Scarygirl: City Folk series...want them so bad.

Moderated by Tado, Jon Burgerman, and other Flying Cat artists. Scarygirl, Fortune Pork, and TokyoPlastic can all be found here.
robotsonic

Scarygirl: City Folk series...want them so bad.

Post by robotsonic » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:19 pm

These look absolutely great. Platform toys like Dunny and Qee can be real nice, but I always love seeing new sculpts with mini figures. I'm going to check tomorrow to see if Robot Love here in Minneapolis will be getting them in.

Who else is really looking forward to getting their hands on these?

newera84 wrote: stay far away from this hobby.. unless you really like top ramen

Sold to: qwest1mark, hova0023, wacko, DAT_CAT, pigwinner, bigbade, o_kedoki, Ziggy Smallz, at321fakest, ultra999, Razzberii, dinosaur, pinguino, kom22, subpop2000, Dodecahedron, Peter_Awesome, stormtr00per, bloodline, elecam, mrssna, dieselbuoy, yomi, laconciencia, katbrunnegraff
Bought from: DreVanFuzen, wacko, Meary, coasterbear, vinylwhanker
Traded with: ninwest

fugazi_1984

Post by fugazi_1984 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:05 pm

...me!

...especially the Glass Blower figure.

fugazi

playdoh

Post by playdoh » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:01 pm

Me! I'm kaiju crazy now, but cannot forget my first love! Nathan!
WANTED:
BlobPus Dokugans
RAINBOW
the Amazing Twins (probably never)
Blue Manmo (it is. it is a real thing.)
Faile Dog (this will prob fail)
My hotness

Aussietoyrama

Post by Aussietoyrama » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:56 pm

Yep - they come out in two days.
One of the few toys that i can buy locally.....for all the Australian members, check out scarytoys.com
A really nice series from Nathan
Excellent dealings with these fine, upstanding Boardmembers....
- Booyah,Momcan,Mankac,Wacko, Drunkmunky02, Dieselboy,Thinkbluecount2, Gill, Monsterdecay, DX Psycho, Lword, Atomika, Maadbeats, Creaturion, Wadie Fong, Nudelz,Catch 232, Nightwing 002, Blaupraust, Coasterbear, Mrmonkey, KidrobotNY, Hazeltherabbit, Blue493, Caulrophobia,Leinad, KidrobotNY,Lyte bryte boy, Doobs GF, MzKaydi, Yolao, Tacune, Reganomics,Brent Scarytoys, Crumpet, ABC, Iki Jima, Maki Maki, Yummy oreos, EBIII, Kidrobber, Takuto, Plasticme, Bowler, Jenifirst, Orangeroad, Djfohm, Shiza,Tron, Edtweed.....

Looking for Printemps Artoyz Kid Onion.....pm me.

MANIMAL

Post by MANIMAL » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:39 pm

my wife just pulled a School Girl outta a blind box - question: on th ebox it sez the ratio is 2/20 - but on the character card inside it shows a color variant of whats on the box and lists it as a 1/20 - mistake or rare?
I mean, I guess i could come to your house, blow you, and then cut the lawn. Would that make me 'cool'? - F.KOZIK

playdoh

Post by playdoh » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:12 pm

I'm guessing she's a rare variant. i noticed a similiar thing with the little old lady. one figure says 1/20 and the other says 2/20.
WANTED:
BlobPus Dokugans
RAINBOW
the Amazing Twins (probably never)
Blue Manmo (it is. it is a real thing.)
Faile Dog (this will prob fail)
My hotness

MANIMAL

Post by MANIMAL » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:30 pm

yep - thru further researc over on th e other board - it is INDEED a variant

now my wife hunts down the rest of th eseries!
I mean, I guess i could come to your house, blow you, and then cut the lawn. Would that make me 'cool'? - F.KOZIK

KatieinMaryland

Post by KatieinMaryland » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm

you darn people finally pushed me over the edge and I finally caved and bought a case...argh!

MANIMAL

Post by MANIMAL » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:19 pm

my wife wants yer doubles Katie!

KatieinMaryland

Post by KatieinMaryland » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:40 pm

ok, I got the case and the box is HUGE. I was surprised. Anyway, the only ones that I didn't get are the chase school girl (black face) and the chase city maid (brown shirt). The only extras that I have are a blue face school girl, air freshener, the poet, egg keeper, the boss, and beggar - all common ones, it seems. More or less, the figures are laid out in the box like they are pictured on the front of the case (not the individual boxes) starting with the blind tea lady in the front right spot and moving left...so, if anyone comes across an fresh case, you might get lucky and get the rares that way.

carrion

Post by carrion » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:49 pm

So do we know definitively how many of these (including colour variants) there are? I got two different Jellycats in my case, the regular magenta with green eyes (called Maa on the card) and a black one with pink eyes (Gemm). The black one was in the fourth row down extreme right position in the case.
Is the "little old lady" that Playdoh is referring to the City Maid?

What an AMAZING set these are!!!!
Wish list:
Signed 3" Hong Kong Toy Con black dunny.
Too Many Cellphones 8" silver (with the blue face, not the blank silver one).
Clear (colourless) Flatwoods Monster.
Any of those Mexican beaded 8" dunnies in the wood boxes.
Sugs: red and Gunmetal Grey.
Hazmapo S1 Orange Fescue deux.

KatieinMaryland

Post by KatieinMaryland » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:19 pm

I don't know that there's anything official yet, but from what I've seen so far, there are 3 chases...the maid, the jellycat, and the schoolgirl.

