forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:22 am 

This is my 5th year @ Con, and it has never been this nuts on preview night and Thursday! It's is borderline Impossiable to get a sketch this year, lines are insane!!

Tomorrow is the King Kun release!!! Only 25 of each color! Thank god for out exhibitor passes, we will be getting there at 8am just to stand in line for it!

Here is what we picked up last night/ today.

Angry Woebot Live Painting Poster!
This is my favorite piece! Well worth the wait!!
He only did like 40 of these and there where so many people in line!

ALSO GOT:
WOEBOTS / PEEKABOO COLLAB PRINT 8/40 - SO SICK WITH THE PURPLE BACKGROUND

GID 10' MAD - DOODLED BY MAD. PICS TO COME LATER!

TOKIDOKI MINI MUNNY - IT'S L.A. THEMED LIKE HIS NEW BEAR BRICK.

WATCHMAN SHIRT AND A PINEAPPLE EXPRESS POSTER.

Couldn't get that many sketches this year. It was just too packed! I had to stand in line for 3 hours for the tokidoki mini munny, and he was only doing 60 signings and i was number 56. But the Wifey loved it, so i guess it was worth it hahah, gotta keep her happy. Hopefully I wont have to see another damn Tokidoki thing for another year!!! ahahhahah

My final thoughts on this year are, this year was the craziest one i have ever attended! To many people this year IMHO. I luckily got everything on my list. But the main room was insane. I never thought I'd see grown rump men FIST FIGHT over My Little Pony's and G.I. Joe toys. I was in complete shock when this happened! A lot of people where there to buy and flip them, but what i don't get is, they all are flipping at the same time, so none of them are really making any profit. I guess i just don't see/understand the point of flipping.

It was cool meeting a bunch of you from the boards! Hope you all have a safe trip home! See you next year!!! hopefully lol

xblMANIMAL / FilmArchitect / rafissaying / skullart / kemap / LondonToLA / BONER / D-LuX / tommynathan / tehlilone / qtiekiki / eckotyper / htlkid25 / AOD 13 / Autodactyl / ontheDL / Zero Mistro / Saint721 / Mendez / WTFunks / yanksb11 / akn220 / hellscrape / Diakka00

Last edited by getupkid619 on Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:24 am 

some very nice sketches there!

Great deals with: aesthetics, amentia, aparatchik, bilbetsovic, bushri chelseacandy, contra808, copernicus, crippled pigeon, c483125117, daveblog, decep0ner, dizzy8080, djfohm, dr_obake, dunny_photo, eric the red, flapjack, globeboxxr, h20bear, hoya0023, icon84, irsk, johnnydunks!, j0su, katieinmaryland, leadie, lilbooddha, loudwizard, louleeboo, lucidruthie, lulu, magicmanjk808, markie_darkie16, mastahvic, memetic, miami, mindblowin02, mzkaydi, nmr509, nypedestrian, rustedhalo, sadistic spork, sgsterne, SM doom, TOYBOX, wky, wolfchild, zengoa, zmonkee78

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:27 am 

doughyboy wrote:
some very nice sketches there!

Thanks! I am bummed, I want more! hahahha

The lines this year are nuts!

xblMANIMAL / FilmArchitect / rafissaying / skullart / kemap / LondonToLA / BONER / D-LuX / tommynathan / tehlilone / qtiekiki / eckotyper / htlkid25 / AOD 13 / Autodactyl / ontheDL / Zero Mistro / Saint721 / Mendez / WTFunks / yanksb11 / akn220 / hellscrape / Diakka00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:40 am 

I've only been able to get one sketch so far - Elizabeth Ito. But maybe tomorrow I'll get more!

So I've always been confused on how Super 7 works. I saw people with these badges. Someone said that they were part of some online group and that is why they had it. I suppose I could ask them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:43 am 

"So what are you in line for?"
-"A toy."
"Like a Dildo?"
-"no..."

Actual conversation lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:04 am 

jceballo wrote:
-"A toy."
"Like a Dildo?"
-"no..."

Actual conversation lol

Lol'z wtf? Gotta love SDCC!

[ Added: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:06 am ]
WandererLA wrote:
I've only been able to get one sketch so far - Elizabeth Ito. But maybe tomorrow I'll get more!

