forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:12 pm 

So while I get the urge to work on my White Rabbit again, I'm coming up with ideas for a few more customs
I have horrible handwriting when I'm trying to make it look good...anyone have an alternative to that?
I want it to be small - to fit on a 3" Dunny, but I'm not sure what to do about it 0.o

My Blog

Awesome Boardies
infinite14 [x2]; shizasta; Potterbarn; liveordunny; tvaddict08; Effeystonem; NiceDream [x3]; DrewBlood [x2]; beccamaihato; =DuNnYnNuD=[x2]; akik.na.chinoy; CasperNY; ianthegamer; djmatth83; starkravinmad; waisicmao; masago15; dopevinyl; nerps [x2]; luckyscm; Pharoahjag; Louhemp007; Exforge; xdrmadnessx; babbage1851; caswuun; Ninjaskills; jandrolex; anthonyce; unseenforces; Reks1; thetvirus; noname27; Salamander; Miss_Vawny; TashaLlama; dxjock; MusicMan02; Enforcer; VapDee; fdot; Rsinart; OJJ; NSTATE; Kool51; YoursoRad; twipz; endoprine; JRDillGC; Jason225; Supershanefx; XSuicide SquadX; el_scorcho; snowdragon101
In Process:
snowdragon101

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:28 pm 

Not really sure what you're asking here. An alternative for actually writing on your figure? you could always use masking tape. Or buy small pens for tracing the outlines of your words and then filling it in?

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=186022&start=0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:36 pm 

Oops, sorry..I never know how to explain myself v.v

Alright, I wanted to make a sash on my dunny - I'm not sure if out of material or clay yet. Think...uhmmm....OH! This is going to burn my fingertips typing it, but think of a sash that a woman in a pageant wears.

My handwriting sucks, so I want a more presentable way to put letters either on material or clay (probably clay)
Any stickers I found are too big, and making a stencil would also be too big, so I'm stuck.

Any idea if there's a way to type it up on translucent paper and attach it then? - or if translucent paper even exists? XD

My Blog

Awesome Boardies
infinite14 [x2]; shizasta; Potterbarn; liveordunny; tvaddict08; Effeystonem; NiceDream [x3]; DrewBlood [x2]; beccamaihato; =DuNnYnNuD=[x2]; akik.na.chinoy; CasperNY; ianthegamer; djmatth83; starkravinmad; waisicmao; masago15; dopevinyl; nerps [x2]; luckyscm; Pharoahjag; Louhemp007; Exforge; xdrmadnessx; babbage1851; caswuun; Ninjaskills; jandrolex; anthonyce; unseenforces; Reks1; thetvirus; noname27; Salamander; Miss_Vawny; TashaLlama; dxjock; MusicMan02; Enforcer; VapDee; fdot; Rsinart; OJJ; NSTATE; Kool51; YoursoRad; twipz; endoprine; JRDillGC; Jason225; Supershanefx; XSuicide SquadX; el_scorcho; snowdragon101
In Process:
snowdragon101

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:50 pm 

Why don't yo find a font you like online and then try and cut the letters out of clay? with an exacto blade?

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=186022&start=0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:13 am 

I need them about a size 8-10 Arial font x.x

My Blog

Awesome Boardies
In Process:
snowdragon101

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:35 am 

i know yomi uses the rub on letters you can find at craft stores ....i think ryanthewheelbarrow does too ...not sure how small they come but that would be your best bet

TRAMPT Collection

TRAMPT Artist Portfolio! Follow!

Customs for sale:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=193936

GSA/GBA:
150+ successful positive transactions!

Cool peeps:
Shinobistinks!, DrftDrgn21, Merlin, Nicedream, Jaysin, foto junkay, DrewBlood, HOVA, Cheapet, nerps

Pending transactions: greggygreg, Frankthefish, hitechkoolaid, mattpower, jaysin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:45 am 

I thought of those, but didn't know how well they worked on clay
PLUS I can't find them locally yet

My Blog

Awesome Boardies
In Process:
snowdragon101

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:08 am 

i know mod podge makes a set with pre written words for scrapbooking at michaels and i think i remember seeing the basic alphabet in the stencil/wall art aisle at ac moore

TRAMPT Collection

Customs for sale:

GSA/GBA:

Cool peeps:
Shinobistinks!, DrftDrgn21, Merlin, Nicedream, Jaysin, foto junkay, DrewBlood, HOVA, Cheapet, nerps

Pending transactions: greggygreg, Frankthefish, hitechkoolaid, mattpower, jaysin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:38 pm 

All I've got is a Michaels..I'll have to check it again!

My Blog

Awesome Boardies
In Process:
snowdragon101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:55 am 

You might consider waterslide decal printer paper. You can find it at hobby stores. The stuff I picked up (made by Testors) was for a regular inkjet printer, and requires that you spray a clear fixitive on paper after you print, but before you apply the decal. (I have printed & sprayed, but haven't tried applying the decals yet.)

Then you can just print up whatever you want from a word processor.

If you're only doing one small thing, it might be a waste of paper.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:54 pm 

InfiniteRabbits wrote:
You might consider waterslide decal printer paper. You can find it at hobby stores. The stuff I picked up (made by Testors) was for a regular inkjet printer, and requires that you spray a clear fixitive on paper after you print, but before you apply the decal. (I have printed & sprayed, but haven't tried applying the decals yet.)

Then you can just print up whatever you want from a word processor.

If you're only doing one small thing, it might be a waste of paper.

doesnt this require cutting out the design or letters printed? im sure most household printers dont have a die cut feature and it would be a royal pain to cut out each letter she needs one by one, especially with the font size shes looking for

TRAMPT Collection

Customs for sale:

GSA/GBA:

Cool peeps:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:53 pm 

They make two types of paper. One is clear, so you cut around the full text. Not perfect, but it's an alternative. Since there's no white ink, you can't do white letters. I would guess that lighter colors (yellow) might not work as well either.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:47 pm 

Soo...exacto knife them? v.v

My Blog

Awesome Boardies
In Process:
snowdragon101

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:14 am 

DarkLies212 wrote:

the only issue is that if you xacto the whole word and not each letter, there might be a clear spot from the paper between each letter, but im sure you can just put seal over them so it might blend it into the toy ...thats if i understand this waterslide paper correctly ...pics always help in this situation with what people are using and suggesting lol

TRAMPT Collection

Customs for sale:

GSA/GBA:

Cool peeps:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:23 am 

TO_designs wrote:
DarkLies212 wrote:

the only issue is that if you xacto the whole word and not each letter, there might be a clear spot from the paper between each letter, but im sure you can just put seal over them so it might blend it into the toy ...thats if i understand this waterslide paper correctly ...pics always help in this situation with what people are using and suggesting lol

I had actually purchased some of these from the bay a while back
I didn't even open the package yet :lol:
I like your idea of putting seal over them, I'll eventually have to try it when I find all my materials

My Blog

Awesome Boardies
In Process:
snowdragon101

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:58 pm 

if you go in the stamp section you might find small letter stamps and press them in to the clay or in the clay section at michels they should have a letter kit to stamp in the clay also

http://trampt.com/users/iROC/feed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:23 pm 

...now that you mention it...
I remember seeing metal stamps about that size in my parents' garage years ago!
THEY MIGHT STILL BE IN THERE!!
o.o
o.o
awesome! :D

My Blog

Awesome Boardies
In Process:
snowdragon101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:33 am 

JasonRain wrote:
Not really sure what you're asking here.

Lol, I got plenty of answers that helped out a lot and answered my question perfectly ^^

My Blog

Awesome Boardies
In Process:
snowdragon101