forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:17 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:24 pm
Posts: 1641
mission valley is kinda far, have to take the freeway, but should only take like 10-15 minutes to get there by car.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:12 am
Posts: 8663
it might be easier to drive to fashion valley mall and take the trolley to the convention center

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:04 pm
Posts: 1343
Location: Brooklyn, NY
BillHaverchuck wrote:
My friends and I got really lucky. Westgate hotel through travel planners.. It was absolutely HELL to obtain it in February.
187 a night and its on the shuttle and is super nice and clean.. I'm stoked..
3 days now!


I've stayed there the last 3-4 years now, it is a very nice hotel with large rooms and most importantly a fancy high-tea in the lobby with a nice lady playing harp :) hah.

_________________
- Andrew Bell
the creatures in my head | dyzplastic toys | dead zebra, inc


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:56 pm
Posts: 3517
rain wrote:
it might be easier to drive to fashion valley mall and take the trolley to the convention center


really? do you have details on how that works? how frequent it runs, etc...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:12 am
Posts: 8663
here's the trip planner
http://sdcommute.com/TripPlanner/index.asp


drive to fashion valley mall (its very nice) transit center and its about a 20 minute trolley ride. drops you RIGHT in front of the convention center. i know they have more trolleys available for comic con

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:56 pm
Posts: 3517
rain wrote:
here's the trip planner
http://sdcommute.com/TripPlanner/index.asp


drive to fashion valley mall (its very nice) transit center and its about a 20 minute trolley ride. drops you RIGHT in front of the convention center. i know they have more trolleys available for comic con


thanks.. any suggestion on parking near by? (i like to have my car with me).. at what time does the lot at SDCC get filled?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:12 am
Posts: 8663
the comic con site has the parking lot map, someone might have posted it here too.
all the other lots are open except for horton plaza (will be pricey) and the convention center. i can't recall there being another other structure lots?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:56 pm
Posts: 3517
rain wrote:
the comic con site has the parking lot map, someone might have posted it here too.
all the other lots are open except for horton plaza (will be pricey) and the convention center. i can't recall there being another other structure lots?


i think i'm going to try the main lot on thursday since i get there at like 10:30..and i'm thinking it won't be too horrible since it is the 1st day, but i could be completely wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:12 am
Posts: 8663
1030 was a madhouse last year lol
people were there since 5am - you have to just keep remembering that people are on vacation, most of them spend all day downtown and at the convention center and the convention center is HUGE and can fit like 100,000+ people lol

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:56 pm
Posts: 3517
rain wrote:
1030 was a madhouse last year lol
people were there since 5am - you have to just keep remembering that people are on vacation, most of them spend all day downtown and at the convention center and the convention center is HUGE and can fit like 100,000+ people lol


yeah.. i think i'm having a tough time envisioning how big this thing is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:01 pm
Posts: 1405
Location: Long Beach
nimsu wrote:
rain wrote:
1030 was a madhouse last year lol
people were there since 5am - you have to just keep remembering that people are on vacation, most of them spend all day downtown and at the convention center and the convention center is HUGE and can fit like 100,000+ people lol


yeah.. i think i'm having a tough time envisioning how big this thing is.



Same here... I was thinking about parking at the hotels across the street. It's like $28 bucks a day. Is there a shuttle from the airport hotels to the convention center? My map of the shuttles cuts off at the airport area.

_________________
Searching for: Yoskay and Huck prints
Good transactions with: Lucky13, Justin J., Midastouch357, DX Psycho, aka-man, sahilio, jon, dubwars, bck2sqr1, Chronic, izzy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:56 pm
Posts: 3517
jceballo wrote:
nimsu wrote:
rain wrote:
1030 was a madhouse last year lol
people were there since 5am - you have to just keep remembering that people are on vacation, most of them spend all day downtown and at the convention center and the convention center is HUGE and can fit like 100,000+ people lol


yeah.. i think i'm having a tough time envisioning how big this thing is.



Same here... I was thinking about parking at the hotels across the street. It's like $28 bucks a day. Is there a shuttle from the airport hotels to the convention center? My map of the shuttles cuts off at the airport area.


is it $28 or only $20?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:12 am
Posts: 8663
hyatt grand manchester:
Valet Parking
Cost: $28.00 per night with in / out privileges

Self-Parking
Cost: $20.00 per night with in / out privileges

The parking garage is attached to our downtown San Diego Grand Hyatt hotel and has 1160 spaces.

the marriott is $21 i think

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:19 pm
Posts: 3079
Im staying at the Dana on Mission Bay...ne one else going there?

_________________
Image
N3rd Link Check out my new Blog and Podcast!

Image
Wants: Banksy Prints, Coarsetoys Paw, kaNO Canvases


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:56 pm
Posts: 3517
rain wrote:
hyatt grand manchester:
Valet Parking
Cost: $28.00 per night with in / out privileges

Self-Parking
Cost: $20.00 per night with in / out privileges

The parking garage is attached to our downtown San Diego Grand Hyatt hotel and has 1160 spaces.

the marriott is $21 i think


so it looks like even that hotel is on the trolley line.. correct? does the convention center have its own parking?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:12 am
Posts: 8663
of course! everyone is just saying depending what time you leave, traffic leaving the parking structure and downtown might be crazy

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:56 pm
Posts: 3517
rain wrote:
of course! everyone is just saying depending what time you leave, traffic leaving the parking structure and downtown might be crazy


i've come up with a new plan... i'm going to take a taxi straight from the airport, check my luggage at the bag check and then take a taxi at the end of the day back to the car rental place

figure it will save me some time when I land and i imagine parking and a taxi both ways are probably kind of close in cost

the reason for the rushing is that i land at 9:50 and woebots signs until 12:30 and i'll need to get my luggage and pick up my badge in between that.. if i find out that woebots will be signing on sat, then i'll probably pick up the car right away


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:42 pm
Posts: 843
Location: Here we go again !!!
You can park along Petco PArk curve/sidewalks...sign say only During Petco event your not allowed to park. I parked there THURSDAY all day no problem. (except for the 30min drop-off white curve.
Yet there is a huge lot across Petco PArk self parking it was not full. I would not worry about a $15.00-$20.00 all day fee. You just walk across the street towards the Convention Center very convinient.

_________________
Great tRansactions :
ghettoenhanced, Peter- Awesome(CA), cprobot(CA), tactics(HI)x2, Trip(IL), lessthanmike(OH), Just-DAn X2(UK),Chris ARe(NYC), THECANABISKILLA, droid241(CT), djfohm,rizadette(WA), benvt (VT), SnorseWhisperer (WA), Assburrito!, Steph, j3tang, mynameisking,


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group