've contacted UNKL to see if there's anything they can do, but seeing as how the Blue is sold out already, it probably means me super gluing his tail back on.

Luckily I'm not one to keep stuff sealed in their box to preserve their value, but I really hate to own a broken piece. It seems like this could have been avoided if more care had been taken in shipping.

Just wondering, has anyone else had this problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:00 am 

mogwai23 wrote:
I just received my Blue Ulligus direct from UNKL.

I was so psyched until I opened the box. The Ulligus box was wide open and his tail was broken off and rolling around at the bottom of the shipping box (the shipping box was sealed). #-o

I've contacted UNKL to see if there's anything they can do, but seeing as how the Blue is sold out already, it probably means me super gluing his tail back on.

Luckily I'm not one to keep stuff sealed in their box to preserve their value, but I really hate to own a broken piece. It seems like this could have been avoided if more care had been taken in shipping.

Just wondering, has anyone else had this problem?

I'm still waiting for my green set to show up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:46 am 

Mastodon wrote:

The green set looks cool. I was thinking about grabbing the set, but I've got the Defcon Brown SUG and I really just wanted a Ulligus to go with him. I'm running out of shelf space :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:08 am 

mogwai23 wrote:
Mastodon wrote:

The green set looks cool. I was thinking about grabbing the set, but I've got the Defcon Brown SUG and I really just wanted a Ulligus to go with him. I'm running out of shelf space :)

THEY'RE HEEEEEEEERRRRRRE.

I got a big box yesterday with 3 members of the green team. SUG, Ulligus, and Mak.Po.

Things I didn't know:
SUG's big hand is squishy.
How light SUG would be.
How huge SUG would be. (That is one big ol butt)
That there were actual tiny vials in SUGs bag.
AND that those tiny rump vials would have sweet stuff printed on them.
That Mak.Po comes with an extra arm.
That Mak.Po isn't just a solid chunk. The cords and soft joints are actually soft.
How freaking cool they would all look on my shelf.

Considering the size.... I'm not sure how I can have more than 2 of the big SUG. I have one more on the way from a boardie. Maybe I'll take some pictures once he gets here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:56 am 

Congrats Mastodon.

I have a couple of SUGs and they do command attention. I didn't expect the squishy hand and other features but this all adds to the appeal.

I haven't seen the MakPo in person but it sounds just as good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:54 am 

As my only toy purchase from SDCC08, I treated myself to a Blue H60 SUG & Ulligus. (I was there to try and make money, not spend it too much) Jason and the rest of the UNKL crew were super-nice and even gave me a pretty good discount as I came over the toy region late on Sunday.

I'm starting to tire of endless minis and really am impressed with how unique and detailed these huge pieces are. So yeah, new SUG fan.

SLÜG!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:26 am 

yates wrote:
As my only toy purchase from SDCC08, I treated myself to a Blue H60 SUG & Ulligus. (I was there to try and make money, not spend it too much) Jason and the rest of the UNKL crew were super-nice and even gave me a pretty good discount as I came over the toy region late on Sunday.

I'm starting to tire of endless minis and really am impressed with how unique and detailed these huge pieces are. So yeah, new SUG fan.

Great choice for a SDCC purchase. It was nice having the chance to briefly meet you during one of our stops at Dumbrella.

Columbus, OH 43201
614-294-8697

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:32 am 

Ah yes, I remember you! Thanks for stopping by and lemme know if you ever want some puzzles or toys for Rivet...

SLÜG!