forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:26 pm 

mission valley is kinda far, have to take the freeway, but should only take like 10-15 minutes to get there by car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:09 pm 

it might be easier to drive to fashion valley mall and take the trolley to the convention center

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:19 pm 

BillHaverchuck wrote:
My friends and I got really lucky. Westgate hotel through travel planners.. It was absolutely HELL to obtain it in February.
187 a night and its on the shuttle and is super nice and clean.. I'm stoked..
3 days now!

I've stayed there the last 3-4 years now, it is a very nice hotel with large rooms and most importantly a fancy high-tea in the lobby with a nice lady playing harp :) hah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:21 pm 

rain wrote:
it might be easier to drive to fashion valley mall and take the trolley to the convention center

really? do you have details on how that works? how frequent it runs, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:28 pm 

here's the trip planner
http://sdcommute.com/TripPlanner/index.asp

drive to fashion valley mall (its very nice) transit center and its about a 20 minute trolley ride. drops you RIGHT in front of the convention center. i know they have more trolleys available for comic con

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:34 pm 

rain wrote:
here's the trip planner
http://sdcommute.com/TripPlanner/index.asp

drive to fashion valley mall (its very nice) transit center and its about a 20 minute trolley ride. drops you RIGHT in front of the convention center. i know they have more trolleys available for comic con

thanks.. any suggestion on parking near by? (i like to have my car with me).. at what time does the lot at SDCC get filled?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:37 pm 

the comic con site has the parking lot map, someone might have posted it here too.
all the other lots are open except for horton plaza (will be pricey) and the convention center. i can't recall there being another other structure lots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:45 pm 

rain wrote:
the comic con site has the parking lot map, someone might have posted it here too.
all the other lots are open except for horton plaza (will be pricey) and the convention center. i can't recall there being another other structure lots?

i think i'm going to try the main lot on thursday since i get there at like 10:30..and i'm thinking it won't be too horrible since it is the 1st day, but i could be completely wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:47 pm 

1030 was a madhouse last year lol
people were there since 5am - you have to just keep remembering that people are on vacation, most of them spend all day downtown and at the convention center and the convention center is HUGE and can fit like 100,000+ people lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:54 pm 

rain wrote:
people were there since 5am - you have to just keep remembering that people are on vacation, most of them spend all day downtown and at the convention center and the convention center is HUGE and can fit like 100,000+ people lol

yeah.. i think i'm having a tough time envisioning how big this thing is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am 

nimsu wrote:
rain wrote:

Same here... I was thinking about parking at the hotels across the street. It's like $28 bucks a day. Is there a shuttle from the airport hotels to the convention center? My map of the shuttles cuts off at the airport area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:28 am 

jceballo wrote:
nimsu wrote:
rain wrote:

Same here... I was thinking about parking at the hotels across the street. It's like $28 bucks a day. Is there a shuttle from the airport hotels to the convention center? My map of the shuttles cuts off at the airport area.

is it $28 or only $20?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:36 am 

hyatt grand manchester:
Valet Parking
Cost: $28.00 per night with in / out privileges

Self-Parking
Cost: $20.00 per night with in / out privileges

The parking garage is attached to our downtown San Diego Grand Hyatt hotel and has 1160 spaces.

the marriott is $21 i think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:39 am 

Im staying at the Dana on Mission Bay...ne one else going there?

Wants: Banksy Prints, Coarsetoys Paw, kaNO Canvases

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:08 am 

rain wrote:
hyatt grand manchester:
Valet Parking
Cost: $28.00 per night with in / out privileges

Self-Parking
Cost: $20.00 per night with in / out privileges

The parking garage is attached to our downtown San Diego Grand Hyatt hotel and has 1160 spaces.

the marriott is $21 i think

so it looks like even that hotel is on the trolley line.. correct? does the convention center have its own parking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:41 pm 

of course! everyone is just saying depending what time you leave, traffic leaving the parking structure and downtown might be crazy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:55 pm 

rain wrote:
of course! everyone is just saying depending what time you leave, traffic leaving the parking structure and downtown might be crazy

i've come up with a new plan... i'm going to take a taxi straight from the airport, check my luggage at the bag check and then take a taxi at the end of the day back to the car rental place

figure it will save me some time when I land and i imagine parking and a taxi both ways are probably kind of close in cost

the reason for the rushing is that i land at 9:50 and woebots signs until 12:30 and i'll need to get my luggage and pick up my badge in between that.. if i find out that woebots will be signing on sat, then i'll probably pick up the car right away

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:58 am 

You can park along Petco PArk curve/sidewalks...sign say only During Petco event your not allowed to park. I parked there THURSDAY all day no problem. (except for the 30min drop-off white curve.
Yet there is a huge lot across Petco PArk self parking it was not full. I would not worry about a $15.00-$20.00 all day fee. You just walk across the street towards the Convention Center very convinient.

ghettoenhanced, Peter- Awesome(CA), cprobot(CA), tactics(HI)x2, Trip(IL), lessthanmike(OH), Just-DAn X2(UK),Chris ARe(NYC), THECANABISKILLA, droid241(CT), djfohm,rizadette(WA), benvt (VT), SnorseWhisperer (WA), Assburrito!, Steph, j3tang, mynameisking,

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2