My first custom

Post pics of your custom MUNNYs here. Comment on MUNNYs by famous and not-yet-famous people!

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Spenglish

My first custom

Post by Spenglish » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:12 am

It's actually my second cut custom, but the first wasn't a Munny so I figured I shouldn't post it :D
I'm still working on figuring out the best techniques for cutting and fitting a light. This model has a battery powered light, but eventually I'd like to run a USB powered colour changing LED into the neck swivel, and possibly figure out a way to also light up the body portion.
The idea is to make it not only an art piece but a functional night light. My goal is to work a colour changing LED bulb that is wired through a hole in the ankle of the piece and can be controlled by remote.
I submitted this into the Lootcrate competition but I only found out about it through a friend about ten days before the contest ended, so I had to order the pieces, paint and cut, and managed to get it in three days before the contest ended. No way I'll win on votes, but I'm more interested in kidrobot and other blogs seeing what I'm doing than the popularity contest aspect :)

Be here now

Klang

Re: My first custom

Post by Klang » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:02 am

looks great with the lights

phire

Post by phire » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:27 am

I really like the lights!

Paste_Eater

Post by Paste_Eater » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:53 pm

This is an awesome first custom Munny! I love the detail and the lights you put in! *High Five*

Spenglish

Post by Spenglish » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:30 am

Thanks everyone! I recently picked up a couple of 4" glow in the dark pieces while on a trip to England, so I'll be making some more soon
Be here now

novemberted

Post by novemberted » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:43 pm

Love the light! And the gold and black color go really well together :)