Masonic Mascot - Bronco #1 Dad | 7" Munny

Post pics of your custom MUNNYs here. Comment on MUNNYs by famous and not-yet-famous people!

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

MindoftheMasons

Masonic Mascot - Bronco #1 Dad | 7" Munny

Post by MindoftheMasons » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Masonic Mascot
by Joshua Mason

Masonic Mascot - Bronco #1 Dad | 7" Kidrobot Munny by Joshua 2015.
Private commission for a Father's Day gift. Can't get over how fun these types of projects are when I know they are gifts. I hear about the reveal and how happy the person when the got the custom piece of art.

I got a pretty cool message from her yesterday morning, "My husband LOVES THE BRONCO!!!!! Omg!!! He can't belive it! But I told you now all my family wants one" followed up with, "Hey just want to say thank you, you did am amazing job and I know this is a hard day for you... But I just wanted you to know how thankful I am and I know your father is looking down very, very proud of you." We're all smiles over here!

- Base Vinyl Platforms: 7" Munny
- Materials Used: Acrylic Paint & Super Sculpey

Thanks for looking!

Moonsushi

Re: Masonic Mascot - Bronco #1 Dad | 7" Munny

Post by Moonsushi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:31 pm

The colours and the sculpt on this are lovely! The recipient must be thrilled (as we can see from the lovely feedback they left you!)

The finish looks so smooth - was it brush painted or sprayed?

MindoftheMasons

Re: Masonic Mascot - Bronco #1 Dad | 7" Munny

Post by MindoftheMasons » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Moonsushi wrote:The colours and the sculpt on this are lovely! The recipient must be thrilled (as we can see from the lovely feedback they left you!)

The finish looks so smooth - was it brush painted or sprayed?
Thank you! Yeah, the client is actually a co-worker at the day job. I heard all about the reaction from her husband with a bit more detail than the texts. Pretty cool to play a part in a special day for someone.

The only spraying I did was Primer / White base coat / Matt Varnish to seal the deal. Everything else was hand painted.