Krylon crystal clear in Florida

Post pics of your custom MUNNYs, trade MUNNYs, and talk about MUNNY.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

A***beadsteve

Krylon crystal clear in Florida

Post by A***beadsteve » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:28 pm

I've been using Krylon crystal clear to finish my munnies. It looks amazing, but even after 4-5 days of sitting in a fairly cool room, they still have a slight tackiness to them a week and a half later. I finished one with Krylon matte finish and don't have that issue.

I live in Florida and the humidity has been brutal. I apply 3 coats, and they aren't the that thin. I reached out to krylon and they advised to use thinner coats, and to keep in a cool room with a fan or humidifier running.

Are there any other finish sprays recommended that produce the same look as Krylon crystal clear without the tackiness, or should I just try thinner, or maybe even one less coat?

Thank you.

:axe:

Megalo

Re: Krylon crystal clear in Florida

Post by Megalo » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:10 am

Man I have been stuck on the same issue, what to use for a finish. I start with brush on or spray paint base coat over primer, then line work with ink pens and liquitex paint pens. Not sure how to finish. I have 6 or 7 figures all complete, waiting for the finish coat.

What can I use to finally finish these suckers off? I want to keep them from chipping or flaking in the future, and I'd like them to be hardy enough that a damp cloth could be used to wipe them clean of dust once they are on display.

I have a can of polyurethane I am afraid to use. Should I be worried that ink and paint will run as these things dry?

As for the humidity in Florida, the best way to handle that is to move back to Texas. Steve. :partyman: