forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:21 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:52 pm
Posts: 334
Location: San Diego, CA
This is my 5th year @ Con, and it has never been this nuts on preview night and Thursday! It's is borderline Impossiable to get a sketch this year, lines are insane!!

Tomorrow is the King Kun release!!! Only 25 of each color! Thank god for out exhibitor passes, we will be getting there at 8am just to stand in line for it!

Here is what we picked up last night/ today.

Angry Woebot Live Painting Poster!
This is my favorite piece! Well worth the wait!!
He only did like 40 of these and there where so many people in line!
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

ALSO GOT:
WOEBOTS / PEEKABOO COLLAB PRINT 8/40 - SO SICK WITH THE PURPLE BACKGROUND

GID 10' MAD - DOODLED BY MAD. PICS TO COME LATER!

TOKIDOKI MINI MUNNY - IT'S L.A. THEMED LIKE HIS NEW BEAR BRICK.

WATCHMAN SHIRT AND A PINEAPPLE EXPRESS POSTER.

Couldn't get that many sketches this year. It was just too packed! I had to stand in line for 3 hours for the tokidoki mini munny, and he was only doing 60 signings and i was number 56. But the Wifey loved it, so i guess it was worth it hahah, gotta keep her happy. Hopefully I wont have to see another damn Tokidoki thing for another year!!! ahahhahah

My final thoughts on this year are, this year was the craziest one i have ever attended! To many people this year IMHO. I luckily got everything on my list. But the main room was insane. I never thought I'd see grown rump men FIST FIGHT over My Little Pony's and G.I. Joe toys. I was in complete shock when this happened! A lot of people where there to buy and flip them, but what i don't get is, they all are flipping at the same time, so none of them are really making any profit. I guess i just don't see/understand the point of flipping.

It was cool meeting a bunch of you from the boards! Hope you all have a safe trip home! See you next year!!! hopefully lol

_________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/highvoltagemike/
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=5453
Great Trades/Sellers/Buyers:
xblMANIMAL / FilmArchitect / rafissaying / skullart / kemap / LondonToLA / BONER / D-LuX / tommynathan / tehlilone / qtiekiki / eckotyper / htlkid25 / AOD 13 / Autodactyl / ontheDL / Zero Mistro / Saint721 / Mendez / WTFunks / yanksb11 / akn220 / hellscrape / Diakka00


Last edited by getupkid619 on Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:30 pm
Posts: 2679
Location: NYC
some very nice sketches there!

_________________
My Heat
_____________________________

Great deals with: aesthetics, amentia, aparatchik, bilbetsovic, bushri chelseacandy, contra808, copernicus, crippled pigeon, c483125117, daveblog, decep0ner, dizzy8080, djfohm, dr_obake, dunny_photo, eric the red, flapjack, globeboxxr, h20bear, hoya0023, icon84, irsk, johnnydunks!, j0su, katieinmaryland, leadie, lilbooddha, loudwizard, louleeboo, lucidruthie, lulu, magicmanjk808, markie_darkie16, mastahvic, memetic, miami, mindblowin02, mzkaydi, nmr509, nypedestrian, rustedhalo, sadistic spork, sgsterne, SM doom, TOYBOX, wky, wolfchild, zengoa, zmonkee78


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:52 pm
Posts: 334
Location: San Diego, CA
doughyboy wrote:
some very nice sketches there!


Thanks! I am bummed, I want more! hahahha

The lines this year are nuts!

_________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/highvoltagemike/
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=5453
Great Trades/Sellers/Buyers:
xblMANIMAL / FilmArchitect / rafissaying / skullart / kemap / LondonToLA / BONER / D-LuX / tommynathan / tehlilone / qtiekiki / eckotyper / htlkid25 / AOD 13 / Autodactyl / ontheDL / Zero Mistro / Saint721 / Mendez / WTFunks / yanksb11 / akn220 / hellscrape / Diakka00


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:52 pm
Posts: 199
Location: Los Angeles
I've only been able to get one sketch so far - Elizabeth Ito. But maybe tomorrow I'll get more!

So I've always been confused on how Super 7 works. I saw people with these badges. Someone said that they were part of some online group and that is why they had it. I suppose I could ask them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:01 pm
Posts: 1405
Location: Long Beach
"So what are you in line for?"
-"A toy."
"Like a Dildo?"
-"no..."

