It's time to get baked

Post pics of your custom MUNNYs, trade MUNNYs, and talk about MUNNY.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Kaniva

It's time to get baked

Post by Kaniva » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:47 am

Haha a little play on words for my smokers. Hey guys I had an issue recently and was hoping from some advice from some of the better crafters around here. I recently did a few custom Cartmans, the pic is in the Southpark thread. When I put Cartman in the oven for the specified time on the sculpey 275 for 15 minutes his feet and neck slightly expanded. The neck looks OK now, however neither figure can't stand on its own really without museum putty. All of the Cartmans have a really wide base, but these guys there feet aren't flat anymore. Did I cook them too long? Recommendations?

Kaniva

Re: It's time to get baked

Post by Kaniva » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:33 pm

No one has any experience cooking dunnys then?

mikashroom

Post by mikashroom » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:43 pm

275 for 15 is more than you really need. It's been a long time since I did it but I think you could do like 225 for 10. Pretty sure that's about what I used to do. I was using super sculpey. If that's what you are using, try it on a toy with a bit of random sculpting attached (you can pull it off after its been baked) and it should be fine. Shouldn't hurt the vinyl.

Also, I never preheated the oven. Hope that helped!
Please help me find THESE

Kaniva

Post by Kaniva » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:35 am

Yes anything would have helped, I've been waiting for a response... I definitely preheated too. I just don't want his base to warp. Thank you.