Brendan Monroe Sours

Discuss all the upcoming figures from US artists, as well as companies like Critterbox, Circus Punks, Friends With You, UnklBrand and of course Kidrobot!
Captain Eyeball

Post by Captain Eyeball » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:22 pm

glenn is an a-hole
:gettingdeep: :gettingdeep: :gettingdeep:

TheFuzzyBear

Post by TheFuzzyBear » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:11 pm

Meary wrote:Android8's website says more toys from Brendan Monroe are coming, anyone hear anything about those?
There was an interview/ studio visit and there were some really wicked figures in the background, I can only hope those were them. I'll see if I can find that someplace.

[ Added: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:20 pm ]

Brendan Monroe Studio Visit
Looking for:
Fatimas l Tigerbabys l Turtlecamper l Jurevicius Geguzis l Birdlett

svenman

Post by svenman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:43 am

those above are called bandits. there has been rumour that he may make a toy edition of these, but the ones above are probably original wood sculptures.

heres a picture of the one i own.

http://limitedaddiction.net/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/7481009313/inlineimg/Y/brendan_monroe_bandit.jpg

Slvgx

Post by Slvgx » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:23 am

I'm now discovering the Sours myself. I've noticed I've seen pictures where a Sour had a broken branch head, and others of the same color had a twig with a leaf. I'm wondering if they all come with a swappable twig / leaf accessory, or if some of a color were only a broken twig and others were only a twig with leaf?
WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.

redblueyellow

Post by redblueyellow » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:28 am

Slvgx wrote:I'm now discovering the Sours myself. I've noticed I've seen pictures where a Sour had a broken branch head, and others of the same color had a twig with a leaf. I'm wondering if they all come with a swappable twig / leaf accessory, or if some of a color were only a broken twig and others were only a twig with leaf?

Each sour is accompanied by an identical bag of accessories that is color coded to match each sour. I think 4 total?
Sales|Trades with jarkbark, selekta_nips, skullart, circusking, jhoo04, Noodler, tommynathan (x2), shabadoo, uub (x2), Autodactyl, Slack, soundklash, MAD, Tizight, chottomatte, organicsalsa, yerflap, flapjack, envex, JenKa0s (x2), acityinside, commiebeatnik, tangy, jonvespa, doughyboy, Obeygiant, Manmachine, casper721, rails, mz, symbebekos, core4pro,hams,delloy,gazpacho,keiboba,maxaltoman,TheFuzzyBear,seventoes, MeatB^G,k3vkoh,poysntixels,motorbot,Fes,originalkaws(x3),reaganomics,Kickin' Wing, core4pro,barnettkthrn,aka-man,mrburgess x2),piyo ...

For Sale | Trade:
WTB any & all LEMERDE Le Merde

Slvgx

Post by Slvgx » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:34 am

redblueyellow wrote:
Slvgx wrote:I'm now discovering the Sours myself. I've noticed I've seen pictures where a Sour had a broken branch head, and others of the same color had a twig with a leaf. I'm wondering if they all come with a swappable twig / leaf accessory, or if some of a color were only a broken twig and others were only a twig with leaf?

Each sour is accompanied by an identical bag of accessories that is color coded to match each sour. I think 4 total?

I'm not sure I follow. Meaning that you get an option to display with broken twig or with leaf? This is what I mean.

With leaf: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aquapunk/342174205/

Broken twig: http://www.flickr.com/photos/16461306@N06/1767695924/

Is the twig swappable, or are you stuck with what you get? I'm just curious because if I try to buy one, I don't want to be surprised with something.
WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.

item

Post by item » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:39 am

Each Sour came with interchangeable twigs for the head. One broken and one full.

chechi

Post by chechi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:04 pm

vinyljunkeeeee wrote:ahaha 'all gone tits up' means that its ''all gone wrong'
tis an english-ism :) lol
that made me giggle, thanks for breaking up my work day ! :)

Huh, I had no idea it was an English phrase. Me and my friends say "tits up" all the time, never knew where it came from.

The Sours are classic. I've been looking for a set in spite of their shady history but the price always makes me choke a bit.

SnorseWhisperer

Post by SnorseWhisperer » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:46 pm

TheFuzzyBear wrote:
Meary wrote:Android8's website says more toys from Brendan Monroe are coming, anyone hear anything about those?
There was an interview/ studio visit and there were some really wicked figures in the background, I can only hope those were them. I'll see if I can find that someplace.

[ Added: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:20 pm ]

Brendan Monroe Studio Visit

[-o< Please God, if there are more Monroe figs in the pipe let anybody but Android 8 produce and release them.
Stuff I Want
- DX Skull Kuns
- Kaws x Pus Silver
- Kozik RXH Mutant Evil - pickle or murder
frank kozik wrote:sending me this is like showing Elvis a bucket of fried chicken and downers.

PM Me!

harket

Post by harket » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:01 am

svenman wrote:
vinyljunkeeeee wrote:ahaha 'all gone tits up' means that its ''all gone wrong'
tis an english-ism :) lol
that made me giggle, thanks for breaking up my work day ! :)

thasss right! sort of similar to 'all gone pear-shaped'!

...and don't forgwet the classic " it's all gone Pete tong ! " hee-hee !

Dave pressler

Sour Debacle

Post by Dave pressler » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:57 pm

I have to put in my 2 cents on this. I sculpted and prototyped the Sour.
I don't own a set. if I want any I have to go to the Bay and shell out too much $$$.
It's disappointing, I won't do it. Great toy though and great to work with BM.

SnorseWhisperer

Re: Sour Debacle

Post by SnorseWhisperer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:46 pm

Dave pressler wrote:I have to put in my 2 cents on this. I sculpted and prototyped the Sour.
I don't own a set. if I want any I have to go to the Bay and shell out too much $$$.

Unbelievable........just when I think I've heard it all.

You had as big a hand in its creation as anyone. That is seriously F'd up. Sorry to hear it. [-(
Stuff I Want
- DX Skull Kuns
- Kaws x Pus Silver
frank kozik wrote:sending me this is like showing Elvis a bucket of fried chicken and downers.

PM Me!

Meary

Post by Meary » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:58 pm

Thats a shame, especially since he apparently gave them away for free to some forum members. Great work on the toy though, it's one of the best.

item

Re: Sour Debacle

Post by item » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:33 am

Dave pressler wrote:I have to put in my 2 cents on this. I sculpted and prototyped the Sour.

That is pretty disappointing to hear. Sours were such an amazing release and should have had a follow-up by now.

Dave pressler

Sours

Post by Dave pressler » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:01 am

At least I have the master molds, I think I going to cast up 3 and paint them myself.
That way I'll have them to look at! :-D

dunnyhunny

Post by dunnyhunny » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:07 pm

Ooohh, can you make me one, too? Pretty please. I'll keep it on the dl. I have all except the red one.

8-[

P.S. Thanks, everyone, for the background history. When I posted a picture of my orange Sour that I picked up last year, glen (KR username: fleeceonbrain) pm'd me and asked where I got it from and how much it cost.
Desperately seeking black Benny and Red Bird, thanks

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Sean Sherk, you're dead!"...BJ Penn

SnorseWhisperer

Re: Sours

Post by SnorseWhisperer » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:34 pm

Dave pressler wrote:At least I have the master molds, I think I going to cast up 3 and paint them myself.
That way I'll have them to look at! :-D

DO IT!!!!! :rock:
Stuff I Want
- DX Skull Kuns
- Kaws x Pus Silver

PM Me!