forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: THE THUNDERDOG REPORT
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:52 am 

Hello hello everyone.

I know a lot of you have been awaiting some info from us, so low and behold here it is.

None of our intentions have changed for our upcoming releases (Billy Bananas, Thundermutts etc.), it's just taken a long long time. We've always followed through on our word and always will - but when things take a long time, I know it makes people angry, impatient and all of that. So I formally and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences our delays have caused. We love all of you guys and love making toys and don't ever want that to change. Plus, we're not going anywhere so don't expect us to fall off the face of the earth or not come through on our end of the bargain.

That being said, we have had some pretty hard luck with our toy production over the last 1.5 years - delays, factory errors etc. and it's taken some time to recover, regroup and re-energize. Last year basically SUCKED for us on many accounts. But things have been kick *ss internally for Tdog this year and our ducks are auspiciously in a row and we're psyched to finally come through with the goods.

First: BILLY BANANAS

I'm sooo happy to hear all the great feedback, I love this little guy and can't wait to get him here.
Our factory is shooting to deliver them for SDCC (fingers crossed). There will also be a New York release.
And, they are NOT blind boxed. There are 5 colorways, 300 pcs of each - yet there are BLIND accessories.
There are 3 accessories (40oz, Dice and Anvil). 300 pcs of each accessory, randomly assorted through out the total run of 1500pcs.

There will be another Glow edition exclusive to ToyQube (and yes it will glow!). The details of which are being worked out now and will hopefully be available at the same time as the rest. For those of you who bought the original 'psyche' glow, Toyqube and I will announce the terms soon. It will be discounted for you with extra goodies and well worth your wait. Please stay tuned for the final info on this. (Also, to clarify - the original factory error was not ToyQube's responsibility, and fingers shouldn't be pointed at them. They've been awesome in this process and we're working together to make everyone happy campers.)

Second: THUNDERMUTT & THE MUTT CLUB!

Lots of goodness to report here. Thanks again to all the MUTT CLUBBERS who have been so patient, I know it's been a long while. The next batch of MUTTS (Black and Silver 14.5 and the MUTT CLUB EXCLUSIVE Black & Silver FILTH MUTT) - is scheduled to arrive mid-May.

This whole series will have some awesome, chase, hand made artworks hidden in the heads. Yet MUTT CLUBBERS will bet getting full sets with all hidden items, Plus an extra item only found inside the FILTH MUTT.

And, for your amazing patience Thunderdog will be giving all MUTT CLUB members this whole set of 5 - Free of Charge - plus the bonus goodies. Including shipping god damn it. This is the least we can do and again, my sincere apologies for the delay.

THUNDERMUTT 3.0 is also in queue for production, I assume we'll have our hands on it end of summer, which would be great. Each one comes with a numbered, metal silk screen print.

All I ask, is that you keep your eyes on your mail boxes and 'believe it when you see it'.

Anyway, that's the majority of the info I have for now. I can't help the fact that some of you are pissed off at the delays, but we're coming through on our promises as best as possible and doing the best we can! Thanks to all of you who have been so kind and patient with us.

I'll be on line for the next few hours to answer any questions...and for all the haters out there...flame on!

Big up!

BIG TRIS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:56 am 

WOOO! Good news! i cant wait for the TMutss to drop! \:D/

My Toy Sale!: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=120549

Good BST Transactions- mzKaydi, xblMANIMAL X a gajillion times, streakzzZZ, busizem718, MaurinQuina22, dodgrr, jenkaos, lalolo, FAS, NICBROWN, and the list continues...

ToyBaroness wrote:
Congrats on the Best Thread Title Ever.

^I WIN!

Last edited by AznSoFTii on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:57 am 

make more dunnys tristan lol~!!!

phaughey,smorkin_love,adigitalcure,MrMongoose, Icon84,kidstartexas,The Boy Wunder, Shauni55,nerbous,uhmski, the naked one
Sign Here If you love lucky cats
dream came true

too long
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148684

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:58 am 

YUP!

The rest of the Black & Silver Mutts will be going to Wholesale, so you can get them at a store near you.

Word.

