Big monstroopers

Moderated by Pete Fowler, Rob Manley. Owners of Playbeast, home to Monsterism , CardBoy, Klong and more.
nemo

Big monstroopers

Post by nemo » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:17 pm

Hi everyone,
Does anybody know how many of each big monstrooper variant were released? I think the last one I now need is the blue Pook et Koop version. I am getting there slowly-its been hard work-fun though!!
WTB: Colette ape team figure, who's next custom da ape penny

Great transactions with: Rdengineer, Delloy, Akbape, ideabolo, harOo, Gonedaddyfinch, Hotel Volzet, ronflex, snakesandseals, nikechen, jacranky, juuan, supamitch, soda pop SMASH, wiseguy, autodactyl, Maadbeats, exo111, Maxaltoman, Daveymor, creaturion, hankist, Tomagachi, ddokbaro, Arcady, mesmithy, LeeO Leng, GhostDog, LonerStoner, crestone, spade, Fielder UK, Mixone, Raphmeister, journeydeefus

lifeSIZEuglyDOL

Re: Big monstroopers

Post by lifeSIZEuglyDOL » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:14 am

:( :( :(
Last edited by lifeSIZEuglyDOL on Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

nemo

Re: Big monstroopers

Post by nemo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:18 am

lifeSIZEuglyDOL wrote:there's some real good info on here with exact numbers,
just search for it
nemo wrote:Hi everyone,
Does anybody know how many of each big monstrooper variant were released? I think the last one I now need is the blue Pook et Koop version. I am getting there slowly-its been hard work-fun though!!

Hi Lifesizeuglydol,
Thanks for this-I already have put in monstroopers into the search (my first port of call) and read many threads on here and a lot of these asked the same question. I could not find the numbers just peoples perception of rarity. Will keep looking though.

Great transactions with: Rdengineer, Delloy, Akbape, ideabolo, harOo, Gonedaddyfinch, Hotel Volzet, ronflex, snakesandseals, nikechen, jacranky, juuan, supamitch, soda pop SMASH, wiseguy, autodactyl, Maadbeats, exo111, Maxaltoman, Daveymor, creaturion, hankist, Tomagachi, ddokbaro, Arcady, mesmithy, LeeO Leng, GhostDog, LonerStoner, crestone, spade, Fielder UK, Mixone, Raphmeister, journeydeefus

monstrooper

Post by monstrooper » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:00 am

I was sure I read somewhere that there was 200 each of the rarer colours. So all of them other than the standard green.

I may have imagined reading that, or that information may be incorrect. I started collecting after their release. But I have all 9, so I'm a happy monster.

nemo

Post by nemo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:20 am

monstrooper wrote:I was sure I read somewhere that there was 200 each of the rarer colours. So all of them other than the standard green.

I may have imagined reading that, or that information may be incorrect. I started collecting after their release. But I have all 9, so I'm a happy monster.

Thanks for this information-I had read the green was 500 but as the Mr Craft, Pook et Koop & Tower Records versions seemed to be the hardest to come by I thought there may be some variations in the release numbers for the rest. Will keep searching for my pook et koop-its the last one I need now (thanks to Maxaltoman for the Orange!!).

Anna

Post by Anna » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:34 am

hey :) I found this thread from back in 2004

http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.ph ... onstrooper

seems to suggest that each colour had a run of 500

nemo

Post by nemo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:57 am

Anna wrote:hey :) I found this thread from back in 2004

http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.ph ... onstrooper

seems to suggest that each colour had a run of 500

Hi Anna,
Yes I'd read that thread too and from that I thought the 500 release was the green regular version with the others more limited. I really am not sure though. It just seems so strange that the same colours are the ones that generally prove hardest to come by. Perhaps they were just more popular for collectors. ??

lifeSIZEuglyDOL

Post by lifeSIZEuglyDOL » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:08 am

:( :( :(
Last edited by lifeSIZEuglyDOL on Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

nemo

Post by nemo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:41 am

lifeSIZEuglyDOL wrote:I'VE got a slightly photographic memory and i perticularly remember reading a thread which listed each one and its production run.

i distinctly remember there being ones that were listed as 800 & 900
aswell as 200,300,400 & 500 .
so i believe they were all made in slightly different batch numbers.

my mind has been a bit messy recently,
so best bet is just to ask mr fowler himself.
he's a great guy and talked to me and my missus for about half an hour
last time he was at playlounge.
also he used to send back pm's within a week so it wont be hard to get a reply.

Cheers lifeSIZEuglyDOL, I'll drop a PM to the man himself and see if I can get the information.

maxtla99

Post by maxtla99 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:36 am

There's also this funky grey one that came out. It was on that one place for like almost $1000.
If you ever see this record on vinyl, I'll buy it from you: Firestarter(ex Teengenerate)

nemo

Post by nemo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:51 am

maxtla99 wrote:There's also this funky grey one that came out. It was on that one place for like almost $1000.

Wow, never heard of that one-presumably a one-off custom ?

lifeSIZEuglyDOL

Post by lifeSIZEuglyDOL » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:34 am

i'm intrigued???