forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:34 pm 

Anyone know when passes for 2009 go on sale for those of us not at the con this year? I've never been to one, and really want to go...........

Good transactions with: dunnydroppings, H2OBear, Nudelz, rhinomilk, Alice, Joshua, Lil J NYC, Ink Geek, Irsk, Motorbot, theoddonion, lummage, Mrs. Monsta, Cavemanmac, Dunny Puzzo, Anna, drilone, stacks of wax, Sindekat, VelvetRose, mcnail, rummblestrips, los507, loudwizard, Bubblegumking, jebcrow, wtfunks, LondonToLA, ritedere, Tizight, Graf-Toyz, lucidruthie, Zeeshan, Chefjt, Oversprayed, DirEnGrey, s(p)am, acityinside, coasterbear, Raggedyrainbow,drilone, orlowone, tommynathan, SecurityGeek, djfohm, Soedmond, DMS, heebysdaman

Anna's self proclaimed #1 Fan!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:36 pm 

Shadowchaser wrote:
Anyone know when passes for 2009 go on sale for those of us not at the con this year? I've never been to one, and really want to go...........

I heard yesterday from someone on the bus that they were already on sale for $65 for the entire con. I have not confirmed it yet. Last year it was $50. I usually get mine on Sunday.

Last edited by WandererLA on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:39 pm 

I'm already planning on '09, I never get to go anywhere I want, and my husband knows it. He drags me to see his sister every year, I'm dragging him to stand in line next year.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:40 pm 

WandererLA wrote:
Shadowchaser wrote:

I head yesterday from someone on the bus that they were already on sale for $65 for the entire con. I have not confirmed it yet. Last year it was $50. I usually get mine on Sunday.

Anyone know when/where/how for those of us not at the con this year?

Good transactions with: dunnydroppings, H2OBear, Nudelz, rhinomilk, Alice, Joshua, Lil J NYC, Ink Geek, Irsk, Motorbot, theoddonion, lummage, Mrs. Monsta, Cavemanmac, Dunny Puzzo, Anna, drilone, stacks of wax, Sindekat, VelvetRose, mcnail, rummblestrips, los507, loudwizard, Bubblegumking, jebcrow, wtfunks, LondonToLA, ritedere, Tizight, Graf-Toyz, lucidruthie, Zeeshan, Chefjt, Oversprayed, DirEnGrey, s(p)am, acityinside, coasterbear, Raggedyrainbow,drilone, orlowone, tommynathan, SecurityGeek, djfohm, Soedmond, DMS, heebysdaman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:43 pm 

Premature...I don't think so. I'm definitely going next year!!!

ISO of: #1-1St Painted RealxNibbler - SDCC 2011, 2-Onell Chaos Invasion, 3 - Spectre Mini Pheyaos
My Flickr
Transactions

Commissions list is open. If we've talked I have you on the list already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLyEGdaOhhY<---Time Lapse Video of the making of the Mega Munny Hammer Bros.
http://vimeo.com/21803727 <----New Video "How to Strip a Dunny"

N3rd Link Check out the new Blog and Podcast!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:55 am 

Shadowchaser wrote:
WandererLA wrote:
Shadowchaser wrote:

I head yesterday from someone on the bus that they were already on sale for $65 for the entire con. I have not confirmed it yet. Last year it was $50. I usually get mine on Sunday.

Anyone know when/where/how for those of us not at the con this year?

i don't know when.. but check there site in the next few days... maybe when everything dies down after this weekend..
http://www.comic-con.org/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:14 pm 

Anyone have any further info on when 2009 passes will be available for sale?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:28 pm 

The passes for 2009 were presale at the con only from what I know. The official sale won't happen until later on.

Your first goal should be looking for a place to stay before you get your passes, because THAT is the most difficult thing to do, if you are not already living in the area. You and 3040928043 people fight for the X amount of rooms available. I already have my 2009 hotel booked as of February.

The pass won't do you any good, if you don't have a place to live for a couple of days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:57 pm 

I was thinking I'd have at least a few months and still be able to find a room? Is that not the case?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:02 am 

Comic-con releases blocked-off hotel rooms a few months prior, through the website if I remember correctly. But they're hard to get and after those are gone it's pretty much impossible to find anything. I know I was looking in the spring when I thought I wanted to go and it was too late. Book as soon as you can. You should be able to hold the room with a credit card and have no penalty if you back out, at least most hotels should do that if you cancel more than 30 days before. I'm about to hold my room and there's no penalty up to 24 hrs before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:08 am 

Shadowchaser wrote:
I was thinking I'd have at least a few months and still be able to find a room? Is that not the case?

You have two options. Try to get a hotel within the next month, for the hotels that do take reservations now (within a 365 day calendar) at a somewhat higher rate right now as a backup, or wait until February, as gtcowgirl said, when the comic con reserved rooms open up at a lower rate, sometimes much lower. But then you are fighting with everyone who goes online and calls in to attempt to get a room. I"m not saying it's impossible to do so, but it's just a bit difficult.

And like she said, you just need to reserve the room with a credit card, so it won't cost you anything until you check in. and you can always cancel the room, if you find better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:18 pm 

gtcowgirl wrote:
I'm already planning on '09, I never get to go anywhere I want, and my husband knows it. He drags me to see his sister every year, I'm dragging him to stand in line next year.

+1

Stuff For Sale!

Great Transactions: Maki Maki, Metatron1050, mylifeinplastic, Suddsy B, cityztarz, ingrownmayo, tvsinny, haverford, DoomConQueso, envex, orlowone, saiko, tealady, ynottony, Jesus_Geek, bk_bk, mrktrbx, itsstreetcam, iliksprite, richL, The Octopus, wacko, BlackCloudHell, dingobean, ZERO27, newbie, B Mi1d

Not-so-Great Transactions:
mr.sqwert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:34 pm 

I got my Suite reserved already... Can't wait!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:15 am 

Listen to Jw, hes a the guru of comic con.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:27 am 

Bo0oYaH wrote:
Listen to Jw, hes a the guru of comic con.

har! har! lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:03 am 

No, it's not premature. My boyfriend and I are already planning out our costumes.

As far as I know, the pre-sale $65 were sold at the con. The event guide said that the 4 day passes will be available "in the fall."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:53 am 

I believe they said that the price for tickets is going up $10 after the con so whenever they do open it up online it'll be at least $75 and they didn't mention how they were doing the deadlines next year for pre-registration

On a side note anyone else think the price jumps are lame? In prior years it's only been a $5 increase from the year before when you bought it at the con then $5 every few months after a new deadline passed but this year it went up $15 at convention pre-registration. Think it'll hit $100 for a 4-day any time soon?

My bf uses my account also so PMs are either from me (Jenn aka tehlilone) or him :) If you haven't heard from me in a while just PM again I'm forgetful. Just a heads up.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]