Enamel / Testors Pain on Vinyl?

Post pics of your custom MUNNYs, trade MUNNYs, and talk about MUNNY.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

fakeXsound

Enamel / Testors Pain on Vinyl?

Post by fakeXsound » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Hey guys,

Has anyone used enamel paint (e.g., Testors) on vinyl toys? Does it adhere well and create an even coat? I've been thinking about using it for small details but wanted to get some opinions first. I currently use Montana sprays for a base coat and then paint on details with Golden or Americana paint and Krink K-42 markers.

Great deals with: Trademark78, wyldaxe, yanksb11, lediscode, Nisares, Slideglide, broke4toys, OK_DOMO, kudospop, MotherGoose, Reg_M, LuckyKid19, Jfactor

404error

Re: Enamel / Testors Pain on Vinyl?

Post by 404error » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:22 am

Ive read that enamels don't always sit well with vinyl or plastics. I've painted resin directly with enamels and no problems yet. But My first major custom I gave it a good primer layer then used a can of Montana spray and it was fine. I do like enamels since the hide brush strokes and don't need many layers. So id imagine as long as you get a good primer layer to protect the vinyl its safe

fakeXsound

Re: Enamel / Testors Pain on Vinyl?

Post by fakeXsound » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:20 pm

404error wrote:Ive read that enamels don't always sit well with vinyl or plastics. I've painted resin directly with enamels and no problems yet. But My first major custom I gave it a good primer layer then used a can of Montana spray and it was fine. I do like enamels since the hide brush strokes and don't need many layers. So id imagine as long as you get a good primer layer to protect the vinyl its safe
Awesome - thanks for the info! :rock:
Great deals with: Trademark78, wyldaxe, yanksb11, lediscode, Nisares, Slideglide, broke4toys, OK_DOMO, kudospop, MotherGoose, Reg_M, LuckyKid19, Jfactor