biggest sdcc regret(s)

July 23-27th, 2008 at the San Diego Convention Center. Post all exclusive releases, signing info, and more!

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

rain
Posts: 8663
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:12 pm

biggest sdcc regret(s)

Post by rain » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:35 pm

not picking up the neth set ](*,)
not talking to kozik
forgetting my sketchbook + tshirt on preview night and running into MAD!


Image

User avatar
MANIMAL
Posts: 7077
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:16 am
Location: USA

Post by MANIMAL » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:37 pm

not goin
I mean, I guess i could come to your house, blow you, and then cut the lawn. Would that make me 'cool'? - F.KOZIK

User avatar
eckotyper
Posts: 11248
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:25 am
Location: NickelNickelNine

Re: biggest sdcc regret(s)

Post by eckotyper » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:40 pm

rain wrote:not picking up the neth set ](*,)
not talking to kozik
forgetting my sketchbook + tshirt on preview night and running into MAD!


forgetting my sketchbook and dunnies when jled was signing at toy2r...

to much drinking on occasion...

buying little blind boxes to much ( could of gotten at least 1-2 bigger figures if i didnt do this :/ )

User avatar
rhinomilk II
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:31 pm
Location: Bay Area

Post by rhinomilk II » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:40 pm

not trying to marry jessica alba borat stylee
(didn't even get to go to that panel)

jw1976
Posts: 698
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:08 pm
Location: Queens, NY

Post by jw1976 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:41 pm

not taking jetblue to SD

because american airlines suck crap with that 5 hour delay and then calling you when you are already at the airport to tell you that your flight is delayed... so i spent a total of almost 8 hours at the airport. at least i was chilling with some great peeps.

missed out on the majority of preview night because of the stupid delay.
Last edited by jw1976 on Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nightwing002
Posts: 1359
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Post by nightwing002 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:43 pm

thinking that the TT booth had their ish together... :axe:
My Heat

Good Transactions w/: TheDrizzle, poppacap, airmarket, sindekat, Tangy, shabadoo, bombshit19, 666doll, Jesa, wizeguy, ionz149, SEAKAT1, dusted, Zma, wacko, Rubberducky, flabby, Lil J NYC, dear earthling, TradeMark310, LiquidSpace, Aussietoyrama, D-LuX, djfohm, magic_wanna, motorbot, catch232, squidboy, MAD, wtfunks, kyosuke, Bucky Lastard, quis23, hgreene, dunnyhunny, Run-A-Mucker, Femme_Fortress1, tactics, LeonSpinks, munchkins021

rain
Posts: 8663
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:12 pm

Post by rain » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:43 pm

nightwing002 wrote:thinking that the TT booth had their ish together... :axe:


we should've kicked the display case when we walked by!
Image

User avatar
dunnydave
Posts: 952
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:21 pm
Contact:

nightmare

Post by dunnydave » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:44 pm

Waisting countless hours for what turned out to be a chaotic 3 day raffle for that mono possessed! It was hell and I still came back home without one. #-o

I do think that Munky King handled it the best they could. I am just not sure that they were fully ready for the onslaught that was brought upon them for this release.

[ Added: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:45 pm ]
nightwing002 wrote:thinking that the TT booth had their ish together... :axe:


Yeah, that too. LOL!
Last edited by dunnydave on Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great dealings with: delay, vic, oversprayed, sindekat, irsk, lowenbrow, desecration, skullart, scud80, joeydzzle, selph_one, TheFuzzyBear, ThinkBlueCount2, superduper, nmr509, thegiuce, joemm, obie, mr_balut, BONER, katastrophe, davesgratch, untilshewokeme, $and, william, flabby, jonnyc, yolao, MAD, fast1590, Mr*Smith, drunkmunky02, spankystokes, qwest1mark, rustedhalo, djfohm, FericFanatic, DunkMax, maki maki, Ghostbuster, deadlemming, mrburgess, and more...

rain
Posts: 8663
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:12 pm

Post by rain » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:47 pm

2 sandwiches, 1 drink and 1 cookie at quizno's came up to $18 :EEK
never eat at quizno's - i didn't like it much either
Image

GooseWonder
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 12:49 am

Post by GooseWonder » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:51 pm

not asking for an Ephunt =(
Good B/S/T : Lil J NYC, SLACK, flapjack(2), PurpleWalrus, lilmyk, AKBAPE, Phuek!, Retro603, FericFanatic, DreVanFuzen, Ingrownmayo
________________________________

medallion wrote:if you're not ready to play with the big boys then I suggest you find a new playground. Collecting vinyl is all about street justice! :)

User avatar
eckotyper
Posts: 11248
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:25 am
Location: NickelNickelNine

Post by eckotyper » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:51 pm

rain wrote:
nightwing002 wrote:thinking that the TT booth had their ish together... :axe:


we should've kicked the display case when we walked by!


should of??


