forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:53 am 

darika09 wrote:
I love your collection and the way you display them with those shelves

One question though...having those 8" out in the open, aren't the a b**** to keep dusted?

Thanks!

Yeah, but I don't mind dustng.. Gives me a chance to look at them up close again notepad of getting lost in the background..

superbry wrote:
that custom purple dunny is sick! DaveMarkArt?

It is. I'm honored to own it..

Two of the teeth broke off but their so tiny that you don't really notice it.. (Thanks Kay for pointing that out when you came to hang.. lol)

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:49 pm 

Bump for a bunch of new photos added!

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:20 pm 

One of the most impressive collections I've ever seen :rock:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:47 pm 

mikashroom wrote:
One of the most impressive collections I've ever seen :rock:

Thanks brother!!

For Trade
For Sale

- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:10 am 

This may seem like an odd question, but with so many 8" pieces, how do you store the boxes/plastic clamshells?

I tend to struggle with the choice of displaying the box with the piece. Usually the boxes are also top notch badassery

TRAMPT
http://trampt.com/w/darika09

GREAT FRIENDS/TRADERS/SELLERS: TIMMY2000, KIDGLASGOW, DRUMMERBOY2, OICYU8CHU, MUSICMAN02, CB075, KITMAN34, HOMERJ/HOMERJREDUX, NISARES, NOTHING371, 1957VWBEETLE, VINYLSEEKER, ALBERTONE, TEN21, EVIL0NE, GLOCK325, ZAPPA103, HELLSCRAPE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:28 pm 

darika09 wrote:
This may seem like an odd question, but with so many 8" pieces, how do you store the boxes/plastic clamshells?

I tend to struggle with the choice of displaying the box with the piece. Usually the boxes are also top notch badassery

I've been collecting toys for over a decade now and didn't save my boxes for a long time, there's just too many!

The plastic clamshells usually get tossed and I flatten the boxes. Some boxes I use as displays.

I hope the answers your question!

For Trade
For Sale

- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:40 am 

I was going down your pics making a note of everything that I wanted to say I loved, but there were just too many! I love the inc bear and the Junko Mizuno dunnys especially!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:59 am 

Added a few new pics.. Enjoy!

For Trade
For Sale

- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:54 am 

really really nice collection! How do you attach those double shelves for your 3" in a detolf? That's really cool!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:30 am 

klafka wrote:
really really nice collection! How do you attach those double shelves for your 3" in a detolf? That's really cool!

Thanks!

You can take a spice organizer that can be bought at the container store and spli it in half.

Then I attach all of the mini figures to she shelves with museum gel.

One half of the shelf gets attached to a clear riser, the other half sits on the shelf. Here are some more images of the setup. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Amazon started selling displays that fit inside a Detolf, you may want to check them out. They are about the same price as the spice organizers from container store. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Display-Sh ... for+detolf

For Trade
For Sale

- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:01 am 

This is one of the best collections on here, i had never seen those Derrick Hodgson figures before! KR sold those in 2003?

Brendan Monroe Sours (any color)

Dunny's:
Aya Kakeda, hole in the middle 3"
Tara McPherson Mr. Wiggles, blue edition 3"
Tara McPherson series 4 alien dunny 3"
Tara McPherson bloody heart dunny 3"
Scott Tolleson evolved set

Angry Woebots 8"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:36 am 

Pannenlap wrote:
This is one of the best collections on here, i had never seen those Derrick Hodgson figures before! KR sold those in 2003?

Thanks so much!

I don't know if KR actually sold them, they used to give them away in your order if you put in a certain promo code in when you placed your order. I don't think I paid for a single one back in the day.. ;)

For Trade
For Sale

- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:12 pm 

noeleaser wrote:
klafka wrote:

Thanks!

You can take a spice organizer that can be bought at the container store and spli it in half.

One half of the shelf gets attached to a clear riser, the other half sits on the shelf. Here are some more images of the setup. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Amazon started selling displays that fit inside a Detolf, you may want to check them out. They are about the same price as the spice organizers from container store. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Display-Sh ... for+detolf

Is there any concern of the paint from the figure sticking to the museum gel if you decide to remove the figure? Have you used this approach for custom figures? I've already had a little bit of paint come off one of my customs when it was standing on an acrylic riser.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:20 pm 

BC G wrote:
noeleaser wrote:
klafka wrote:

Thanks!

Is there any concern of the paint from the figure sticking to the museum gel if you decide to remove the figure? Have you used this approach for custom figures? I've already had a little bit of paint come off one of my customs when it was standing on an acrylic riser.

Museum gel is supposed to be archival, meaning that it won't damage or discolor the piece. Most of those mini figs are held on by museum gel and over the past couple of years, they have not been discolored.

For Trade
For Sale

- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:06 pm 

Is there any concern of the paint from the figure sticking to the museum gel if you decide to remove the figure? Have you used this approach for custom figures? I've already had a little bit of paint come off one of my customs when it was standing on an acrylic riser.[/quote]

Museum gel is supposed to be archival, meaning that it won't damage or discolor the piece. Most of those mini figs are held on by museum gel and over the past couple of years, they have not been discolored.[/quote]

Thanks! I'll try it out

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:00 pm 

you've got such an amazing collection! got damn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:24 pm 

Wow great collection. Love the display, i will want a display like that once my collection grows

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:51 am 

uglymanes wrote:
you've got such an amazing collection! got damn

Thanks!

For Trade
For Sale

- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:51 am 

januarypapi wrote:
Wow great collection. Love the display, i will want a display like that once my collection grows

Thanks!

We just moved into a new house, so I'll have new collection pics soon!

For Trade
For Sale

- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:56 pm 

Here's a time lapse video of the setup of my office toy collection. What took me several hours is compressed into just under three minutes. Enjoy..

https://youtu.be/ygLGqicRb7A

For Trade
For Sale

- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:37 pm 

I love your collections!