Here is my case...not all accessories shown and some of my doubles aren't opened, but you get the jist.

carrion

Post by carrion » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:25 pm

That's the identical layout to my case!
Wish list:

KatieinMaryland

Post by KatieinMaryland » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:36 pm

heh, not surprising...not sure if these are supposedly randomly packed or not. i did just notice that the hair color on my 2 blue faced school girls is 2 different shades of purple.

carrion

Post by carrion » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:53 pm

It's interesting that so many of us seem to have Blind Tea Ladies (1/80) and doctors (?/??) in our cases - are we just really lucky, or are the numbers all mixed up again?
For the folks that got the Schoolgirl and Maid chase variants, where in the cases were they located?
Wish list:

tourist

scarygirl city series

Post by tourist » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi,
you guys that got Blind Tea Lady and Glass Blower in my book
are pretty fortunate.
I opened a case completely and did not get those 2 figures but got the
school girl chase and city maid chase.
let me know if anyone has a Blind Tea Lady and/or Glass blower for sale
or trade....thanks

sgsterne

Post by sgsterne » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:50 am

My case had the Dr., the City Maid in Pink, and the Schoolgirl with Black Face along the bottom row, next to the red Jellycat.

I was fortunate enough to get the Tea Lady and Glassblower in blind boxes, so my set is complete and I am a happy guy.

I also got an extra pink City Maid and Schoolgirl with Black Face (and doubles of all the comons, of course), and would trade for something interesting. My Nathan J collection is small, and I need old Hazmapos and a Thundermutt 1.0 too - pm me if you have anything to trade.

Steven
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=56449

Good deals with:
joeydzzle, g-robot, axine, jebcrow, glennjammin, playdoh, coasterbear, Robot Companion, the Count, DannyDesign, Wacko, Desecration, urashima, H20Bear, MAD, Creaturion, McBoingBoing, Doughboy, Zeeshan, Zombiemonkey, Trademark310, Norrell, MGLSM, jrebolloso, phazeonedj, xbiManimal, dinosauria, motorbot, magic wanna, snelj8, 209, tbhouse, AnnaLenore, Sike-O, eckotyper, mizkayDi, Miami, Mallet, ROCsone, Catch232, Sindekat, jmo1200, DreVanFuzen, ceejay, joshua, lulu, magicmanjk808, djfohm, easheartsvinyl.

Current sale/wishlist thread:
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.ph ... 204#750204

brent_scarytoys

Post by brent_scarytoys » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:49 am

In two cases, I got doubles of all figures apart from the Blind Tea Lady, Glassblower and the alternate colourway of the Schoolgirl and City Maid.

The Blind Tea Lady and alternate Schoolgirl were both in the front right hand corner, and the alternate City Maid was next to The Doctor- instead of the Glass Blower.

The cases seem to be pretty random as far as the front row goes though, as I know someone else that got a case that had two alternate Schoolgirl figures and an alternate City Maid- but no Blind Tea Lady, Glass Blower or Doctor.

...I was lucky enough to get myself a second Glass Blower (blind) from the City Folk exhibition in Melbourne last Saturday, which I got signed and sketched on by Nathan!!! :rock:

dear earthling

Post by dear earthling » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:35 pm

Weird, I didn't get a card in the one I picked up today :(

I only have the one (girl with the owl in her hair) and am looking for the rest. Let me know if you have extras you'd like to sell or trade!

resistance is fertile
~~~~~~~~~
space / music

c483125117

Post by c483125117 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:51 pm

Anyone else got case layout pics?
Bought from: abelincolnjr (x2), nmr509, kaestar (x3), kidrolito, gogi, dr_obake, JBailey, louleeboo, SmorkinDoobers, lamoretto, ballaholyk84, Dunny_Puzzo, jgeizt, LondonToLA, raffy, flapjack (x3), phatcapsfan, flyinglobster, playdoh, catch232, jonvespa,

Sold to: dunnyrob, mistahvic, doughboy, uhmski, ELMAGICO9, Autodactyl, gonedaddyfinch, drunkmunky02, flyinglobster, flapjack, Maki Maki, acityinside (x2), kidrobotNY, Death-Munny, Iron Horse, ontheDL, frostymug, cahrowline, hazelnutoki, Run-A-Mucker, exo111, sleepboy, spade, KingBOSTON, The Octopus, MidasTouch357, pelicanflip, TungTLe, cprobot, dubsm177, CurseTheSeen, linhpham1201

dear earthling

Post by dear earthling » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:46 pm

Out of the front row of a new box today, I pulled the Dr., Glass Blower, reg edition Jellycat, and Blind Tea Lady. Good score!

Now I just need Air Freshener, Boss, Egg Keeper, and the beggar. Shouldn't be too hard.

Also, not sure if this is obvious to everyone or not, but the Jellycat's shell can be removed to reveal the delicacy underneath. Pretty sweet!
resistance is fertile
~~~~~~~~~
space / music

brent_scarytoys

Post by brent_scarytoys » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:11 pm

awesome! good score indeed!!!!

that's the best the cases get i think, though those cases don't have the alt. city maid or alt. schoolgirl in them which are usually in the front row of cases as well.

DreVanFuzen

Post by DreVanFuzen » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:07 pm

PM'ed! ^___^

mokovc

doubles doubles doubles

Post by mokovc » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:28 am

I've bought two cases of cityfolk figures and haven't got a tealady a doctor or a glassblower. I have however got 10 school girls black and blue. Needless to say i'm a little more than dissapointed in the nature pf "randomness" in the blind box when in almost every row i got two doubles. Example: First row: Schoolgirl(blue),Schoolgirl(black),Schoolgirl(blue),Schoolgirl(black). I don't care about a different colored face. I just want different figures.

brent_scarytoys

unlucky!

Post by brent_scarytoys » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:52 am

Wow- I can understand your disappointment!
However, in Kidrobot's defence, I have only heard of one other person getting a similar case, as I posted above, though there was an alt. City Maid in the front row, which seem to be one of the rarest figures.