[ Added: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:00 am ]
More Dunnys? Ha ha. We'll see about that...I think they're booked for the next ten years probably! Wouldn't mind dropping another 20" tho that's for sure...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:02 am 

how do you become a muttclubber?! i want that filth exclusive. thanks for any info

Good BST Transactions- mzKaydi, xblMANIMAL X a gajillion times, streakzzZZ, busizem718, MaurinQuina22, dodgrr, jenkaos, lalolo, FAS, NICBROWN, and the list continues...

ToyBaroness wrote:

^I WIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:05 am 

Well, we're going to finish taking care of the current CLUB members before we consider opening it up again. But I'm sure a few clubbers will be puttin em up on the bay...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:10 am 

alright =D hahaha hopefully the prices wont be too outrageous. just curious is it like a blog kinda thing or is it like a subscriber kinda thing? thanks! really appreciate the info straight from the artist!

ToyBaroness wrote:

^I WIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:14 am 

Is there any vinyl Runts in the works, that would be dope. Favorite plush of all time

www.myspace.com/ryanwelcher66
My Collection
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.ph ... 84#1181884
ImageImage
www.gnosisstore.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:16 am 

I'll answer the RUNT question in a couple of months (wink).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:17 am 

sweet :rock:

www.myspace.com/ryanwelcher66
My Collection
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.ph ... 84#1181884
ImageImage
www.gnosisstore.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:17 am 

It's really cool to read an artist that truly is looking out for his fans. That's some great customer service! :prayer:

Wants: Banksy Prints, Coarsetoys Paw, kaNO Canvases

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:25 am 

zonnie5 wrote:
It's really cool to read an artist that truly is looking out for his fans. That's some great customer service! :prayer:

Thanks. We are guilty of being a little too quite on the radio frequency from time to time for sure...small team = work overload = communication delays. We're working on it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:46 am 

BIG TRIS wrote:
zonnie5 wrote:

Thanks. We are guilty of being a little too quite on the radio frequency from time to time for sure...small team = work overload = communication delays. We're working on it!

If you ever need help i analyze CS for a living lol :-k

Wants: Banksy Prints, Coarsetoys Paw, kaNO Canvases

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:54 am 

ok you twisted my arm... all take 'em :P Wuz wonderin about those black/silver mutts. Can't wait to see 'em up close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:20 am 

Yeah, the black and silvers came out reeeeally nice. I'm trying to make every Thudnerdog toy in those colors. Raiders style!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:42 am 

i have been faithful to the mutts since day 1!!!

once i saw the reason the mutts were delayed, i was ok with waiting. PLUS, our membership was extended, so i always figured, tristan was going to come thru.

and then they hit the HOMERUN with this news!

its gonna be awesome. i LOVE the mutts.

and i will be joining again, if they have another round of memberships.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:24 am 

:prayer:

Tris.... any plans for a large TM release party like you did with the first 5 TM14 in NY...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:50 am 

Hmmm.

The only MUTT party I've thought about was maybe doing something in Portland with FILTH (who just moved there).

Could be cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:49 am 

what about the D? we miss you out here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:27 am 

Gave the D this little piece of love a few weeks ago...cover of Real Detroit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:29 am 

BIG TRIS wrote:

No crime? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:32 am 

i swore i saw you in some events sissay

phaughey,smorkin_love,adigitalcure,MrMongoose, Icon84,kidstartexas,The Boy Wunder, Shauni55,nerbous,uhmski, the naked one
dream came true

too long

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:54 am 

Forgive me if this has been covered in this thread or somewhere else (link please if so).....

I saw a pic of you awhile back (possibly at Skets opening a lil bit ago) with what appeared to be a 3D tag in vinyl??? like a big version of a MadVandal throwie.....what was that? is it going to be produced?? when???

any info any might have is appreciated.... i'll see if i can find the pic in question

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:34 am 

BIG TRIS wrote:

i saw that, but i missed the sneaker show and the fringe fest. what did you put up there?

also congrats on the scion campaign .. wanna customize my tC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:11 am 

lol tristan! that PB dunny with teh rump eh lolol! \:D/

dream came true

too long

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next