forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: The 5 freeway madness
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:55 am 

So i leave at 6 am to go to the con..... which should of only been a 1 1/2 drive and some stupid oil tanker crashed off the 5 and started a huge fire.... the freeway was closed in both directions..... i had to turn around and take a detour that took forever to say the least!!! i end up getting there 2 hrs after the con started!! so much for getting there early... sh*t.

Did anyone else get stuck in that ???

Good sellers- Autodactyl , djfohm , xfalcon, crspy420, magicmanjk808, qwest1mark, sinkFLsink, MaurinQuina22, originalkaws, aka-man, TungTLe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:04 am 

haha i heard about the explosion.

Post subject: !!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:21 am 

saiko wrote:
haha i heard about the explosion.

Man out of all days for it to happen too

[ Added: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:23 am ]
even some of the artists got stuck in it too.... if didnt know i was gonna have so much stuff to lug i would of taken the train down!!

Good sellers- Autodactyl , djfohm , xfalcon, crspy420, magicmanjk808, qwest1mark, sinkFLsink, MaurinQuina22, originalkaws, aka-man, TungTLe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:57 pm 

All this bad luck....THursday's traffic big'rig turnover took me 5 hours I left Orange county @ 10:30am got here by 4:15pm.
ImageImage

ghettoenhanced, Peter- Awesome(CA), cprobot(CA), tactics(HI)x2, Trip(IL), lessthanmike(OH), Just-DAn X2(UK),Chris ARe(NYC), THECANABISKILLA, droid241(CT), djfohm,rizadette(WA), benvt (VT), SnorseWhisperer (WA), Assburrito!, Steph, j3tang, mynameisking,

Post subject: Jeez
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:30 pm 

I didnt get pics ..... damn.... was everything gone that you wanted???

Looks like you were in a spot where you could turn around tho.... i was near camp penelton marine base where there is no where to turn around. I drove up the emergency lane for miles... untill some rump holes tried blocking me!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:36 pm 

I was thinking to turn back, by the time I started raging !! I reached pass the checkpoint by the power plant there was no turning till Oceanside. MIght as well go all the way !!!! I only got a THursday batch to attend/pickup. This traffic started way pass RAncho Santa MArgarita/SAn CLemente till Los? LAs? PULgas exit.

I saw couple of cars zoom-by the emergency road. Yet a patrol car finally caught one or two after the border checkpoint by CAmp Pendelton.

ghettoenhanced, Peter- Awesome(CA), cprobot(CA), tactics(HI)x2, Trip(IL), lessthanmike(OH), Just-DAn X2(UK),Chris ARe(NYC), THECANABISKILLA, droid241(CT), djfohm,rizadette(WA), benvt (VT), SnorseWhisperer (WA), Assburrito!, Steph, j3tang, mynameisking,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:11 pm 

ouch. So sorry to hear about taht bro. That made a whole bunch of artists late to the con. Hope everything worked out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:34 pm 

ALL ended up well, I got all I went there for =D>
I end up taking lots of photos to relieve my frustrations. :rolleyes:

Post subject: hahah
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:59 pm 

Rejectx wrote:
I was thinking to turn back, by the time I started raging !! I reached pass the checkpoint by the power plant there was no turning till Oceanside. MIght as well go all the way !!!! I only got a THursday batch to attend/pickup. This traffic started way pass RAncho Santa MArgarita/SAn CLemente till Los? LAs? PULgas exit.

I saw couple of cars zoom-by the emergency road. Yet a patrol car finally caught one or two after the border checkpoint by CAmp Pendelton.

i was one of them but i didnt get caught.... i would of just told him my girl had to pee or something lol i took ortega highway to the 15 took forever!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:13 pm 

Traffic report did say take I-15 but..I'd rather go back home :-s

Post subject: hmmmm
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:08 pm 

Rejectx wrote:
Traffic report did say take I-15 but..I'd rather go back home :-s

Really ?? Ortega highway to the 15 was not that bad..... It was only about 20 to 30 miles out of the way.... Then again if i didnt have gps there is no way i would of got there at the time that i did i would of taken me way longer.... Also los Pulgas is where i turned around... I saw traffic stopped way past that exit.....Grrrrr. I should of got there at 8 am but after all that mess i didnt get there till after 10 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:07 am 

I was thanking god I was already in San Diego when I head the 5 was stopped for almost 10 HOURS! Insanity.

Great transactions w/: Zma, themonsterkrebs, Mendez, saiko, wastemoremoney, MrMongoose, Jackcuzzy, sillynickers, bk_bk, nerbous, !DMS!, Steve8091, flabby, fairladyz, in.cog.nito, the-flip, .... Many, many more....

Looking For:
MEDIC 1G ARMSTRONG! Please hook a brother up. Need any wwrp? I'm sure we could work out a trade...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:23 am 

I was stuck in the middle of that traffic mess. I got there about 30ish minutes after the accident/clean up happened. The cars around me where all trying to get to the Con (parking decals in their cars were obvious), and we were all frustrated to be stuck there. I stuck out the jam (loosing my morning advantage to get there early), but I weaved a bit to get to the faster moving lanes. I lost about an hour, but after clearing the accident, I sped like a demon to get to the Con. There were masses of people there by the time I arrived, but I lucked out in parking when I arrived so it all worked out! Next year, though - I go to San Diego the nite before or leave earlier than I left this year! I left at 4:45 am from Downtown L.A.!

Post subject: Yep
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:16 am 

Mizzemvy wrote:
I was stuck in the middle of that traffic mess. I got there about 30ish minutes after the accident/clean up happened. The cars around me where all trying to get to the Con (parking decals in their cars were obvious), and we were all frustrated to be stuck there. I stuck out the jam (loosing my morning advantage to get there early), but I weaved a bit to get to the faster moving lanes. I lost about an hour, but after clearing the accident, I sped like a demon to get to the Con. There were masses of people there by the time I arrived, but I lucked out in parking when I arrived so it all worked out! Next year, though - I go to San Diego the nite before or leave earlier than I left this year! I left at 4:45 am from Downtown L.A.!

Damn so much for leaving early huh.... i left at 6am from Orange county.... it happen in the worst spot ever too

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]