forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:35 am 

I've tried so many ways but can't get it to "show the glow". I have so much cool GID stuff and just bought a black light, but what's the point if I can't show it off on the boards, right? ;-)

Not sure if it matters, but I have an Android Nexus. Thanks!

[size=85][color=#FF40FF]Good B/S/T with: dxxxp, dunnynismo; BHKidRobotNYC; clem71; =DuNnYnNuD=; mavxb3; reactor88; NinJaSkills; PerryJayOsman; carcrasheather; apeboy, maraudandembezz, restaurador, dubwars, JMDawg333, Chronotrigger, flipflap, Luckita, rundmb, manikusmd; sumatra71 (thanks for the 8" GIDS); Ash_KBear; thetater; BoxingXius, lofa, wyldaxe, hypekickz; malac_cj, hovdog, amfrancis6; pandabandit12; Freakinkram88; HOVA; Stave; endoprine; 666doll ; SirCasper; nfcrockett; ianthegamer; Hyper mite; ngoqa915; infinite14; EliottV; nerps(x2), VapDee
[/size]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:24 pm 

Step 1: Access internet browser
Step 2: Go to amazon.com
Step 3: Buy a camera that has an adjustable shutter speed, or at least a "fireworks" setting
Step 4: Wait
Step 5: Use your new camera to take an extended shutter image

All snarkyness aside, the reason it doesn't work is that there isn't enough light exposing the picture. Your camera phone is very rutimentry, and won't be capable of taking low light images.

There may be a chance you have a "brightness" setting. Try bumping it all the way up to the brightest.

Another less sarcastic option is to get a really strong blacklight, and keep it close to your pieces. There may be enough light given off then. Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:24 am 

You do realize I'm a woman, right? We don't take sarcasm well. We store it in a tiny crevice of our brain and use it against you seven years later when you least expect it.

Actually think I have that 'fireworks' thingy - will look into it, then sen you a pic of every GID figure I have...on the hour...every hour...for a week. ;)

[size=85][color=#FF40FF]Good B/S/T with: dxxxp, dunnynismo; BHKidRobotNYC; clem71; =DuNnYnNuD=; mavxb3; reactor88; NinJaSkills; PerryJayOsman; carcrasheather; apeboy, maraudandembezz, restaurador, dubwars, JMDawg333, Chronotrigger, flipflap, Luckita, rundmb, manikusmd; sumatra71 (thanks for the 8" GIDS); Ash_KBear; thetater; BoxingXius, lofa, wyldaxe, hypekickz; malac_cj, hovdog, amfrancis6; pandabandit12; Freakinkram88; HOVA; Stave; endoprine; 666doll ; SirCasper; nfcrockett; ianthegamer; Hyper mite; ngoqa915; infinite14; EliottV; nerps(x2), VapDee
[/size]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:51 am 

starkravinmad wrote:
You do realize I'm a woman, right? We don't take sarcasm well. We store it in a tiny crevice of our brain and use it against you seven years later when you least expect it.

Actually think I have that 'fireworks' thingy - will look into it, then sen you a pic of every GID figure I have...on the hour...every hour...for a week. ;)

In a different life, I would call you wife. Good luck with the pics!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:55 am 

I just flash it with light and take pictures with my phone LOL

Nothing too fancy!

Sales Thread
Adventure Time Project

Cezza_4 wrote:
Foto Junkaay; baker, vinyl lover, heart breaker.

There's not much more to it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:33 pm 

I too have a Galaxy Nexus and I always want to take pictures of the moon and what not since I spend a lot of time outside at night. You will never get a good picture because no matter how steady your hand seems it will shake and make things blurry. The key is to find a stabilization method so nothing shakes and the camera has enough light to take in to capture your picture in such low light. Outside of purchasing a camera you can find cheap devices for your phone such as a small stand similar to a tripod. Another thing is zoom. Because the cameras on phones generally suck the less zoom the better. I'm no expert, I've only done this by trial and error. :?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:28 pm 

PowerPillPiXeL wrote:
You will never get a good picture because no matter how steady your hand seems it will shake and make things blurry.

For that, it helps tremendously to use a timer of 2-5 seconds, because the act of pushing the screen with your finger or thumb to take the photo moves the camera slightly. Sitting on the ground and resting the camera against your knees while using this trick does wonders, and almost elimates the need to carry around a tripod.

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:26 pm 

paul wrote:
PowerPillPiXeL wrote:
You will never get a good picture because no matter how steady your hand seems it will shake and make things blurry.

For that, it helps tremendously to use a timer of 2-5 seconds, because the act of pushing the screen with your finger or thumb to take the photo moves the camera slightly. Sitting on the ground and resting the camera against your knees while using this trick does wonders, and almost elimates the need to carry around a tripod.

I never did think about using a timer. Good to know and thanks for the tip.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:02 pm 

foto junkaay wrote:
I just flash it with light and take pictures with my phone LOL

Nothing too fancy!

yup!

DO NOT DEAL WITH:FAUX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:39 am 

There are always tons of apps with adjustable shutterspeed… dont know if your phone has apps.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:20 pm 

get a black light flash light... that will glow up your GID toy enough to capture.