Actual conversation lol

_________________
Searching for: Yoskay and Huck prints
Good transactions with: Lucky13, Justin J., Midastouch357, DX Psycho, aka-man, sahilio, jon, dubwars, bck2sqr1, Chronic, izzy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:52 pm
Posts: 334
Location: San Diego, CA
jceballo wrote:
"So what are you in line for?"
-"A toy."
"Like a Dildo?"
-"no..."

Actual conversation lol


Lol'z wtf? Gotta love SDCC!

[ Added: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:06 am ]
WandererLA wrote:
I've only been able to get one sketch so far - Elizabeth Ito. But maybe tomorrow I'll get more!

So I've always been confused on how Super 7 works. I saw people with these badges. Someone said that they were part of some online group and that is why they had it. I suppose I could ask them.


I don't mess around with the Super 7 signings ahahaha to nuts!

_________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/highvoltagemike/
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=5453
Great Trades/Sellers/Buyers:
xblMANIMAL / FilmArchitect / rafissaying / skullart / kemap / LondonToLA / BONER / D-LuX / tommynathan / tehlilone / qtiekiki / eckotyper / htlkid25 / AOD 13 / Autodactyl / ontheDL / Zero Mistro / Saint721 / Mendez / WTFunks / yanksb11 / akn220 / hellscrape / Diakka00


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:00 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Chicago
want to sell me one of those sleepy chilly icebats? 8-[


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 597
That is awesome for the first day! :prayer: Can't wait to see what you get after the weekend is over.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:52 pm
Posts: 334
Location: San Diego, CA
Plasticman wrote:
That is awesome for the first day! :prayer: Can't wait to see what you get after the weekend is over.


hahahah

my buying stuff is prerty much done. I just need the Tokidoki Geisha Girl, Both King Kuns and the Woebots G1998 Print!

_________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/highvoltagemike/
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=5453
Great Trades/Sellers/Buyers:
xblMANIMAL / FilmArchitect / rafissaying / skullart / kemap / LondonToLA / BONER / D-LuX / tommynathan / tehlilone / qtiekiki / eckotyper / htlkid25 / AOD 13 / Autodactyl / ontheDL / Zero Mistro / Saint721 / Mendez / WTFunks / yanksb11 / akn220 / hellscrape / Diakka00


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:27 am
Posts: 2033
Location: Long Beach, CA
hey get up, gh swap 9/20, got confirmation from a biggie....

missed comic con this year, first time not going in the millenium....been dropping too much dough on banksys, new scooter, new j fish, uughhhh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:53 am
Posts: 5542
Location: O_o
Damn dude, I'm lovin all of those prints. Pretty sweet sketches too!

_________________
Collection/Wants/Feedback
For Sale


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: yea
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:42 pm
Posts: 259
Location: Anaheim, Cali
getupkid619 wrote:
jceballo wrote:
"So what are you in line for?"
-"A toy."
"Like a Dildo?"
-"no..."

Actual conversation lol


Lol'z wtf? Gotta love SDCC!

[ Added: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:06 am ]
WandererLA wrote:
I've only been able to get one sketch so far - Elizabeth Ito. But maybe tomorrow I'll get more!

So I've always been confused on how Super 7 works. I saw people with these badges. Someone said that they were part of some online group and that is why they had it. I suppose I could ask them.


I don't mess around with the Super 7 signings ahahaha to nuts!


Yea i saw that too .... the line was not that long it just wasnt moving at all..... pluss all the stuff i wanted from there was almost 4 hundo..... thanks but no thanks.

_________________
Ridin' Dirty 714




Good sellers- Autodactyl , djfohm , xfalcon, crspy420, magicmanjk808, qwest1mark, sinkFLsink, MaurinQuina22, originalkaws, aka-man, TungTLe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:52 pm
Posts: 334
Location: San Diego, CA
jonvespa wrote:
hey get up, gh swap 9/20, got confirmation from a biggie....

missed comic con this year, first time not going in the millenium....been dropping too much dough on banksys, new scooter, new j fish, uughhhh


IM THERE! PM the biggie news!! hahah I want to know!!! Are you going to have any toy stores there this year?

It was weird not bumping into you today @ SDCC like we have the last 3 years ahha.