So I've always been confused on how Super 7 works. I saw people with these badges. Someone said that they were part of some online group and that is why they had it. I suppose I could ask them.

I don't mess around with the Super 7 signings ahahaha to nuts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:24 am 

want to sell me one of those sleepy chilly icebats? 8-[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:27 am 

That is awesome for the first day! :prayer: Can't wait to see what you get after the weekend is over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:40 am 

Plasticman wrote:
That is awesome for the first day! :prayer: Can't wait to see what you get after the weekend is over.

hahahah

my buying stuff is prerty much done. I just need the Tokidoki Geisha Girl, Both King Kuns and the Woebots G1998 Print!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:43 am 

hey get up, gh swap 9/20, got confirmation from a biggie....

missed comic con this year, first time not going in the millenium....been dropping too much dough on banksys, new scooter, new j fish, uughhhh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:35 am 

Damn dude, I'm lovin all of those prints. Pretty sweet sketches too!

Post subject: yea
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:47 am 

getupkid619 wrote:
jceballo wrote:
-"A toy."
"Like a Dildo?"
-"no..."

Actual conversation lol

Lol'z wtf? Gotta love SDCC!

[ Added: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:06 am ]
WandererLA wrote:

I don't mess around with the Super 7 signings ahahaha to nuts!

Yea i saw that too .... the line was not that long it just wasnt moving at all..... pluss all the stuff i wanted from there was almost 4 hundo..... thanks but no thanks.

Good sellers- Autodactyl , djfohm , xfalcon, crspy420, magicmanjk808, qwest1mark, sinkFLsink, MaurinQuina22, originalkaws, aka-man, TungTLe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:24 pm 

jonvespa wrote:

missed comic con this year, first time not going in the millenium....been dropping too much dough on banksys, new scooter, new j fish, uughhhh

IM THERE! PM the biggie news!! hahah I want to know!!! Are you going to have any toy stores there this year?

It was weird not bumping into you today @ SDCC like we have the last 3 years ahha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:41 am 

Sweet Sketches. I landed 0 sketches from sdcc. There were all these rules to even jump in line to get sketches. Had to find someone on the 2nd floor and a certain time and stand in line to get a ticket to stand in another line >_<. You pretty much miss the whole show that way. Some artist wanted alot of money for a simple sketch. I did land many prints ^_^.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:24 am 

LadyJ wrote:
Sweet Sketches. I landed 0 sketches from sdcc. There were all these rules to even jump in line to get sketches. Had to find someone on the 2nd floor and a certain time and stand in line to get a ticket to stand in another line >_<. You pretty much miss the whole show that way. Some artist wanted alot of money for a simple sketch. I did land many prints ^_^.

All the vinyl toy designers/artist sign for free and if you ask them nicely they will do it anywhere on the floor.

http://www.drils.com
http://www.flickr.com/drilone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:58 am 

jonvespa wrote:

dude... you ALWAYS go....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:39 am 

robschwager wrote:
jonvespa wrote:

i know i know...but all i would have REALLY wanted is the soto OG painting....and just dont have the cash...ill go again next year...one year off in eight isnt so shabby.

did you make it out rob?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:46 am 

drilone wrote:
LadyJ wrote:

All the vinyl toy designers/artist sign for free and if you ask them nicely they will do it anywhere on the floor.

For real....almost every artist was cool as hell. I filled up probably a 3rd of my sketchbook.

Didn't see ya there dril. I saw your sick rump custom at the Toy Qube booth though. WOW bro. WOW!!!

instagram: @big_c_art

https://www.facebook.com/BigC.artwork

GOOD BST LIST

My KR user name use to be
de Large

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:43 pm 

jonvespa wrote:
robschwager wrote:
jonvespa wrote:

i know i know...but all i would have REALLY wanted is the soto OG painting....and just dont have the cash...ill go again next year...one year off in eight isnt so shabby.

did you make it out rob?

Thanks for letting me know the big secret!!

EVERYBODY IN SO CAL GO TO THE GLASSHOUSE SWAP MEET! Jon always knows how to throw a sweet swap meet! it's because of one of his swap meets 3 years ago I am hooked to this crazy vinyl toy/art scene. ahhah thanks man!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:09 am 

mann i wish i went to sdcc on an earlier day, i went on sunday but i still came out with a lot of good stuff

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]