forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:22 pm 

I was accused of " flipping or being a flipper because I had items on sale on ebay and i wanted to say one thing...

i have not even received an offer of even 30 percent below what i paid for these items ..... that means i paid 30 percent above even the best offer that someone has made for items that i have ....

even for cheap items of 100 to 200 dollars it will take buyer time to get this money together ...

i was buying 15k worth of items at one time.....

i have never seen such complete cheapskates of what i have seen in this " scene "

i just wanted to get that off my chest and i will let you xxx go back to collecting toys now....

you people accuse others of " flipping but wont even consider paying 30 percent below what the flipper paid ....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:26 pm 

First. Normally, "flipping" applies to a recent release.

Perfect point is the GID Omen Fades that were asking $400 (More than 4x the original price) less than 24 hours after release.

Second: most people on the forums won't pay ebay prices for pieces as most ebay prices are inflated.
Third: If the pieces your trying to sell are years old, what you paid for them may no longer be market price, so it's up to you to take a loss or hold out for someone willing to pay that price.

vinyllove wrote:
i just wanted to get that off my chest and i will let you xxx go back to collecting toys now....

Also, don't be derogatory because you're pissed off.

Other Wants: http://trampt.com/users/envex/want

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:34 pm 

^

Agreed. We all get upset on here for one reason or another. No need to be culture bashing, all that does is deflate any point that you try to make.

TRAMPT
http://trampt.com/w/darika09

GREAT FRIENDS/TRADERS/SELLERS: TIMMY2000, KIDGLASGOW, DRUMMERBOY2, OICYU8CHU, MUSICMAN02, CB075, KITMAN34, HOMERJ/HOMERJREDUX, NISARES, NOTHING371, 1957VWBEETLE, VINYLSEEKER, ALBERTONE, TEN21, EVIL0NE, GLOCK325, ZAPPA103, HELLSCRAPE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:39 pm 

envex wrote:
First. Normally, "flipping" applies to a recent release.

Perfect point is the GID Omen Fades that were asking $400 (More than 4x the original price) less than 24 hours after release.

Second: most people on the forums won't pay ebay prices for pieces as most ebay prices are inflated.
Third: If the pieces your trying to sell are years old, what you paid for them may no longer be market price, so it's up to you to take a loss or hold out for someone willing to pay that price.

vinyllove wrote:

Also, don't be derogatory because you're pissed off.

Uhmmm yes, very unnecessary. Be easy with them words buddy. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:42 pm 

What a well thought out, cogently written post! Oh wait, nvm :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/Athyndir/have

Looking for COARSE: Loser Jaws (Blush) and 1:3 Chopper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:40 pm 

you were accused of being a flipper because you bought a ton of kaws items on hype and tried to sell them immediately at a higher price.

Let's not forget what got you here.

Transactions/References

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:09 pm 

This post makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. I wish all people who buy only to sell would keep us updated when they fail hard. Make sure to keep updating the thread with your future lolz, guy who is not a flipper but buys only to sell! :partyman:

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:26 am 

Being a former flipper I guess, I have a few thoughts on this subject...not completely sure what happened in this certain instance, but:

There is money in art. There's no doubt about it and there's no way we can deny it. The vinyl that we mostly talk about here on these boards are indeed art and yes, there is money involved here. There will always be people in life that are prone towards the desire to make a profit where they can, even if it means taking advantage of others, and this is a perfectly functional game for them to exercise that in. And then there are those of us that see this as unethical and do not want these flippers to attend the forum. I think each side could do better, here's why...

This is a close community and most of us either know each other in real life, or know to a degree each boardie's personality. This is a great thing and we want to keep it this way, as far as I'm concerned.
Then occasionally, someone comes along and does something that is not thoughtful of others or a friendly move in general - in this case, flipping. While we don't want to encourage this, we also don't want to straight up drive these people away through intimidation / by berating them. There will pretty much always be flippers and we need to learn how to state our thoughts on their actions in a nice manner, so as to hopefully change their decisions. If we continue to attack them, how can we feel good about the community knowing that we've just completely and publicly insulted what we tell ourselves is 'the bad guy'? This flipper could be anyone, and something as little as a kind sentence or two could turn this person into another beloved regular here. However, if both of the sides continually roast each other, it really doesn't make for a nice environment.

With that, I would like to suggest to anyone who is considering / who has bought a toy and sold it soon after for a higher price, that you reconsider, and join us here on the forums as a thoughtful community member, where you can help out / 'hook up' instead. And of course, it will come back to you and other boardies will help you out in other ways. If you don't agree with this suggestion, I would like to ask that you take your reselling and do it somewhere else, because in this community it's not seen as a constructive act (in many people's mind, I think...mine at least) and it will most likely only generate negativity. Thank you for considering.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:29 am 

I'm not falling for that. If you want me to proofread the vinyl toy textbook you're writing, you're going to have to pay me.

mikashroom wrote:
how can we feel good about the community knowing that we've just completely and publicly insulted what we tell ourselves is 'the bad guy'?

That's the whole fun part. It's like watching Hans Gruber fall off the building. Regardless, flippers are here for money. Treating them like upstanding citizens isn't going to make them stop wanting money.