_________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/highvoltagemike/
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=5453
Great Trades/Sellers/Buyers:
xblMANIMAL / FilmArchitect / rafissaying / skullart / kemap / LondonToLA / BONER / D-LuX / tommynathan / tehlilone / qtiekiki / eckotyper / htlkid25 / AOD 13 / Autodactyl / ontheDL / Zero Mistro / Saint721 / Mendez / WTFunks / yanksb11 / akn220 / hellscrape / Diakka00


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:38 am
Posts: 30
Location: Arizona
Sweet Sketches. I landed 0 sketches from sdcc. There were all these rules to even jump in line to get sketches. Had to find someone on the 2nd floor and a certain time and stand in line to get a ticket to stand in another line >_<. You pretty much miss the whole show that way. Some artist wanted alot of money for a simple sketch. I did land many prints ^_^.

_________________
Awesome Sellers: SecurityGeek, nomoremoneyxD,miyestyle,maz78,jmf337


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:10 am
Posts: 2981
Location: Bay Area
LadyJ wrote:
Sweet Sketches. I landed 0 sketches from sdcc. There were all these rules to even jump in line to get sketches. Had to find someone on the 2nd floor and a certain time and stand in line to get a ticket to stand in another line >_<. You pretty much miss the whole show that way. Some artist wanted alot of money for a simple sketch. I did land many prints ^_^.


All the vinyl toy designers/artist sign for free and if you ask them nicely they will do it anywhere on the floor.

_________________
My Customs from 2008
My Customs from 2007
My Customs from 2006




http://www.drils.com
http://www.flickr.com/drilone


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:26 pm
Posts: 495
Location: east coast
jonvespa wrote:
hey get up, gh swap 9/20, got confirmation from a biggie....

missed comic con this year, first time not going in the millenium....been dropping too much dough on banksys, new scooter, new j fish, uughhhh


dude... you ALWAYS go....

_________________
robschwager.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:27 am
Posts: 2033
Location: Long Beach, CA
robschwager wrote:
jonvespa wrote:
hey get up, gh swap 9/20, got confirmation from a biggie....

missed comic con this year, first time not going in the millenium....been dropping too much dough on banksys, new scooter, new j fish, uughhhh


dude... you ALWAYS go....


i know i know...but all i would have REALLY wanted is the soto OG painting....and just dont have the cash...ill go again next year...one year off in eight isnt so shabby.

did you make it out rob?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:48 pm
Posts: 1412
Location: Bay Area
drilone wrote:
LadyJ wrote:
Sweet Sketches. I landed 0 sketches from sdcc. There were all these rules to even jump in line to get sketches. Had to find someone on the 2nd floor and a certain time and stand in line to get a ticket to stand in another line >_<. You pretty much miss the whole show that way. Some artist wanted alot of money for a simple sketch. I did land many prints ^_^.


All the vinyl toy designers/artist sign for free and if you ask them nicely they will do it anywhere on the floor.


For real....almost every artist was cool as hell. I filled up probably a 3rd of my sketchbook.

Didn't see ya there dril. I saw your sick rump custom at the Toy Qube booth though. WOW bro. WOW!!!

_________________
Image

instagram: @big_c_art


https://www.facebook.com/BigC.artwork


GOOD BST LIST

My KR user name use to be
de Large


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:52 pm
Posts: 334
Location: San Diego, CA
jonvespa wrote:
robschwager wrote:
jonvespa wrote:
hey get up, gh swap 9/20, got confirmation from a biggie....

missed comic con this year, first time not going in the millenium....been dropping too much dough on banksys, new scooter, new j fish, uughhhh


dude... you ALWAYS go....


i know i know...but all i would have REALLY wanted is the soto OG painting....and just dont have the cash...ill go again next year...one year off in eight isnt so shabby.

did you make it out rob?


Thanks for letting me know the big secret!!

EVERYBODY IN SO CAL GO TO THE GLASSHOUSE SWAP MEET! Jon always knows how to throw a sweet swap meet! it's because of one of his swap meets 3 years ago I am hooked to this crazy vinyl toy/art scene. ahhah thanks man!!

_________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/highvoltagemike/
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=5453
Great Trades/Sellers/Buyers:
xblMANIMAL / FilmArchitect / rafissaying / skullart / kemap / LondonToLA / BONER / D-LuX / tommynathan / tehlilone / qtiekiki / eckotyper / htlkid25 / AOD 13 / Autodactyl / ontheDL / Zero Mistro / Saint721 / Mendez / WTFunks / yanksb11 / akn220 / hellscrape / Diakka00


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:34 am
Posts: 136
Location: San Diego, CA
mann i wish i went to sdcc on an earlier day, i went on sunday but i still came out with a lot of good stuff

_________________
Vinyl Me, Please Referral Code ($10 Credit):  http://fbuy.me/fgmL7


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group