Scion Teams Up with a familiar artist...

Discuss all the upcoming figures from US artists, as well as companies like Critterbox, Circus Punks, Friends With You, UnklBrand and of course Kidrobot!
Locked
User avatar
pozzi
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:34 pm
Location: NorCal
Contact:

Scion Teams Up with a familiar artist...

Post by pozzi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:12 pm

Pretty cool promo for Scion done by an artist we all know and love...Tristan Eaton.

you can join in the fun here:
http://www.scionspeak.com/

job well done Mr. Eaton!
:rock:


| honda.hybrids.jp |
THE ONLY VINYL STORE YOU'LL EVER NEED!!!1!!11!!elebenty!
>> seeker of all things graff and vinyl <<

trade me your USED Vandals for my NEW ones.
feel free to bump as well. TIA.
<><

User avatar
trikstir99
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:00 am
Location: Long Island

Post by trikstir99 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:57 pm

to bad he doesn't have time for the Mutt Club issues

User avatar
D-LuX
Posts: 4239
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:58 am
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Post by D-LuX » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:00 pm

Billy Bananas has been scrapped for Scion commercials... :-#

User avatar
Natural Light
Posts: 1862
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:55 pm
Location: vancouverBC
Contact:

Post by Natural Light » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:30 pm

thats a fun site.
"Gosh, you really got some nice toys here." - Rutger Hauer

User avatar
djfohm
Posts: 14020
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: SIXONETWO

Post by djfohm » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:15 am

trikstir99 wrote:to bad he doesn't have time for the Mutt Club issues

OUCH!

that was a fun site!
MY Collection For KEEPS!: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=159952
N_roboy12 wrote: How many toys do you even have dude?!?! :lol:

User avatar
sindekat
Posts: 2767
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:35 pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Contact:

Post by sindekat » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:10 pm

as a Scion owner and dealer i was happy to see this but i have the same issues as you all do with the lack of love to prior projects.

User avatar
AZKakaAZK
Posts: 3757
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:13 am
Contact:

Post by AZKakaAZK » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:29 pm

theres no lack of love for prior projects...commercial work funds the fun toy stuff. without any money how the hell do you think hes gonna fix anything? thunderdog doesnt have any fancy investors. and i know for a fact that his fans and customers are paramount in his mind and is working toward fixing it all.
Kidrobot Guru wrote:
AZKakaAZK wrote:
Kidrobot Guru wrote:
AZKakaAZK wrote:
my signature is awesome.


no it is not.



yes it is.



i stand corrected.

User avatar
sindekat
Posts: 2767
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:35 pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Contact:

Post by sindekat » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:42 pm

AZKakaAZK wrote:theres no lack of love for prior projects...commercial work funds the fun toy stuff. without any money how the hell do you think hes gonna fix anything? thunderdog doesnt have any fancy investors. and i know for a fact that his fans and customers are paramount in his mind and is working toward fixing it all.


relax man.. im not bring out the heat on this .. if i was that upset id spend my day spamming about it. i still have the faith and the D love over here.


....and i miss you too <3 :heart: <3 :heart: <3 :heart: <3 :heart:

TheKongos
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:12 am

Post by TheKongos » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:30 pm

not feelin scion, or their wanna be cool campaigns.

User avatar
miami
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: toes in sand

Post by miami » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:42 am

Scion has put their money behind some wonderful stuff, like the Friends With You Skywalkers parade, and Tris is undeniably a hugely talented guy, but with Tmutt's recent problems, this sort of press isn't particularly helpful (from the NY Times):

"The agency spent six months last year escorting a graffiti artist, Tristan Eaton, around New York, Los Angeles and other cities to talk to Scion owners about their lifestyles. Based on those conversations, Mr. Eaton designed the symbols."

Six months?

User avatar
rawket
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: hell on earth
Contact:

Post by rawket » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:12 am

TheKongos wrote:not feelin scion, or their wanna be cool campaigns.

they kept a few of my friends fed/payed with those campaigns ....
i have no problems with scion using artist and music to try to attract a younger crowd.

User avatar
shoparooni
Posts: 876
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:03 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Post by shoparooni » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:04 pm

TheKongos wrote:not feelin scion, or their wanna be cool campaigns.


But you've gotta admit...they are hiring a lot of genuine talent and giving them a lot of creative control.

Having spent a fair bit of time in the corporate wasteland, that's pretty damn rare.

User avatar
pozzi
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:34 pm
Location: NorCal
Contact:

Post by pozzi » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:20 pm

miami wrote:Scion has put their money behind some wonderful stuff, like the Friends With You Skywalkers parade, and Tris is undeniably a hugely talented guy, but with Tmutt's recent problems, this sort of press isn't particularly helpful (from the NY Times):

"The agency spent six months last year escorting a graffiti artist, Tristan Eaton, around New York, Los Angeles and other cities to talk to Scion owners about their lifestyles. Based on those conversations, Mr. Eaton designed the symbols."

