forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:55 pm 

Announcing a call for artists for the 2010 Spring Custom Munny™ Show presented by The Project Lodge.

Deadline for submissions is Friday, April 2, 2010.

Please check out the official site for the Eligibility Rules, Important Dates and Guidelines, as well as the Entry Form and Entry Fee information.

There is an entry fee of $10 US per piece. Entry fees do not guarantee acceptance into the show, which will be determined by the exhibition curator. All entries selected for exhibition may be for sale and priced at the artists discretion. NO commission will be charged on any sales made during the term of the exhibition.

Please direct all your questions to the curator at madisonmunnyshow@gmail.com.

I'll follow up with reminders as the deadline draws nearer.

I'm totally excited to see your entries!

madisonmunnyshow@gmail.com

2.21.2010 UPDATE

We've pushed this to Fall 2010. So if you'd like an email when the next call goes out, please email me.

I will post a new call for entries when a date is set.

Thanks!

Last edited by madisonmunnyshow on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:24 pm 

not to be a negative nancy,
but asking for a $10 entry fee, and not even being guaranteed a spot is lame.

For Sale/What I want from you

Custom Munny Trades Flickr Pool
=D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:09 pm 

@Julianmuerto

Thanks for the comment. I understand your concern. However, exhibition space isn't free.

The purpose of the exhibition is to give the artists selected a forum to both display their work and give them the opportunity to sell their work free of commission fees (which often are as much as 50% of the works price). The selection provision is primarily to maintain a certain level of quality for all the artists involved. Anyone that takes the time to enter would most likely have amazing work and would certainly be included.

Would you be more willing to participate if there was rather a $10 fee only for selected artists?

Best -

Genevieve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:09 pm 

i think what he is saying is if your not chosen to have your Munny displayed then you should have your 10 dollars refunded. Really though, 10 dollars isnt that much to gamble with. Ive seen 25 and 50 dollar entry fees. if only it was in tx... :cry: