forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:17 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:04 am
Posts: 2554
Location: Denver, CO
darika09 wrote:
I love your collection and the way you display them with those shelves

One question though...having those 8" out in the open, aren't the a b**** to keep dusted?


Thanks!

Yeah, but I don't mind dustng.. Gives me a chance to look at them up close again notepad of getting lost in the background..

superbry wrote:
that custom purple dunny is sick! DaveMarkArt?


It is. I'm honored to own it..

Two of the teeth broke off but their so tiny that you don't really notice it.. (Thanks Kay for pointing that out when you came to hang.. lol)

_________________
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale


"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:04 am
Posts: 2554
Location: Denver, CO
Bump for a bunch of new photos added!

_________________
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale


"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:23 pm
Posts: 3619
One of the most impressive collections I've ever seen :rock:

_________________
Please help me find THESE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:04 am
Posts: 2554
Location: Denver, CO
mikashroom wrote:
One of the most impressive collections I've ever seen :rock:


Thanks brother!!

_________________
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale


"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:02 pm
Posts: 889
Location: Maine
This may seem like an odd question, but with so many 8" pieces, how do you store the boxes/plastic clamshells?

I tend to struggle with the choice of displaying the box with the piece. Usually the boxes are also top notch badassery

_________________
IG @swash_buckling_brian

TRAMPT
http://trampt.com/w/darika09

GREAT FRIENDS/TRADERS/SELLERS: TIMMY2000, KIDGLASGOW, DRUMMERBOY2, OICYU8CHU, MUSICMAN02, CB075, KITMAN34, HOMERJ/HOMERJREDUX, NISARES, NOTHING371, 1957VWBEETLE, VINYLSEEKER, ALBERTONE, TEN21, EVIL0NE, GLOCK325, ZAPPA103, HELLSCRAPE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:04 am
Posts: 2554
Location: Denver, CO
darika09 wrote:
This may seem like an odd question, but with so many 8" pieces, how do you store the boxes/plastic clamshells?

I tend to struggle with the choice of displaying the box with the piece. Usually the boxes are also top notch badassery


I've been collecting toys for over a decade now and didn't save my boxes for a long time, there's just too many!

The plastic clamshells usually get tossed and I flatten the boxes. Some boxes I use as displays.

I hope the answers your question!

_________________
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale


"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:41 pm
Posts: 9
I was going down your pics making a note of everything that I wanted to say I loved, but there were just too many! I love the inc bear and the Junko Mizuno dunnys especially!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:04 am
Posts: 2554
Location: Denver, CO
Added a few new pics.. Enjoy!

_________________
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale


"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 5:28 am
Posts: 67
really really nice collection! How do you attach those double shelves for your 3" in a detolf? That's really cool!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:04 am
Posts: 2554
Location: Denver, CO
klafka wrote:
really really nice collection! How do you attach those double shelves for your 3" in a detolf? That's really cool!


Thanks!

You can take a spice organizer that can be bought at the container store and spli it in half.

Then I attach all of the mini figures to she shelves with museum gel.

One half of the shelf gets attached to a clear riser, the other half sits on the shelf. Here are some more images of the setup. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Image
Image
Image


Amazon started selling displays that fit inside a Detolf, you may want to check them out. They are about the same price as the spice organizers from container store. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Display-Sh ... for+detolf

_________________
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale


"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:40 pm
Posts: 24
Location: The Netherlands
This is one of the best collections on here, i had never seen those Derrick Hodgson figures before! KR sold those in 2003?

_________________
LTB:
Yoskay Yamamoto's Sideways (any colorway)
Andrew Bell Glop-in-a-box
Brendan Monroe Sours (any color)

Dunny's:
Aya Kakeda, hole in the middle 3"
Tara McPherson Mr. Wiggles, blue edition 3"
Tara McPherson series 4 alien dunny 3"
Tara McPherson bloody heart dunny 3"
Scott Tolleson evolved set

Angry Woebots 8"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:04 am
Posts: 2554
Location: Denver, CO
Pannenlap wrote:
This is one of the best collections on here, i had never seen those Derrick Hodgson figures before! KR sold those in 2003?


Thanks so much!

I don't know if KR actually sold them, they used to give them away in your order if you put in a certain promo code in when you placed your order. I don't think I paid for a single one back in the day.. ;)

_________________
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale


"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:35 pm
Posts: 57
Location: SF area (San Carlos)
noeleaser wrote:
klafka wrote:
really really nice collection! How do you attach those double shelves for your 3" in a detolf? That's really cool!


Thanks!

You can take a spice organizer that can be bought at the container store and spli it in half.

Then I attach all of the mini figures to she shelves with museum gel.

One half of the shelf gets attached to a clear riser, the other half sits on the shelf. Here are some more images of the setup. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Image
Image
Image


Amazon started selling displays that fit inside a Detolf, you may want to check them out. They are about the same price as the spice organizers from container store. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Display-Sh ... for+detolf


Is there any concern of the paint from the figure sticking to the museum gel if you decide to remove the figure? Have you used this approach for custom figures? I've already had a little bit of paint come off one of my customs when it was standing on an acrylic riser.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:04 am
Posts: 2554
Location: Denver, CO
BC G wrote:
noeleaser wrote:
klafka wrote:
really really nice collection! How do you attach those double shelves for your 3" in a detolf? That's really cool!


Thanks!

You can take a spice organizer that can be bought at the container store and spli it in half.

Then I attach all of the mini figures to she shelves with museum gel.

One half of the shelf gets attached to a clear riser, the other half sits on the shelf. Here are some more images of the setup. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Image
Image
Image


Amazon started selling displays that fit inside a Detolf, you may want to check them out. They are about the same price as the spice organizers from container store. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Display-Sh ... for+detolf


Is there any concern of the paint from the figure sticking to the museum gel if you decide to remove the figure? Have you used this approach for custom figures? I've already had a little bit of paint come off one of my customs when it was standing on an acrylic riser.


Museum gel is supposed to be archival, meaning that it won't damage or discolor the piece. Most of those mini figs are held on by museum gel and over the past couple of years, they have not been discolored.

_________________
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale


"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:35 pm
Posts: 57
Location: SF area (San Carlos)
Is there any concern of the paint from the figure sticking to the museum gel if you decide to remove the figure? Have you used this approach for custom figures? I've already had a little bit of paint come off one of my customs when it was standing on an acrylic riser.[/quote]

Museum gel is supposed to be archival, meaning that it won't damage or discolor the piece. Most of those mini figs are held on by museum gel and over the past couple of years, they have not been discolored.[/quote]

Thanks! I'll try it out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 13
you've got such an amazing collection! got damn


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:02 pm
Posts: 13
Wow great collection. Love the display, i will want a display like that once my collection grows


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:04 am
Posts: 2554
Location: Denver, CO
uglymanes wrote:
you've got such an amazing collection! got damn


Thanks!

_________________
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale


"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:04 am
Posts: 2554
Location: Denver, CO
januarypapi wrote:
Wow great collection. Love the display, i will want a display like that once my collection grows


Thanks!

We just moved into a new house, so I'll have new collection pics soon!

_________________
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale


"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:04 am
Posts: 2554
Location: Denver, CO
Here's a time lapse video of the setup of my office toy collection. What took me several hours is compressed into just under three minutes. Enjoy..

https://youtu.be/ygLGqicRb7A

_________________
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale


"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:23 am
Posts: 8
I love your collections!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group