forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:34 pm 

I was about to order something too, O.o

+ Sellers: fast1590, o_kedoki, highland19, AL_R, Metatron1050, skor one, prins, zephyr, Bo0oYaH, drewproduces x2, whthalo, another-waver x 2, whthalo, louleeboo, mzkayDi x 2, lucky13, grimlock, ontheDL, chefjtLucky13, eckotyper, ism, PlasticMe, NikeJerk, Slack, Ash_KBear,etc,etc,etc....
+ Trades: c-money, DreVanFuzen, rustedhalo, zephyr, FericFanatic, kp, smoking-plastic, cbankla,etc,etc, etc.
+ Buyers: Nebulon5, Fiashly, ontheDL, likkuid, mastahvic, LEARN2LUV, at321fakest x2, lickyourelbow, phatcapsfan, just1nj, LIVE, JenKa0s, gustusbear, osoroshii, Urban_Yeti x2, NinjaSkills, Brinnerz x3, Lfarnc, snitz, yanksb11,etc, etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:55 pm 

bump...to get the word out...shady!

Looking to Buy
-BLACK BUBBLE Tillt 8" Dunny
-Frank Kozik Mao 8" Dunny
- Blue Deph 8" Dunny

Please PM me with any offers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:08 pm 

that blows

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:20 pm 

Ok, I have to say that I had the same situation, only I had a case which I pre-ordered in December. I was also told that they ordered 3 cases, but only got 2 and one of them was supposed to be mine. After I had been told that it was shipped, it hadn't been. When I asked again, I was told the above about the cases. When I finally got the case, TODAY, it had already been opened. All but the back row had open boxes. About 3-4 of the foils were open as well. His note said that they hadn't switched out any of the boxes on me. The ratios followed what I've seen posted, but I'll never know if it was on the level or not. Pretty darn disappointing to put it mildly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:52 pm 

KatieinMaryland wrote:
Ok, I have to say that I had the same situation, only I had a case which I pre-ordered in December. I was also told that they ordered 3 cases, but only got 2 and one of them was supposed to be mine. After I had been told that it was shipped, it hadn't been. When I asked again, I was told the above about the cases. When I finally got the case, TODAY, it had already been opened. All but the back row had open boxes. About 3-4 of the foils were open as well. His note said that they hadn't switched out any of the boxes on me. The ratios followed what I've seen posted, but I'll never know if it was on the level or not. Pretty darn disappointing to put it mildly.

DAMN !!! :-k :gettingdeep: :gettingdeep:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:58 pm 

Quest1 wrote:
KatieinMaryland wrote:

DAMN !!! :-k :gettingdeep: :gettingdeep:

That's fkin garbage...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:21 pm 

Man, you guys just love to jump on someone and talk crap before even hearing the other side of the situation. I've posted an explanation and I assure you there's nothing "shady" or "sketch" or whatever other word you might like using.

Good Buyers/Sellers: Eazyefro, mutantshark, Thespark17, hellscrape, babbage1851, iamthewinter, kpatricialee, chrisosaur, Vinyl_Accountant, Tek-neeK, Bo0oYaH, mzkayDi, twotwelve, lucidruthie, mastahvic, uhmski, c483125117, GetterRobo, =DuNnYnNuD=, kidstartexas, rasta, uneekstyle, saiko, j3tang, H2OBear, v.real, Metatron1050, Fes, Jargon, Parotkilah, CrazySid, kidrobotNY, dunnymoney, GFD18, mandywave, timeshifted, bk_bk, Kingly Decay, ultrapunch, Lysol, SecurityGeek, reganomics813, steve8091, meanmistert, Quest1

-Art Portfolio- BrianFromConcentrate.com
-Cinema Blog- ModernCinephile.com
-Inspiration Tumblr- FromConcentrate.tumblr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:29 am 

CurseTheSeen wrote:
Man, you guys just love to jump on someone and talk crap before even hearing the other side of the situation. I've posted an explanation and I assure you there's nothing "shady" or "sketch" or whatever other word you might like using.

nothing shady or sketchy.. just downright stupid.

[ Added: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:46 am ]
this might be sketchy though.

ebay item# 290206680393

how many blindboxes did you open to get that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:48 am 

why people cannot be responsible and honest is beyond me. Not jumping on anyones case, just in general on the boards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:17 am 

That is TOTALLY SHIFTY!!!! There is no "other side" to that story....blind box is that, sealed BLIND box. And sealed case is that Sealed unopened , unmolested case...
What a stink finger!!!