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:10 pm 

paul wrote:
mikashroom wrote:
how can we feel good about the community knowing that we've just completely and publicly insulted what we tell ourselves is 'the bad guy'?

That's the whole fun part. It's like watching Hans Gruber fall off the building. Regardless, flippers are here for money. Treating them like upstanding citizens isn't going to make them stop wanting money.

Alright, well, I thought this community was pretty close...if it's close as in TIGHT, where it's like, "Oh, you did something wrong, you can't sit with us, and if you try to, we're all going to gang up on you in the most insulting ways possible" (by making others laugh while we berate you), then that was my bad for thinking that.

I realize that it's fun, and that this is indeed the internet, but it was my bad for still not really understanding the regular pace of this community. Sorry!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:42 pm 

The people on here that freak out about flippers are delusional. There's like a couple hundred people buying this stuff anymore. Kidrobot and art toys are a niche of a niche. Be thankful that there is a market for it at all.

There aren't people constantly buying up all the limited pieces like some people here would like to think. There aren't profit margins on the aftermarket for nearly any of this stuff in the first place. Narcissistic toy collectors really need to get off the "Down with flippers" campaign because 99.9999% of people don't care about this stuff. Flippers exist among healthy collectables markets; of which this has not been for the last couple of years. You should be glad that people are buying it at all.

As an aside, some of the vocal personalities on these forums do nothing but push people away with their "I know stuff that you don't know", "everything KR or art-related is great here in cali", and "I've been around the scene awhile and that's not how you should act" tired shticks on here. These guys drive lots of people away from the forums and remain completely clueless (or careless) regarding their own repulsive and antisocial behaviors.

Good transactions: NaturalJoe, VapDee, Mhpgear1, Ryn, Dank82, Stacyjean, Danryan, Tweeder422, bla8, izzy, candycloud27, bltsports25, del730, homerj, JMDawg33, pghrobot, Techhuis, cm, DabCity2, glock325, Erroneous, normanjr, kitman34, Greggygreg, turdhole, Adultswim666, Nonegious, DrkFD3S, thermometer, Kingly Decay, w33zy16, jeanclaudeAdam

Great trades: Ghost, Tweeder422, mrxwormxsayz, dondaka, W.I.L.D., fdot, MiggaWhaat, AK4play, elias, Spenc, MattPower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:36 pm 

I love my lotus dragons. They make me VERY happy :)

notangry

My thumbs up boardie transactions: Eiji, ClarkR, danryan, dbfree, specialaok, hitechkoolaid, Quest1, malac_cj, DrewBlood, Wyldeaxe, TEN21, xxxclandestinexxx, KIDCANNON10, igbid, MattPower, zbakes, jFactor, MusicMan02, ceralwarz, slosnailgary, griffndunn

Trampt
flickr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:48 am 

Nothing371 wrote:
The people on here that freak out about flippers are delusional. There's like a couple hundred people buying this stuff anymore. Kidrobot and art toys are a niche of a niche. Be thankful that there is a market for it at all.

There aren't people constantly buying up all the limited pieces like some people here would like to think. There aren't profit margins on the aftermarket for nearly any of this stuff in the first place. Narcissistic toy collectors really need to get off the "Down with flippers" campaign because 99.9999% of people don't care about this stuff. Flippers exist among healthy collectables markets; of which this has not been for the last couple of years. You should be glad that people are buying it at all.

Spoken like a true flipper.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:35 pm 

jcr518 wrote:

search.php?author_id=89398&sr=posts

Get owned, kid.

Good transactions: NaturalJoe, VapDee, Mhpgear1, Ryn, Dank82, Stacyjean, Danryan, Tweeder422, bla8, izzy, candycloud27, bltsports25, del730, homerj, JMDawg33, pghrobot, Techhuis, cm, DabCity2, glock325, Erroneous, normanjr, kitman34, Greggygreg, turdhole, Adultswim666, Nonegious, DrkFD3S, thermometer, Kingly Decay, w33zy16, jeanclaudeAdam

Great trades: Ghost, Tweeder422, mrxwormxsayz, dondaka, W.I.L.D., fdot, MiggaWhaat, AK4play, elias, Spenc, MattPower

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:52 am 

Nothing371 wrote:
jcr518 wrote:

search.php?author_id=89398&sr=posts

Get owned, kid.

Get owned from what exactly? You make me laugh. The time you spent piecing all that together just shows me all I need to know about you. You could at least try to come up with something better than that, but maybe I'm just expecting too much from so little.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:02 am 

I must admit it amazes me that being called a certain religion is now a swear word .... Lol .... It just amazes me that even the coolest items bye the coolest designers ... Can lose 50 percent of value in a short period of time ... As for me flipping ... I believe I tried to have small art business based in my many years of painting ... It was an attempt and the reason it failed is because I paid top dollar for items and did not realize I was surrounded by the biggest cheapskates to ever walk the earth .... It's when god starts talking crap like he did to drake on the us open loss that people just start to laugh ...... God tells drake ... Sacred hearts do not bounce off tennis rackets ... Sorry buddy ... You lose

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]