Toy2r teams with Jason Freeny

Post photos and discuss the latest prints, paintings and fine art. Los Angeles based Gallery 1988 is moderating this forum.

Moderators: Kidrobot Guru, zonnie5

moist

Post by moist » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:53 pm

Nikejerk wrote:Looking good Jason...I still would love to get my hands on one of your avatar Dunny's.

KR is a little slow to catch up... But I have faith in them :)

JackPols

cosmetics, cosmetics beauty, make up cosmetics

Post by JackPols » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:47 am

+1

moist

Post by moist » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:25 pm

MoeTheHoe

Post by MoeTheHoe » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:57 pm

[glow=black]Bump for the sickest man alive :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: [/glow]

[glow=black]dont 4get i get the first one lol [-X [/glow]
I AM LOOKING FOR: Blue "HMNI", S4 DIVER, S4 Golden Ticket SEALED ACCESSORIES Would Be Great But Not A Must, THE ONLY MUST IS THAT THE HMNI, DIVER, & S4 GT MUST BE IN MINT CONDITION!!!
And As Many S4 Mad's That I Can Get My Hands On They Dont Have To Have Boxes & Foil But They MUST Have The Chain & Sticker Would Be Good.... (PAYPAL READY)

moist

Post by moist » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:10 pm

GID colorway

TokyoToyStore

Post by TokyoToyStore » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:17 am

now these looks extra special, im in for one if not all of those ! hopefully the store will be in for a few more =D>

its420brother

Post by its420brother » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:17 am

no...efffin'...way...that GID is outta control awesome...gotta keep us posted with production/release info...Any chance they'll make a 30"?
3AA Legionnaire

Great transactions with: lkev, puppetbrain, lifeSIZEuglyDOL, stereopanda, ddokbaro, c.drx, Brotherfudz, uh oh, DMS, covertshadowops, pinballwizard, linh, scribe, Slack, WuzOne, eoin3, melting, bluegreenkey, NSTNATE

Thief: bassqee

MuckyMann

Post by MuckyMann » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:48 am

simply awesome stuff. Can not wait for the Qees!
Want List:
A Luke Chueh s2009 Dunny

I've begun to twat!
http://www.twitter.com/MuckyMann

Good Dealings with: raajr187, wtfunks, Tacune, envizbl, bk_bk, Feric Fanatic, Assburrito!, tealady, Del730, Desopolis, timselF, Rsinart,

moist

Post by moist » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:40 am

its420brother wrote:no...efffin'...way...that GID is outta control awesome...gotta keep us posted with production/release info...Any chance they'll make a 30"?

I wouldn't put it past them, they keep surprising me every time I turn around :D

Ill dig this thread up as updates happen. My threads dont have the staying power as some of the others with the more well known names in them. They get lost :P

TiredChildren

Post by TiredChildren » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:20 am

Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

I REALLY can't wait.

And here's hoping that the other pieces that Toy2R have agreed to do are Pneumatic Anatomica and Anatomie Gummi Bär. AWESOME.
Great Transactions / Boardies:
PlasticMe / Arne Saknussen / decep0ner / f451 / nmr509 / geoffcuddy / jrock1819 / daelementz / car / ChefJt / acityinside / bk_bk / busizem718 / Josh / dunnycrazed101 / whthalo / kp / zephyr / bootleg_mixtape / ray8753 / tvsinny / liv22 / fankypanchu / ratmloud / spunla / eec007 / munchkins021 / Quiz / dubwars / Mesmithy / pandabandit12 / fhamel / zhurrie / CHIP* / eyeforaneye / Zhurrie / dunnybunny / arc / Fliptrickz916 / tron

benvt

Post by benvt » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:51 am

You should get a whole mini series of all your designs!
wish list: gid Gablin; Dalek GDub Bunees; Touma Hellhounds; Mono Teeter; any Deph; Blue Geisha Dunny; GID, blue Gameritas; blue KR Space Monkey; Mini-Goons: Bone; Knucklebears: Blue Tattoo, black, silver king; Budweiser Dog Qee (#899); Nokia Fire Qee; Artoyz Elements Fire by Jon Burgerman; any fire figures(see pic)

moist

Post by moist » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:58 pm

benvt wrote:You should get a whole mini series of all your designs!

In the future, we will all get mini series of our designs...

PEA_KNUCK

Post by PEA_KNUCK » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:53 pm

moist wrote:Image

RAD!!!
+

My Display | My Twitter | My Website | My Sales Thread

Great B/S/T:

kingBOSTON, batelray, MrMongoose, dsristau (x2), Autodactyl, djmerge1, RichL, earthglass, contra808, DOOBS01s GF, The Octopus, Metatron1050, meanmistert, shesmarvel0us, G3NR8, sym408, yup, Gazpacho, Lil J NYC, saiko, money1645, hashishan, idlechimp, dunquixote, eckotyper, motorbot (x2), dunnydave, jmf337, PJPVIV, gallery101, tyleR, BHKidRobotNYC, Moloko Plus, quentdiggy, aruss, Rmanintheny, midnight26man, Dan-knee rock, NYC.Parce, GenuineArtikle

Desopolis

Post by Desopolis » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:10 pm

My guess for the veins would be dense core wire wrapped in a plastic colored jacket.. Each vein would be flexible to get into place and would hold it.. FOREVER... The issue is you would have to have a person bend/adjust each wire into place..
Join the Dunny Trade!!

moist

Post by moist » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:32 pm

Desopolis wrote:My guess for the veins would be dense core wire wrapped in a plastic colored jacket.. Each vein would be flexible to get into place and would hold it.. FOREVER... The issue is you would have to have a person bend/adjust each wire into place..

That is pretty much the plan ;) Good call.
Machines are available that will bend wires however you want very fast and repeatedly.