GREAT DEALS WITH:
MFMUNNY,AGG,MAGICMANJK808(X2),THISBWILL,
AW177(X2),RUNAMUCKER,WUDYNASTY,RUSTEDHALO(X2),SPANKY2324,
ICON84(X2),BONER,LYTE-BRYTE-BOY,XEROX,DUNNY27,KP,SELPH_ONE,
JOEYDZZLE(X2),NAC,VINYLWHANKER,HALFAPPARITION,GRIMLOCK(X2),
EVRYKISSUWASTED,NINWEST,JACRANKY,DEANOMEANO,WIZEGUY,
DESECRATION,ELMAGICO9,WACKO,ROTTIEROOK,TIZIGHT,WVURXGAL,
NMR509,ECKOTYPER(X2),BLEEDINGEGG(X4),KNGWIZ,DUNQUIXOTE,
CSR B GANGSTA R,MAKI MAKI, THEFUZZYBEAR,FOOSHCORE, DODGER,
BILLHAVERCHUCK, USELESSTOYS, KIDROLITO, LUCIDRUTHIE, ELECAM,
NEWADDICTIONS, ROBOTCOMPANION, AGRENIER, LWODUNNY,NEBULON5,
MEATLOAF, DUNNYPHOTO, CORSAIR, DOOBS01, SPS, SLACk, OVERSPRAYED,
ZEPHYR, STREAKZZZZ, KIDROBOTNY, M500,JAYBI, C-MONEY

MARTY THINX wrote:
YOUR BEING BAMBOOZLED. Thats what Im thinking. But the sheep will go where the rest of the sheep roam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:18 am 

bump for caution

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:55 am 

Bo0oYaH wrote:
CurseTheSeen wrote:

nothing shady or sketchy.. just downright stupid.

[ Added: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:46 am ]
this might be sketchy though.

ebay item# 290206680393

how many blindboxes did you open to get that?

Nice catch BoOoYaH... that does seem a little too concidental now doesn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:59 am 

:axe:

hahaha another to the list

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:09 am 

Yeah, this guy is a boner. Check out his weak explanation.

Abridged version:

"We didn't have what you ordered, so we sent you what we did have."

ISO of: #1-1St Painted RealxNibbler - SDCC 2011, 2-Onell Chaos Invasion, 3 - Spectre Mini Pheyaos
My Flickr
Transactions

Commissions list is open. If we've talked I have you on the list already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLyEGdaOhhY<---Time Lapse Video of the making of the Mega Munny Hammer Bros.
http://vimeo.com/21803727 <----New Video "How to Strip a Dunny"

N3rd Link Check out the new Blog and Podcast!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:10 am 

KatieinMaryland wrote:

Ugh, Katie I was so sorry to read this message from you. As unhappy as I was when I opened my mail, I can't IMAGINE what my reaction would have been like if I had dropped money on a case only to get one that had been opened. There is just no excuse for any of this. I'm sorry but if you start opening boxes for your own fun before you even pay attention to WHAT you've already SOLD... then you shouldn't be in this business. That's all a pretty big moot point, though, as I think we have already established that about this particular store.
That is also assuming that he honestly did start opening boxes completely unaware of the fact that he still had several orders to fill and wasn't just rummaging through the boxes and ... oh say... putting the rare pulls on EvilBay.

Evidence posted earlier seems to prove the later.

<sigh>

What else can I say? It is sad that I'll be thinking twice about ordering from any small company in the future because of this. Not to mention that it has pretty much killed the excitement I had for this series. I'm sure hoping I get over it in a few days, but right now I just don't really even care.

My husband is keeping the toys company until I learn to love again.
:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:05 pm 

Give the customers their money back! Stores scamming customers, what next :-k

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

vinylhammer wrote:
FYou wouldn't believe that 3A has it's own, entire forum would you. Plus all they ever say is, "has your blah blah TK turned up yet", "no, i've been waiting for 2 years".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:41 pm 

GetterRobo wrote:
I really hope everything works out for you Taniamc, I'll be praying :]

And to MrAfterNoon...I think it's wrong that your trying to promote your shop when someone just got ripped off

I agree with Getter. This isn't an opportunity to promote your mom's store. And I can't say that doing so here after we just got ... "ripped off" for lack of a better term... is really going to enhance anyone's opinion of it.

It is unfortunate that small shops like this one have to ruin it for the other guys. And I guess I understand what you're trying to do... but I would prefer not to receive PM's titled "Order from us!" soliciting my business after I've just been burned.

Admittedly this whole thing has left a foul taste in my mouth, and I apologize if my snarkiness is unjustified toward your... marketing.

T:[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:45 pm 

Why would you name a store "A Thousand Apologies" anyway? It's like naming a restaurant "Sorry About The Smell".