Six months?


don't tell me, if someone offered you a wheel-barrel full of cash to be escorted around the country for six months to background a project you'd refuse?

i say more power to ya' if you score a deal like this!
| honda.hybrids.jp |
THE ONLY VINYL STORE YOU'LL EVER NEED!!!1!!11!!elebenty!
>> seeker of all things graff and vinyl <<

trade me your USED Vandals for my NEW ones.
feel free to bump as well. TIA.
<><

droid241
Posts: 1379
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: out and about

so cool

Post by droid241 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:42 pm

this is so very cool
good transactions with.... Mike TeeVee, acityinside, tedmcintyre, PhageRanger, mzkayDi, Dunny_Photo, twotwelve, mcnail, mANNEe, louleeboo, reganomics813, ontheDL, BirdmanEsq, otaku975, hamster,Rejectx, Selph_one, MAD, Arcady, brownkidd, munchkins021, felixjackson, DMS, addictedtovinyl , *cheeto*, lui, cherieshipwreck, zonrboy, stillman, awd182, nyhousekid, squirtle22, keepwatch30

art for sale

User avatar
another-waver
Posts: 3438
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: LA

Post by another-waver » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:51 pm

pozzi wrote:
miami wrote:Scion has put their money behind some wonderful stuff, like the Friends With You Skywalkers parade, and Tris is undeniably a hugely talented guy, but with Tmutt's recent problems, this sort of press isn't particularly helpful (from the NY Times):

"The agency spent six months last year escorting a graffiti artist, Tristan Eaton, around New York, Los Angeles and other cities to talk to Scion owners about their lifestyles. Based on those conversations, Mr. Eaton designed the symbols."

Six months?


don't tell me, if someone offered you a wheel-barrel full of cash to be escorted around the country for six months to background a project you'd refuse?

i say more power to ya' if you score a deal like this!

I think you're missing the point.

User avatar
Rsinart
Posts: 3512
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: Reading PA
Contact:

Post by Rsinart » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:32 pm

this site is awesome, I have made mine and plan on getting it into a vinyl sticker to put on my box.

scioNRG!
STORE: http://whispers.storenvy.com/
SITE: Http://artbyrsin.com
Instagram, Twitter, Facebook all @Rsinart
Image

User avatar
vinylnewbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: B-Dub

Post by vinylnewbie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:43 am

sweet site.
I'm an elk.

User avatar
EGO
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:48 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by EGO » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:02 am

I think it's a neat little site, even if it has a short shelf life, and aren;t they updating the thunderdag website?? was dwona few days ago. wish i got into thundermutts sooner i would love to have one some of the rarer ones.
Adopt an EGO.

TheKongos
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:12 am

Post by TheKongos » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:06 pm

uggggggg, i the only 1 who cant stand scion trying to be down with the "youth" ?

hope you got paid well :doubt:

User avatar
pozzi
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:34 pm
Location: NorCal
Contact:

Post by pozzi » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:24 pm

TheKongos wrote:uggggggg, i the only 1 who cant stand scion trying to be down with the "youth" ?

hope you got paid well :doubt:


would you rather Ford or Chevy do it?

or better yet, have every car company forget about a generation and make bland, style-less cars that don't appeal to anyone under the age of retirement?



i'd much rather have a car company push for a generation that get old and stale (insert any American car company).
| honda.hybrids.jp |
THE ONLY VINYL STORE YOU'LL EVER NEED!!!1!!11!!elebenty!
>> seeker of all things graff and vinyl <<

trade me your USED Vandals for my NEW ones.
feel free to bump as well. TIA.
<><

TheKongos
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:12 am

Post by TheKongos » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:41 pm

NONE, Scion has done artist collabos with over 300 artists in the past 5 yrs and not 1, not 1 artist was givin a car. Shows how much they care about the demographic their aiming to impress. Lets be honest, their cars dont cost that much to make, whole sale, 5-6 k tops?? Ive done design jobs for more then that.

car design is about good car design, i drive a honda cuz i like it, not because they have comercials with demons and cars that turn into lizards with barb wie shootin at my eyes.

and since you wanna drag things out, I lost all intergrity 4 triston from doing this job that i givin him for leaving kidrobot and becoming independent

User avatar
Rsinart
Posts: 3512
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: Reading PA
Contact:

Post by Rsinart » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:49 pm

Ok to the above message. I have own'd a scion xB for the past 3 yrs. I love my car, and the company. I have been invited to shows, concerts, art gallery's ect. Alot of the artist who scion does do stuff with already owns a car from them. I know a bunch of artist who have done thier shows, magazines, ect. I just got invited by Scion to set up my art work at a Northeast regional event in 2 weeks. This is a nice car show where, just cause I own a scion I will get to show off my work. I love alot of what they as a company do for the people who buy thier cars.
STORE: http://whispers.storenvy.com/
SITE: Http://artbyrsin.com
Instagram, Twitter, Facebook all @Rsinart
Image

TheKongos
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:12 am

Post by TheKongos » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:45 pm

Im proud of you,


youve been bamboozled, willingly.

User avatar
pozzi
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:34 pm
Location: NorCal
Contact:

Post by pozzi » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:16 pm

TheKongos wrote:Im proud of you,


youve been bamboozled, willingly.


"bamboozled"

ROFL!


back ON-topic:
knowing what Corp Honda thinks of the younger demographic, I applaud Toyota for launching a whole car line, using quirky Japanese K-car style for the states.

Honda could have done the same thing years ago w/ the Life and Dunk, but they chose to bloat their US models to the size of small land yachts, while pissing on every aftermarket company that catered to younger drivers.

and this is coming form a HUGE long time Honda fan (been driving/owning one since 1995 - currently 5 in the stable).

i drive them cus their reliable and can be fun to drive with a few simple modifications...not cus the CEO of HNA is buying me dinner.
| honda.hybrids.jp |
THE ONLY VINYL STORE YOU'LL EVER NEED!!!1!!11!!elebenty!
>> seeker of all things graff and vinyl <<

trade me your USED Vandals for my NEW ones.
feel free to bump as well. TIA.
<><

User avatar
DEMONsmurf
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:08 am

Post by DEMONsmurf » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:39 am

this guys serious?




:-s

Locked