forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Big monstroopers
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:17 pm 

Hi everyone,
Does anybody know how many of each big monstrooper variant were released? I think the last one I now need is the blue Pook et Koop version. I am getting there slowly-its been hard work-fun though!!

Great transactions with: Rdengineer, Delloy, Akbape, ideabolo, harOo, Gonedaddyfinch, Hotel Volzet, ronflex, snakesandseals, nikechen, jacranky, juuan, supamitch, soda pop SMASH, wiseguy, autodactyl, Maadbeats, exo111, Maxaltoman, Daveymor, creaturion, hankist, Tomagachi, ddokbaro, Arcady, mesmithy, LeeO Leng, GhostDog, LonerStoner, crestone, spade, Fielder UK, Mixone, Raphmeister, journeydeefus

Post subject: Re: Big monstroopers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:14 am 

:( :( :(

Last edited by lifeSIZEuglyDOL on Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Big monstroopers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:18 am 

lifeSIZEuglyDOL wrote:
there's some real good info on here with exact numbers,
just search for it
nemo wrote:
Hi everyone,
Does anybody know how many of each big monstrooper variant were released? I think the last one I now need is the blue Pook et Koop version. I am getting there slowly-its been hard work-fun though!!

Hi Lifesizeuglydol,
Thanks for this-I already have put in monstroopers into the search (my first port of call) and read many threads on here and a lot of these asked the same question. I could not find the numbers just peoples perception of rarity. Will keep looking though.

Great transactions with: Rdengineer, Delloy, Akbape, ideabolo, harOo, Gonedaddyfinch, Hotel Volzet, ronflex, snakesandseals, nikechen, jacranky, juuan, supamitch, soda pop SMASH, wiseguy, autodactyl, Maadbeats, exo111, Maxaltoman, Daveymor, creaturion, hankist, Tomagachi, ddokbaro, Arcady, mesmithy, LeeO Leng, GhostDog, LonerStoner, crestone, spade, Fielder UK, Mixone, Raphmeister, journeydeefus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:00 am 

I was sure I read somewhere that there was 200 each of the rarer colours. So all of them other than the standard green.

I may have imagined reading that, or that information may be incorrect. I started collecting after their release. But I have all 9, so I'm a happy monster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:20 am 

monstrooper wrote:
I was sure I read somewhere that there was 200 each of the rarer colours. So all of them other than the standard green.

I may have imagined reading that, or that information may be incorrect. I started collecting after their release. But I have all 9, so I'm a happy monster.

Thanks for this information-I had read the green was 500 but as the Mr Craft, Pook et Koop & Tower Records versions seemed to be the hardest to come by I thought there may be some variations in the release numbers for the rest. Will keep searching for my pook et koop-its the last one I need now (thanks to Maxaltoman for the Orange!!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:34 am 

hey :) I found this thread from back in 2004

http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.ph ... onstrooper

seems to suggest that each colour had a run of 500

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:57 am 

Anna wrote:
hey :) I found this thread from back in 2004

http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.ph ... onstrooper

seems to suggest that each colour had a run of 500

Hi Anna,
Yes I'd read that thread too and from that I thought the 500 release was the green regular version with the others more limited. I really am not sure though. It just seems so strange that the same colours are the ones that generally prove hardest to come by. Perhaps they were just more popular for collectors. ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:08 am 

:( :( :(

Last edited by lifeSIZEuglyDOL on Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:41 am 

lifeSIZEuglyDOL wrote:
I'VE got a slightly photographic memory and i perticularly remember reading a thread which listed each one and its production run.

i distinctly remember there being ones that were listed as 800 & 900
aswell as 200,300,400 & 500 .
so i believe they were all made in slightly different batch numbers.

my mind has been a bit messy recently,
so best bet is just to ask mr fowler himself.
he's a great guy and talked to me and my missus for about half an hour
last time he was at playlounge.
also he used to send back pm's within a week so it wont be hard to get a reply.

Cheers lifeSIZEuglyDOL, I'll drop a PM to the man himself and see if I can get the information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:36 am 

There's also this funky grey one that came out. It was on that one place for like almost $1000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:51 am 

maxtla99 wrote:
There's also this funky grey one that came out. It was on that one place for like almost $1000.

Wow, never heard of that one-presumably a one-off custom ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:34 am 

i'm intrigued???

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]