not bringing tylenol/excedrin etc...

waiting to long each day to eat

i about passed out one day, and i couldnt even eat the salad i bought :/

[ Added: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:52 pm ]
rain wrote:2 sandwiches, 1 drink and 1 cookie at quizno's came up to $18 :EEK
never eat at quizno's - i didn't like it much either


yeah im not to fond of quiznos at all... i like subway, and togos but i dont like quiznos

User avatar
baronacasino
Posts: 1959
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:59 pm

Post by baronacasino » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:53 pm

not really talking to the board members.
not buying more display cases.
not buying the minigods figure.
only getting a few sketches..i wanted more

User avatar
Graf-Toyz
Posts: 1308
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:08 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Post by Graf-Toyz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:53 pm

Not bringing 2K more in cash.

Not bringing my earbuds for my iPod.

Missing Amy Sol cause I had to bouce Sat :(
Good Trades:GREG_DEEZEY/Lucid/donkeykonk/saucemoola/roguerbel/bloc115/Zero Mistro/apeboy/tatooedjester/caswunn/1V1ARTIN insideofrainbows/blackey1/JiggyR/DrftDrgn21/frenchbearbrick/Russcel/linh/kol/mz/unkle77/MeatB^G/jermaine/pnb/Lword/eoin3/agg KongBot/Tangy/KriMz/Shadowchaser/Metrofrog/cmoney/justsusy/BFLV/shura/flapjack/rice0roni/kemap/ekotyper/contra808/ritedere/kp/sym408 rinomilkII/Slack/juuan/666doll/Meary/lgbdog1/vanillarice/LUCKY13/ScaryAndy/mrmonkey/madeinhk/Siphilon/poppacap/vardcore/soundklash creaturion/scud80/snelj8/joemm/joem/TheCount/brooks55/haseown/scottygee/mankac/elscorcho/pop77/ChefJ
FOR SALE: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=191560

Collect: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=79051

User avatar
nightwing002
Posts: 1359
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: nightmare

Post by nightwing002 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:54 pm

dunnydave wrote:Waisting countless hours for what turned out to be a chaotic 3 day raffle for that mono possessed! It was hell and I still came back home without one. #-o

I do think that Munky King handled it the best they could. I am just not sure that they were fully ready for the onslaught that was brought upon them for this release.

[ Added: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:45 pm ]
nightwing002 wrote:thinking that the TT booth had their ish together... :axe:


Yeah, that too. LOL!


knowing me i might have kicked one of the staff members in the head instead... then you could've kicked the display... it would have been like the wrestling figs in the next booth over... lol
My Heat

Good Transactions w/: TheDrizzle, poppacap, airmarket, sindekat, Tangy, shabadoo, bombshit19, 666doll, Jesa, wizeguy, ionz149, SEAKAT1, dusted, Zma, wacko, Rubberducky, flabby, Lil J NYC, dear earthling, TradeMark310, LiquidSpace, Aussietoyrama, D-LuX, djfohm, magic_wanna, motorbot, catch232, squidboy, MAD, wtfunks, kyosuke, Bucky Lastard, quis23, hgreene, dunnyhunny, Run-A-Mucker, Femme_Fortress1, tactics, LeonSpinks, munchkins021

User avatar
rhinomilk II
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:31 pm
Location: Bay Area

Post by rhinomilk II » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:59 pm

what was wrong w/ the TT staff? i thought they were cool... they just didn't know the price of anything

User avatar
duracelldunny
Posts: 1997
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:38 pm
Location: NorCal

Post by duracelldunny » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:00 pm

hmmm... lots of regrets
*having more money
*getting that mono possessed
*getting the smokey monger
*not going to the gd dinner
*not going to the love hate show
*not going to vtn
*not buying the black neth creature in time, got the gold and green one
*not meeting some artists that i really wanted to
*getting more sleep
*realizing that i missed out on a lot of toy releases
*wishing i was an exhibitor on the first day of the possessed release

a few others but this is what comes to mind
Image

Great Deals With:
scionmag, warriorwoman, MAD, scud80, TradeMark310, Zeeshan, fussfuss, abelincolnjr (x2), themegacephalic, hgreene, Rebound, uberboy, Retro608, vinylwhanker, Hoagie, MOKEWON

User avatar
DreVanFuzen
Posts: 2209
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:34 am
Location: Southern California

Post by DreVanFuzen » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:15 pm

Madeline's Regrets

Not getting the Defcon and Blank SUG.

I wish I had more money.

I really wish I had more time to enjoy the convention. Nate and I had a convo regarding this and next year we are probably muling for the same two people only. No more no less.

Not taking enough pictures. I love taking pics and I didn't have time.

Not being able to get more sketches. I mean this is as close to an OG as I am going to get.

