forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:48 pm 

Hello everyone. Been a member for a while now but never posted any of my work, here's my website www.con-art.com if you’d like to take a look. Below is information about a new print I just released yesterday for May the 4th. Let me know what you think and thanks for looking!

troopin sane print release

There are two versions, one on light grey paper and another on white paper with a mint green background. Mint green is now sold out but there are still a few copies of the light gray version available now on my website: http://www.con-art.com/shop.

troopin sane (light gray)

price: $40
color: white / red / blue / black
size: 18" x 18"
edition: 25

4 color, artist hand pulled screen print on gray 250gsm rives bfk paper (acid-free, 100% cotton) with both natural and hand torn deckled edges. Signed and embossed. Each order comes with stickers.

troopin sane (mint green)

price: SOLD OUT
color: mint green / red / blue / black
size: 18" x 18"

4 color, artist hand pulled screen print on white 250gsm rives bfk paper (acid-free, 100% cotton) with both natural and hand torn deckled edges. Signed and embossed. Each order comes with stickers.

Thanks for looking!

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:27 pm 

here are a few work in progress shots of a couple pieces i'm working on for a show i'm in tomorrow tight called "little green men" at suburban vinyl

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:43 pm 

here are the final pieces for the Little Green Men show:

dumdum no.1
2 color hand pulled silkscreen, acrylic and emulsion transfer on 12"x12" wood panel. Signed.

detail shot:

dumdum no.2
2 color hand pulled silkscreen, acrylic and emulsion transfer on 12"x12" wood panel. Signed.

detail shot:

dumdum no.1 print
11"x14" 2 color hand pulled screen print on gray 250gsm rives bfk paper (acid-free, 100% cotton) with both natural and hand torn deckled edges. Signed and embossed. Edition of 10.

dumdum no.2 print
11"x14" 2 color hand pulled screen print on gray 250gsm rives bfk paper (acid-free, 100% cotton) with both natural and hand torn deckled edges. Signed and embossed. Edition of 10.

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:21 am 

Here are two Troopin Sane hand painted multiples I created for the "All J Long" group show at Suburban Vinyl and Art this Saturday, June 20th.

Troopin Sane HPM (Stardust - No.1) - 12"x12" screen print on plexiglass mounted/floated on top of a hand painted and collaged birch wood panel. A unique edition of 3.

Troopin Sane HPM (Major Tom - No.2) - 12"x12" screen print on plexiglass mounted/floated on top of a hand painted and collaged birch wood panel. A unique edition of 3.

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:15 pm 

another piece I did for the "All J Long" group show at Sub-Urban Vinyl Toys and Art this Saturday, June 20th, 2015.

Hand painted and screen printed custom water tower (water tower platform by Boundless Brooklyn)

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:21 am 

NYCC 2015 Announcement:

I have teamed up with SubUrban Vinyl Toys and Art to release Troopin Sane Prints on Wood exclusively for this years New York Comic Con.

Printed by Prints on Wood on 1/2" sustainable birchwood, these new prints will be available in 2 different sizes and 3 different colors. The 8" x 8" will come in two colors, mustard and olive, and are limited to just 25 of each. The larger 10" x 10" light blue version is a limited edition of only 10.

These will all be available at Booth 208 in The Block starting when the doors open on Thursday. I will be at the booth signing from 12-1pm as well on that day so stop by and say hello.

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:45 am 

troopin sane sticker packs are now available.
get your stickers here!

ImageImage

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:13 pm 

Troopin Sane NYCC Exclusive Prints on Wood are now available

Many thanks to everyone who stopped by and visited me at the booth during my signing and got one of the nearly 100 prints that I gave away. Now that New York Comic Con is now over, Sub-Urban Vinyl Toys and Art just released the remaining Troopin Sane NYCC exclusive Prints on Wood. These were printed by Prints on Wood on 1/2" sustainable birchwood and look gorgeous in person. All the prints are signed, numbered, come with stickers and are ready to hang to stand. Anyone who purchases all three will get a matching numbered set.

click on the photos below to purchase.

Troopin Sane Light Blue Print on Wood
size: 10" x 10"
edition: 10
price: $75

Troopin Sane Olive Print on Wood
size: 8" x 8"
price: $60

Troopin Sane Mustard Print on Wood
size: 8" x 8"
price: $60

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:56 am 

Limited Shelf Life - a solo exhibition of works by John Grayson

On Saturday, January 30th (1.30.2016), I will be having my first solo art show, titled "Limited Shelf Life," at Sub-Urban Vinyl Toys and Art in Waldwick, NJ.

