New Billy Bananas Editions

Discuss all the upcoming figures from US artists, as well as companies like Critterbox, Circus Punks, Friends With You, UnklBrand and of course Kidrobot!
NICBROWN

Post by NICBROWN » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:30 am

60.00 DUCKS FOR BLIND BOX BB..KEEP DREAMING ON THAT BS..

jhoo04

Post by jhoo04 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:45 am

Tristan just please address this situation and rectify it. If you really do want to keep some of your fans you'll at least give us that much.
it's all about the running dots...
www.dullclothes.com

drinkh2so4

Post by drinkh2so4 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:01 am

jhoo04 wrote:Tristan just please address this situation and rectify it. If you really do want to keep some of your fans you'll at least give us that much.

This is hilarious...You think he will get on here himself and catch flak. ESP since I guarantee he doesnt have a solution anyway.

Just like Thomas Han got on here to clear up his situation too........ [-(
Zma wrote:....

Is this satire... because I don't get it.

Buy My Art
Feel My Heat

NICBROWN

Post by NICBROWN » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

drinkh2so4 wrote:This is hilarious...You think he will get on here himself and catch flak. ESP since I guarantee he doesnt have a solution anyway.[-(

mp46

Post by mp46 » Fri May 02, 2008 6:41 pm

bump
Good trade/sell/purchase with:

nameBRAND,Fifizzle,tactics,ritedere,
richardtharbaug,LUCKY13,o_kedoki,
Kataetrophe,ericericeric,BFLV,Altion,
Enderz,tommynathan,thisbwill,
ThinkBlueCount2,oudwizard,haveford,
flapjack,Ozzy,mankac,4pkboy,typo21,
wizeguy,Ghostbuster,puppertbrain,
jebcrow,sandman,munkyman,chris,
motorbot,yakumo,Harry Oh,Jables,
Scary,Andy,kyosuke,dinkyhktoyz,

shoparooni

Post by shoparooni » Fri May 02, 2008 7:11 pm

rottierook wrote:
ToyQube wrote:H2OBear, And pls correct your post of the email address. You are just pointing to a wrong guy.

-Keith

We have to go somewhere and since your shop was the sellers of the Billy Bananas x-ray version you are somewhat responsible for selling a product that wasn't up to spec. So actually you are responsible. You should at least help the people you sold a product too get some kind of satisfaction. It's just common sense, it's called customer satisfaction.

Yes, it may be out of your hands, but pointing fingers and saying sorry guys it's not my fault isn't helping your customers. I'm sure the profits you made from selling the fake x-ray billy helped you out.

ToyQube is waiting for the product, just like everyone else. They can't snap their fingers and magically make production happen.

As for the "profits" they made, I can tell you as a retailer that the markup on a lot of this stuff is total crap. By the time you've had the stuff shipped to you, processed it, shipped it to customers, etc etc...you've made $5 on a $50 toy.

I'm not saying this wasn't mishandled. I'm just saying that it looks like ToyQube got just as screwed as everyone who bought the BB figure.

I'm also not saying anyone should be particularly patient or forgiving. But make sure you hurl your blame where it's due, and not at someone who got caught in the crossfire of the whole thing.

ToyQube

Post by ToyQube » Fri May 02, 2008 7:52 pm

shoparooni

Post by shoparooni » Fri May 02, 2008 8:36 pm

ToyQube wrote:More Info from T-Dog

Thx...

...and there you go.

It's been addressed recently, it's being rectified, and everyone's going to be taken care of.

Stuff like this totally sucks for EVERYONE, but message board flame wars aren't going to move things along any faster.

Let's play nice, huh?

another-waver

Post by another-waver » Fri May 02, 2008 8:47 pm

shoparooni wrote:message board flame wars aren't going to move things along any faster.

Actually it looks to me like the understandbly angry customers (flamers, if that what you want to call them) were what actually got this issue addressed after a ridiculously long time. That and the fact that Tris is putting out new toys and needs to rebuild his fan base. It's really not fair to portray Thunderdog's long-ignored cutomers as starting flame wars. They just want their product or their money back. Nothing wrong with that.

shoparooni

Post by shoparooni » Fri May 02, 2008 10:47 pm

another-waver wrote:
shoparooni wrote:message board flame wars aren't going to move things along any faster.

Actually it looks to me like the understandbly angry customers (flamers, if that what you want to call them) were what actually got this issue addressed after a ridiculously long time. That and the fact that Tris is putting out new toys and needs to rebuild his fan base. It's really not fair to portray Thunderdog's long-ignored cutomers as starting flame wars. They just want their product or their money back. Nothing wrong with that.

Gah! I'm not trying to downplay the frustration or say that it's not justified.

Just seems like a lot of ticked off people jumping on ToyQube even though they're just as screwed as you are...moreso, since their reputation has taken a hit over the whole debacle.