User avatar
nightwing002
Posts: 1359
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Post by nightwing002 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:17 pm

rhinomilk II wrote:what was wrong w/ the TT staff? i thought they were cool... they just didn't know the price of anything


just the fact that they mislead a lot of people with their exclusives... saying it was gonna be raffles all weekend, then doing first come, first serve... saying you items are sold out for the weekend, then selling the items the next day... this booth just rubbed me the wrong way... misleading and frustrating... and i know i'm not the only person that experienced it...
My Heat

Good Transactions w/: TheDrizzle, poppacap, airmarket, sindekat, Tangy, shabadoo, bombshit19, 666doll, Jesa, wizeguy, ionz149, SEAKAT1, dusted, Zma, wacko, Rubberducky, flabby, Lil J NYC, dear earthling, TradeMark310, LiquidSpace, Aussietoyrama, D-LuX, djfohm, magic_wanna, motorbot, catch232, squidboy, MAD, wtfunks, kyosuke, Bucky Lastard, quis23, hgreene, dunnyhunny, Run-A-Mucker, Femme_Fortress1, tactics, LeonSpinks, munchkins021

User avatar
uberboy
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:00 pm

Post by uberboy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:22 pm

no handpainted Dokuwashi. didn't know there was going to be one offered.

rain
Posts: 8663
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:12 pm

Post by rain » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:23 pm

uberboy wrote:no handpainted Dokuwashi. didn't know there was going to be one offered.


i'm kinda bummed i didn't pick up a doku for myself :lol:
the whole con is overwhelming - i emailed super 7 asking if they had some pink ones left LOL
Image

User avatar
DreVanFuzen
Posts: 2209
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:34 am
Location: Southern California

Post by DreVanFuzen » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:26 pm

nightwing002 wrote:
rhinomilk II wrote:what was wrong w/ the TT staff? i thought they were cool... they just didn't know the price of anything


just the fact that they mislead a lot of people with their exclusives... saying it was gonna be raffles all weekend, then doing first come, first serve... saying you items are sold out for the weekend, then selling the items the next day... this booth just rubbed me the wrong way... misleading and frustrating... and i know i'm not the only person that experienced it...


No you are not. Nate was very upset as 3 of the items we wanted to get for someone was sold out. We find out the next day people were able to purchase them. :doubt:

I don't think they intentionally misled people, they just didn't know what the f*ck they were doing. This could have been easily resolved if they had a morning meeting prior to the doors being opened.

User avatar
rhinomilk II
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:31 pm
Location: Bay Area

Post by rhinomilk II » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:31 pm

yeah, i'm thinking they probably decided to ditch the whole raffle idea when they realized it took an hour to raffle a few toys while clogging the isles. well, that sucks to those who missed out.
Last edited by rhinomilk II on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nightwing002
Posts: 1359
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Post by nightwing002 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:33 pm

DreVanFuzen wrote:
nightwing002 wrote:
rhinomilk II wrote:what was wrong w/ the TT staff? i thought they were cool... they just didn't know the price of anything


just the fact that they mislead a lot of people with their exclusives... saying it was gonna be raffles all weekend, then doing first come, first serve... saying you items are sold out for the weekend, then selling the items the next day... this booth just rubbed me the wrong way... misleading and frustrating... and i know i'm not the only person that experienced it...


No you are not. Nate was very upset as 3 of the items we wanted to get for someone was sold out. We find out the next day people were able to purchase them. :doubt:

I don't think they intentionally misled people, they just didn't know what the f*ck they were doing. This could have been easily resolved if they had a morning meeting prior to the doors being opened.


that could be it... but i don't know... there was one TT staff person (i won't say her name) in particular who knew what was going on... besides the owner, lev... all the other staff members turned to her for answers and she was the one person that kept giving me the run around...

so in my mind... and remember people this is only my opinion... the SDCC TT booth staff was unprepared, incompetent, misleading, and just straight up liars...
My Heat

Good Transactions w/: TheDrizzle, poppacap, airmarket, sindekat, Tangy, shabadoo, bombshit19, 666doll, Jesa, wizeguy, ionz149, SEAKAT1, dusted, Zma, wacko, Rubberducky, flabby, Lil J NYC, dear earthling, TradeMark310, LiquidSpace, Aussietoyrama, D-LuX, djfohm, magic_wanna, motorbot, catch232, squidboy, MAD, wtfunks, kyosuke, Bucky Lastard, quis23, hgreene, dunnyhunny, Run-A-Mucker, Femme_Fortress1, tactics, LeonSpinks, munchkins021

rain
Posts: 8663
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:12 pm

Post by rain » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:33 pm

yes...i think her name was jackie.
why was she the only one that had any info?
Image

User avatar
Winu
Posts: 1398
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:52 pm
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Post by Winu » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:34 pm

Not buying anything at the Gargamel booth. :(
M500 wrote:
Winu wrote:
agitprop wrote:Chicks dig toy collectors.
Thats not what I was told. :(


sorry, somebody lied to you...

Locked