Can I host a Munny contest?

Get the latest info about MUNNY events and contests around the world. Post questions and comments, and discuss about upcoming and past events. Enjoy!

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Can I host a Munny contest?

Post by JuiceBox » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:03 pm

I am new to the munny scene, but I am very interested in the art of munny. I was wondering who i needed to talk to, or if i even did about hosting a contest. Basically what i want to do is invite anyone to participate, have a like a 10$ entry fee, everyone ships me their munny's with a promise of having them returned, and then out of all the entries have an group of people vote on their favoties an have prizes for first place, second, third, and some honorable mentions. Prizes hopefully well worth the effort of entering your piece, say 500$-1000$ dollars for the winner and descending after that. Do I need to ask permission from kid robot or anyone else for this? Thanks for the help...

Post by HBCoffin » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:47 pm

If you can actually organize this and make everything legit, I'd be totally up for it.

H. B. Cstudios | Blog | Webstore

Great transactions with:
a.tom, AL_R, Bo0oYaH, ChefJt, csulli13, coasterbear, D-Lux, dreamattack27, drunkmunky02, Dunny_Photo, enjoipanda, exo111, flabby, flapjack, Gazpacho, GhostBuster, gonedaddyfinch, gundamrx288, iliksprite, jebcrow, jess1cuh, jose2187, Just-Dan, katastrophe, kgyure, kngdingaling, killmylovekill, LonerStoner, M500, Manga_Spawn, marshhouse, maxaltoman, Nadir, nikemsi, o_kedoki, onlYwaY, phaughey, pukingaso, quazmik, raffy, redblueyellow, Superfluouscrux, tommynathan, TradeMark310, wuvy, xxclandestinexx, zincsaucier442

Post by JuiceBox » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:51 pm

I live in the south and the toy craze is not very well known, and more so most of my Art Teachers and other students don't understand. I really want to raise awareness of this kind of thing and show how much art and creativity is out there.

Post by arelius19 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:41 pm

good luck and a good idea
so where would it be?

Post by JuiceBox » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:05 am

It would be at my college in one of art galleries. East Tennessee State University

Post by streakzzzz » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:26 am

I think it's better for you to just receive pictures instead of having everyone ship their Munny due to liability issues (scratches, loss).

But other than that, I would definitely enter the contest. You should talk to the admin.
I'm getting old...

Post by Coreroc » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:03 am

I agree that if you don't have a gallery linned up for the event then you should do it by submission online. As for permission I don't think Kid Robot needs to have a say in an event based on munny's.

check out my clothing line at

Post by stilspinin » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:04 pm

I think its a great idea.

quentdiggy wrote:Welcome to the boards...don't crap on our sidewalk K? :goodman: