forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:17 pm 

i've gotten to a point where i can't keep up with framing the prints i keep on buying so i was wondering what other people do with their prints before they frame them?

- do you just keep them in the shipping rolls they come in?

how about like artist sketches...i can't be framing every single one right now so what would be the best way to protect them?

thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:19 pm 

arc wrote:
i've gotten to a point where i can't keep up with framing the prints i keep on buying so i was wondering what other people do with their prints before they frame them?

- do you just keep them in the shipping rolls they come in?

how about like artist sketches...i can't be framing every single one right now so what would be the best way to protect them?

thanks!

Store flat. Whether it be in a portfolio with sleeves or a flat file. Keeping them rolled is no good for a print.

Recommended Sellers/Buyers:
"useless toys(x2)" "jjH8te" "jedijordan2046" "liveordunny" "donkeykonk" "Gothamite80" "DrewBlood" "Johnny_Gringo" "Merlin" "MidasTouch357" "yourfacehxc" "mannyx" "Nicknards" "therealchinaman" "quentdiggy" "Shibori" "APsychoCareBear" "Hatch" "malac_cj" "Pandasashi" "Mouser47" MANY MANY MORE, losing track of them all!!!

NEW Online Library & Marketplace for Designer Toy Collectors! Check it out and sign up @ http://trampt.com/u/Mongo_Lloyd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:53 am 

Remove from the roll as quickly as you can. Store flat with some non acidic tissue paper on them. If you go to an art supply shop, you can buy a large art folio to store them in with thick card backing.

Leaving them in a roll for too long will damage it.. especially if there's even the slightest sign of humidity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:05 pm 

I store mine in un assembled cardboard moving boxes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:17 pm 

Definitely flat like everyone else said. If you keep them rolled long enough, they'll be almost impossible to completely flatten.

If you go to hobby lobby you can get a couple 32"x40" acid free foam boards. $9 and you can use the 40% off too. You'll have to ask for them cuz they're in the back with the framers. Then just use some oversized binder clips to clamp them together. They also have acid free plastic sleeves you can use for a little extra protection.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:22 pm 

Like everyone says, store flat. I would use an archival acid free paper on either side of the print. You can get this at almost any art supply store. It is also a good idea to have a couple of pieces of masonite board cut to sandwich the print and acid free paper between.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:57 am 

I usually paste in walls. Such that it will be cleaned regularly. You can cover it with canvas or plastic sheets.