Amanda Visell Eat Ephunt. Which one did you get?

July 23-27th, 2008 at the San Diego Convention Center. Post all exclusive releases, signing info, and more!

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

GooseWonder

Post by GooseWonder » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:25 am

buddhaheadz wrote:
maz78 wrote:im really loving her work, :heart: wish i could have afforded her wood originals, but ill be picking up her vinyl ephunt for sure!
anyone get her figure from the vivisect set??? if its even released yet?

the vivisect set hasn't been released yet. strangeco had them displayed at the con, and the amanda piece looked amazing. the best one of the set in my opinion.

so +1 about Amanda's Vivisect piece. That and the Carniverous Giraffe are incredible...I love her sharp corners and playful characters.

I'm definately a Visell-ite now! lol

Good B/S/T : Lil J NYC, SLACK, flapjack(2), PurpleWalrus, lilmyk, AKBAPE, Phuek!, Retro603, FericFanatic, DreVanFuzen, Ingrownmayo

medallion wrote:if you're not ready to play with the big boys then I suggest you find a new playground. Collecting vinyl is all about street justice! :)

yates

Post by yates » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:18 pm

Wow, I'm super-impressed with these wooden lovelies. I had never ever heard of Visell before all the SDCC threads came along.

Technical question - does anyone have any idea what particular wood she's using and how smooth the finish is?

thanks
Chris Yates Studios - puzzles, toys, comics, sculpture, etc.

SLÜG!

buddhaheadz

Post by buddhaheadz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:17 am

any other board members get one? if so, please post pics.
WTB
Mr. Bunny
Firecat
AD-AT

tunneler66

Post by tunneler66 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:07 pm

yates wrote:Wow, I'm super-impressed with these wooden lovelies. I had never ever heard of Visell before all the SDCC threads came along.

Technical question - does anyone have any idea what particular wood she's using and how smooth the finish is?

thanks

If I am mistaken I think they are vinyl and are painted to resemble wood. That might be the upcoming red drunk mcskunky version but I know one of them is vinyl painted to resemble wood.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY SELL THREAD:
viewtopic.php?t=132509

----------------------------------------------------------
WANTS:
[size=50]----------------------------------------------------------

FOR TRADE/SALE:
ThreeA 1/6 Andy Square with Print - $60shipped
Two 8" & 3" Deph Big Mouth Dunnys
Yoskay Yamamoto Prints (almost all)
----------------------------------------------------------

Good Transactions with 50+ members in good standing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

svenman

Post by svenman » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:46 pm

these are actual wood.... i have the dragon scout and can tell you fer sure its wood.

digitalmunky

Post by digitalmunky » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:01 pm

Let me just say how incredibly jealous I am of those that got their mitts on one of these bad boys/girls (whatever, haha)...

And to answer the question about wood or vinyl... The red prototype is scheduled to be turned into a mass (if that's even accurate) production vinyl piece. As far as the previous Ephunt and Dragon, they're most definitely wood.

And, someone asked if the pieces were in the Ephunt... No... However, I think we should all make suggestions to Amanda to router out the bellies of her future projects so that the little extras she includes could be placed into the bellies. :-k
***Signature goes here***

rhinomilk II

Post by rhinomilk II » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:44 pm

how much were these?

Post by 209 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:15 pm

The Ephunts were $300 and the Dragon Scouts were $200
Great transactions with: Vic, Ouister, Sgsterne, low_pro, brooks55, Nikejerk, GFD18, nmr509, rizadette, djmerge1, luckyscrm, eckotyper, nnumber6, watty, adik.na.chinoy