SLÜG!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:00 pm 

yates wrote:
Why would you name a store "A Thousand Apologies" anyway? It's like naming a restaurant "Sorry About The Smell".

or they could go with "A Thousand Shady Blind Boxes"

what a joke!!!!!! :killme:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:50 pm 

ya know, I want to take this guy at his word, I really do. but you know, one of the ones that had an open foil was like 2nd row from the back, in the middle. it was an open luke bear, a regular version....the other ones with open foils were in different spots, but near the front. It just doesn't seem like it's random or whatever. I just can't help but think that the boxes were opened and the foils were felt up to figure out what's inside and maybe something was switched out. I really would love to give the benefit of the doubt, but I dunno. I'm not wasting more $ mailing back the open ones and not knowing the outcome of that. I just won't give my repeat business. I'm not usually one to stir the pot on here, but this just wasn't cool and I don't think any excuse from a retailer that did this is acceptable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:33 pm 

Second row from the back, in the middle: that would be the Luke Jagged mouth.
If you got something else in the spot, it was switched.
I opened 5 cases for open box sales, and that figure was in that spot in every one cept the chase case. The case layout on here is 100% accurate from my experience.
If you check ATA's past sales, he sold 2 Jagged mouths and a 3 eyed, with one
3 eyed still up for sale.

First rule of sales, ALWAYS fulfill the orders you have first.
Seems like that would be common sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:32 pm 

You guys are entitled to your own opinions and I completely understand why you're angry. The truth is actually simple. I did have enough blind boxes to fill the orders, so I sent the opened ones that I had. As to the eBay item I'm selling...I bought more Vivisect Playset cases from StrangeCo. and a case for myself. That is where the eBay items are coming from...so please, stop accusing me of purposly sending you the normal figures. And I did offer to refund everyones money etc...Cases of Vivisect don't come sealed by the way. Three or four cases we're taken out of the case I sent to the user above (whomever ordered a full case). Once I realized that there was a pre-order for a full case, I had already started opening the last case I had...you see what I'm saying? I sent what I had instead of sending nothing and refunding everyones money. That was a huge mistake and I honestly feel horridly stupid...but I never meant to screw anyone. I will GLADLY REFUND OR REPLACE any of the blind boxes.

Good Buyers/Sellers: Eazyefro, mutantshark, Thespark17, hellscrape, babbage1851, iamthewinter, kpatricialee, chrisosaur, Vinyl_Accountant, Tek-neeK, Bo0oYaH, mzkayDi, twotwelve, lucidruthie, mastahvic, uhmski, c483125117, GetterRobo, =DuNnYnNuD=, kidstartexas, rasta, uneekstyle, saiko, j3tang, H2OBear, v.real, Metatron1050, Fes, Jargon, Parotkilah, CrazySid, kidrobotNY, dunnymoney, GFD18, mandywave, timeshifted, bk_bk, Kingly Decay, ultrapunch, Lysol, SecurityGeek, reganomics813, steve8091, meanmistert, Quest1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:35 pm 

broken record just keeps playing...w hat you did was shady regardless if it was meant or not...

you just sent open boxes, without asking the customers if that was okay... u made the decision for them that it was okay, and acceptable... so i understand why they are pist... you made your bed.... now sleep in it.

A Thousand Apologies wouldn't clear your name in my book!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:16 pm 

You're right...I messed up. Sorry.

[ Added: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:52 pm ]
If you received open blind boxes in your order of The Vivisect Playset from A Thousand Apologies.com, please PM or e-mail me your full mailing address. I'd like to mail out a few blind boxes as an apology. I know it won't change what has happened, but I'd appreciate it if you'd all let me send those out. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:11 pm 

I would like to add some insight to this situation. I have been in collectibles as a seller and collector for about 25 years (can't beleive it will be 25 years in July, that I started selling comics and toys). So anyway, I like to think I have seen a lot over that time. So I think the seller is telling the truth, just from what a few of the buyers have posted. However I think he handled the whole situation very poorly. He said he ordered 3 cases and got 2. So the first thing to do would be to fill his preorders, blind box and full cases. I have been short changed on order for items in the past. This has meant selling items at prices below what the market was at the time. However I could pride myself in knowing I did right by the customers who pre-bought from me, and develop a reputation as a good dealer over time. If after filling pre-sells,he had any left he could then open those to sell. Telling people, your case was the one I did not get is just lame(sorry to be critical, just calling it like I see it).
I think this incident has done a lot to hurt your credibility, you are a new business and need to do what you can to build trust, stunts like this will not build trust. Good Luck.

D'oh

Homer J

Had Good dealings with: Cameron, pennjones, puppetbrain, photoman222, Yardarm51, phazeonedj, woooooops, Quest1, dolefee, kngwiz, nerbous, low_pro, Retro603, iamthewinter, M00DSWING7, lxipinoyxl, sillynickers, zonrboy, STP03bluesi, vpcwiu, beccamaihato

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next