Desopolis

Post by Desopolis » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:22 am

moist wrote:
Desopolis wrote:My guess for the veins would be dense core wire wrapped in a plastic colored jacket.. Each vein would be flexible to get into place and would hold it.. FOREVER... The issue is you would have to have a person bend/adjust each wire into place..

Machines are available that will bend wires however you want very fast and repeatedly.

WOOT mechanical engineering!!

+1 for that 2010 list for sure..
Join the Dunny Trade!!

moist

Post by moist » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:27 am

Desopolis wrote:
moist wrote:

WOOT mechanical engineering!!

+1 for that 2010 list for sure..

Here are some examples-
http://www.king-mazon.com/wire_bending_machine.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B2fCpm_d6s

These two examples are only showing 2D bends, but I have seen 3D benders too...

Domina

Why mOist makes us mOist

Post by Domina » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:31 pm

I only stumbled onto this thread because Jason sent me here after asking if he would do this type of custom for me.
A question I must bet he gets asked in droves.

I would love it If Everyone on this thread got a chance at a special chase or print just because we'll have known the longest and been counting the seconds the longest....

.Which means we are the most tortured over how long before this amazing fig is realized... Yah that's the ticket.

A most tortured golden ticket dissected qee by Moist
HOw could it get any better than that?

I hope he's making a list... for his true fans /junkies.

But that's just because this girl is greedy for moist.

D~

[ Added: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:35 pm ]
Maybe your Junkies need to bUmp you up every day to keep you out front where you belong.

So much effort and detail goes into your stuff.

D~

moist

Re: Why mOist makes us mOist

Post by moist » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:20 pm

Domina wrote:I only stumbled onto this thread because Jason sent me here after asking if he would do this type of custom for me.
A question I must bet he gets asked in droves.

I would love it If Everyone on this thread got a chance at a special chase or print just because we'll have known the longest and been counting the seconds the longest....

.Which means we are the most tortured over how long before this amazing fig is realized... Yah that's the ticket.

A most tortured golden ticket dissected qee by Moist
HOw could it get any better than that?

I hope he's making a list... for his true fans /junkies.

But that's just because this girl is greedy for moist.

D~

[ Added: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:35 pm ]
Maybe your Junkies need to bUmp you up every day to keep you out front where you belong.

So much effort and detail goes into your stuff.

D~

I think its a great idea. Perhaps I will save the last 100/100 print and randomly mix a "gold ticket" in the supply of figures I receive from toy2r. finder gets it :)

On a side note, I am truly humbled by responses like yours. At times I dont know how to respond to some comments. Getting praise from complete strangers is an odd thing. It fulfills a lot of what we do art for (aside from our personal enjoyment of creating it) and I am grateful for it. it is the appreciation from people that keeps us going, or at least it does for me...

Thank you Domina :)

tyleR

Post by tyleR » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 pm

all toys i have in my "collection" were aquired by trading work, so im not a "collector"...

...but this peice i would buy!

Domina

Anticipating Moist

Post by Domina » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:58 am

THinks Jason should Be Bumped REgular just to KNow WE are AWaiting these guys on PIns and needles.

My girl being in a brain specialty I like the idea of the Purple Brain model.

But THey are also so amazing I'd feel honored to get one and delighted to get one of each size and model.

So stoked for this Fig.

D~

trustinSTARS

Post by trustinSTARS » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:13 am

Oh man, I want one.

Jason, these are just as hot as your anatomy drawings.
I hope FB friends get first dibs, haha.
I will SOOO buy one of these.
*j.

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me

moist

Post by moist » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:48 am

trustinSTARS wrote:Oh man, I want one.

Jason, these are just as hot as your anatomy drawings.
I hope FB friends get first dibs, haha.
I will SOOO buy one of these.

You will be the first to know ;)

I may have some more good toy news in the next few weeks, but that is for another thread... :)

droow

Post by droow » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:40 pm

OTH!! GIMME GIMME!
Good People: Wacko : SMPT : plandesign39 : Jemappellekat : Haseown : Natza

Domina

Moist

Post by Domina » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:30 am

I'm planning on wearing newly ordered Moist T-shirts to the Dead concerts we are attending soon.

At least ONE of Jason's medical Chart Prints we JUST ordered Will be displayed in My girl's medical Office.
I'm hoping her med. students she teaches Will also find it funny .

Her office is so Drab it will add Color,.. whimsey,.. and charm. HOpefully Jason's Qee's will take a place there as well and help lift her mood and bring a smile to her students and co-workers.

PS
Jason I know what you mean about compliments.

I can't take compliments.
(they make me feel dirty and/or obligated to respond or interact with the flatterer)
I say it's damage and I'm just wired backwards.
I don't care for insults.. BUt can weather them easier than praise.

In HS I was placed in Independent study for All my art classes.

And when one of the regular students asked why that chick gets to work in the back room near the kiln by herself... The teacher asked me to come out... pointed to me and said. This girl is NOT in your class. She's in a different program and just sharing part of the class space during your class period. ALSO From experience I know If I go anywhere near her work or comment on tweaking it in any way SHe'll just scrap it all.

To this day I can't make myself free up to start creating again.

That's how I found KR in the first place.

I subscribed to Jux mag and followed the DIY toys to here thinking a fig might get completed faster than a canvas will (I won't finish anything) and be inspiring to me.

I find the thought of any one seeing or commenting on stuff I draw paint or sculpt upsetting.

Soooooo being a total closet case I'm happier supporting way more talented people than I could ever be.

And I'll only post reactions to your posters being up in the hospital IF you REALLY want to hear about them... and can take that to you privately.

Looking forward to my t-shirts,.. posters... and ONE DAY? My very first and hopefully very large Moist Qee in 2010!!!

D~