Bootleg Dalek Black 8"

Space Monkey and Ice-Bot creator DALEK will host this special forum where you can pose questions or comments regarding his work here!

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 2655
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:13 pm

Bootleg Dalek Black 8"

Post by tedmcintyre » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:19 am

So I am sure many of you have seen the Black 8" dalek that has shown up on the bay lately. I could not control my curiosity and had to pick this up. I figured it was a bootleg and personally I have a fondness for bootlegs (note the green 3" with no black tips on its ears). I got it in the mail yesterday, it is actually not bad. Apologies to James for buying bootlegs of his stuff, but it does fit in with my collection quite well (see second pic) and if KR ever did this as an 8" i would buy it in a heart beat.
With the other dalek pac man dunnys I have
Last edited by tedmcintyre on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Psssst, wanna buy a fake Warhol?

User avatar
Posts: 2286
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:31 pm

Post by cyberann » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:38 am

I see no problem at all in buying the 8" Black Bootleg since it certainly fits in your Dalek Collection, man! If you are happy, that's what really matters, right? Thanks for the pictures! :wink:

[ Added: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:43 am ]
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention: I also LOVE The Simpsons!!! \:D/

User avatar
Posts: 1213
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 10:30 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Post by jmf337 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:28 am

Ha Ha! I was wondering about those.
Thanks for sharing. :tonqe:
The grin is really the only part that looks funny.
Clean transactions with: Nicocato x5, cprobot x5, xshezx x5, AKA x4, dsristau x4, meanmistert x4, d0m0kun x4, buellster x4, stereopanda x3, flyinglobster x3, Diggz x3, mANNEe x2, wingnut80 x2, Luckita x2, o_kedoki x2, useless toys x2, uhmski x2, caelum x2, Nikejerk x3, ChefJt x2, Iron_Horse x2, Razzberii x2, Femme_Fortress1 x2, eckotyper x2, g-money x2, akumatw x2, linh x2, ApplePie x2, flabby, djfohm, dunnydave, ratmloud, joebot, iliksprite, INVINCIB1E, ModernSky, atomika, LUCKY13, KidrobotCT, saiko, watty, blubbel, earthglass, richL, Alaina, cyberann, ayesha, I0xns0cks, A.B.D., Noodle591, djtomain, noname, Hiyata, Taos thanks

Bad transactions: mrktrbx (ebay: toyboxproductions), newbie (ebay: lifesgooooood), GREG_DEEZEY

User avatar
Posts: 1248
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by ism » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:06 am

I have purchased a couple of bootlegs, I don't see the harm. If you pie charted it, it be less than 1% going to bootlegs with the other 99% going to the real artists.

Nice risers! those look vaguely familiar!
"Help me Obi-Wan Kidboardies, your my only hope."



User avatar
Posts: 4892
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:41 pm
Location: 5000 G

Post by orlowone » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:46 pm

supporting bootleggers promotes their thievery and defrauds the true artist. NEVER BUY A BOOTLEG, YOU'RE JUST HURTING THE TRUE ARTIST. :doubt:
I'd rather be good than popular. You want it, come and get it.

User avatar
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Jersey City

Post by mexico » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:04 am

there's a KR dalek pacman shirt on the bay. xxxl a rare find!

User avatar
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:31 am
Location: HELL on EARTH, AZ

Post by Mendez » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:13 pm

mexico wrote:there's a KR dalek pacman shirt on the bay. xxxl a rare find!

If it's yours , how bout selling it to me?
SALES Thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=249195 < Tara McPherson - GAMMA FULL SET

(El Cuco Recordings / Ultragore Recordings / Sol Selectas)

User avatar
Mikey Puff
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:57 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Bootleg Dalek Black 8"

Post by Mikey Puff » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:57 pm

someone is using your pictures to sell one on ebay for 250 bucks plus shipping.. and they are saying its not a bootleg but one of the rare originals.. ... 20c9f25fbc
instagram = @Mikey_Pip

Post Reply