I've been preparing and working on the show for many months and am extremely happy with how everything is coming together. I'm hoping to have 18-20 finished pieces for and will be posting more photos as I take them.

If you're in the area on January 30th, I'd be honored if you could join me that night and enjoy some art.

------------

Limited Shelf Life - 12"x12" screen print on plexiglass mounted/floated on top of a 2 color screen printed, hand painted and collaged birch wood panel.

CLOSEUP DETAIL SHOTS:

conart.studio on twitter

Last edited by fribhey on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:26 pm 

My solo exhibition "Limited Shelf Life" opens on Saturday, January 30th from 6-9pm @ Suburban Vinyl in Waldwick, NJ

If you can't make it to the show and want to check out the work you can get on the presale/preview list (which will be sent out a few hours before the show) by signing up to Suburban Vinyl's mailing list or you can check out the works online at www.limitedshelflife.com at 6pm EST on January 23rd.

Here are a few pieces from the show:

Sugar High

Two color screen print on 12"x12" wood panel - signed and numbered on the back. Edition of 2.

Charlie Tuna

Two color screen print on 12"x12" on hand painted and emulsion transfer collaged wood panel - signed on the back.

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:09 pm 

Limited Shelf Life - a solo exhibition of works by John Grayson

Tomorrow night, Saturday, January 30th (1.30.2016), will be the opening of my first solo art show, titled "Limited Shelf Life," at Sub-Urban Vinyl Toys and Art in Waldwick, NJ. I spent many many months working on this show and have created 25 new pieces. If you're in the area tomorrow night, I'd be honored if you could join me that night and enjoy some art.

Please drop me a PM if you would like me to send you a PDF preview of the show.

The work will also be posted up tomorrow sometime during the day on www.limitedshelflife.com

THANK YOU to everyone who has supported, and continues to support, my work, i am forever grateful.

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:41 pm 

Time for a CONTEST - four prizes and 4 winners

UP FOR GRABS
The rules are simple:
1) Follow me, @conartstudio, on instagram & like this image
2) Then repost this image on instagram, tag @conartstudio in the image & include the hashtag #conartgiveaway

The contest will end on Tuesday, May 10th at 10pm EST. The winners will be chosen at random, posted on my account and contacted through direct message. If you don't know how to repost, visit www.con-art.com/contest to download the image.

Both the prints and sticker packs are also available to purchase, more info here: http://www.con-art.com/shop

Thanks for looking!

REPOST THIS IMAGE ON INSTAGRAM

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:54 pm 

Going Through the Motions - collaborative works by Felix Martinez (@cat.atomic) & John Grayson (@conartstudio)

I'm extremely excited to announce that in one month from today, on First Friday, February 3rd (2.3.2017), Felix and I will be having our first collaborative art show together, titled "Going Through the Motions," at Mothership Art Gallery & Designer Toy Store in Philadelphia, PA. Each piece in the show will be a collaboration that will combine both of our individual styles and we can't wait to show everyone the final work.

If you'll be in the NJ/PA/DE area on February 3rd, we'd be honored if you could join us at The Mothership Art Gallery in Philly for First Friday.

-------
Going Through the Motions - collaborative works by Felix Martinez & John Grayson
First Friday, February 3rd, 2017 from 6-9pm
Mothership Art Gallery & Designer Toy Store
223 W Girard Ave, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19123
-------

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:47 pm 

Here's a piece from my collab show "Going Through the Motions" with Felix Martinez (Cat Atomic) - opening this friday, February 3rd from 6-9pm @ The Mothership Art Gallery in Philadelphia, PA - preview will be available at 12 noon EST at www.goingthroughthemotions.net

"CONARTIST Skull" - Three color screen print on 12"x12" wood panel with hand painting and emulsion transfer- signed and dated on the back.

conart.studio on twitter

Last edited by fribhey on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:32 pm 

Bird Skull and Bones
One color screen printed acrylic plexiglass mounted on top of a two color screen printed, hand painted and collaged 12”x12” wood panel - signed and dated on the back.

This piece, from my collaborative art show, titled "Going Through the Motions," with Felix Martinez, is available and on view through March 9th at Mothership Art Gallery & Designer Toy Store in Philadelphia, PA. - visit https://mothershipgallery.com for more info.

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:44 am 

Black Skull
One color screen printed acrylic plexiglass mounted on top of a one color screen printed, hand painted and collaged 12”x12” wood panel - signed and dated on the back.

visit www.goingthroughthemotions.net for more info

conart.studio on twitter