I'm just curious...did everyone who posted in this thread take the time to mail-bomb Thunderdog over this? Seems like in a lot of cases (not just here, not just vinyl) everyone is real quick to make noise on message boards about something but they never get around to hounding the manufacturer directly.

I'm not part of this, and I'm only commenting on what I've read, but I just feel like this could have been handled more efficiently and productively....from all sides.

Not trying to say that anyone shouldn't be ticked, or that they aren't justified in it. I'd be raging. But I'd be raging by flooding Tristan's e-mail and PM box instead of being all over ToyQube.

leadie

Post by leadie » Fri May 02, 2008 11:41 pm

After rereading the thread, I don't think there were really that many folks irate with TQube. The majority seemed to direct their anger on T-Dog. And rightly so, they produced a defective product. Hopefully they've straightened QC out for any upcoming releases. If QC isn't up to snuff then they shouldn't be releasing anything.
Good B/S/T with bubblegumking, sleep, SM_DOOM, doughyboy, oversprayed, LUCKY13, kidrolito, aka-man

shoparooni

Post by shoparooni » Sat May 03, 2008 12:33 am

leadie wrote:After rereading the thread, I don't think there were really that many folks irate with TQube. The majority seemed to direct their anger on T-Dog. And rightly so, they produced a defective product. Hopefully they've straightened QC out for any upcoming releases. If QC isn't up to snuff then they shouldn't be releasing anything.

After re-reading the thread, you're right.

As a retailer, I get really jumpy about getting blamed for manufacturer issues so I think I overstepped a bit. Sorry to anyone I irritated, I was really just hoping to cool this whole thing off a bit. This forum is such an incredible resource, and I really hate the idea of someone getting into vinyl coming here and finding stuff like this...it's the sort of thing that can really turn someone off quickly.

It seems like Tristan has stepped on his tongue with this one, and the lack of timely communication with his fans just made it worse. Hopefully the whole thing gets straightened out soon. He's a hell of an artist, and I always hate seeing when people try to make the jump from artist to business and land on their face....

BIG TRIS

Post by BIG TRIS » Sat May 03, 2008 5:58 am

Hmmm. Nice thread.

Couple things to respond to here...(might be long winded)

First - we never stopped our plan to rectify this situation. Just because we're not all over the massage board doesn't mean things aren't happening. For the most part, if there's no news, there's nothing to report. The motion of correcting this has taken a long long time. The factory that has the mold literally moves at a snails pace and was pretty much out of communication for a long time. Whatever - It's back in motion and we're doing everything we said we'd do.

Second - We did not receive any emails about this from any of you, this whole flame war was contained only in this thread. We are always open, and available to communicate. Always have been, always will. If you got a problem - come to us direct. Flaming on the boards only shows that you are A. bored B. un-resourceful or C. Just not a nice person.

Third - We are not like other toy companies. We are a design studio and from time to time, we release art based product. We don't have a store, we don't have scheduled releases, nor a staff just for customer service, production, retail etc. It's just a few of us over here and we do the best we can. But we always accept responsibility for our actions. It is hard when we're held to the standards of other, bigger companies.

That being said - we're a small company doing big things. Before we released toys, we had been in good business globally for years in many markets: Marketing, advertising, fashion, exhibitions, licensing, design etc. And still are.

Although, toys have been our love and (for the noobs out there who don't know) we've been in it longer than most - having helped the very launch of Kidrobot itself. We literally helped build this whole thing and fostered many artists into the game...so in other words, we GET IT.

QC, Customer Service, good ideas, good design - these are essential for us. As we grow a few mistakes or bumps in the road are innevitable. The important thing is that we correct them, move on and keep on contributing to this medium in ways that are IMPORTANT first, profitable second.

I adore all of the people that support us and cringe at the thought of disgruntled fans - but time is an amazing thing, and we're dedicated to the long run in this game and don't doubt the best of you will be there with us.

Anyway, my feeling is that people can hate all they want - but time will show our true colors. So I don't worry.

Sorry for the long post.

For future concerns regarding Thunderdog releases email: info@thunderdogstudios.com

BIG TRIS.

SnorseWhisperer

Post by SnorseWhisperer » Sat May 03, 2008 7:11 am

Glad to see you here, and I hope this all gets cleaned up - soon.

As to not receiving any e-mails from anyone I'll add the following link just for reference.

http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=70909&start=225
Stuff I Want
- DX Skull Kuns
- Kaws x Pus Silver
- Kozik RXH Mutant Evil - pickle or murder
frank kozik wrote:sending me this is like showing Elvis a bucket of fried chicken and downers.

PM Me!

shoparooni

Post by shoparooni » Sat May 03, 2008 8:46 am

BIG TRIS wrote:Hmmm. Nice thread.

(Lots of stuff addressing all concerns)

For future concerns regarding Thunderdog releases email: info@thunderdogstudios.com

BIG TRIS.

Awesome.

:)

drinkh2so4

Post by drinkh2so4 » Sat May 03, 2008 8:56 am

I adore all of the people that support us and cringe at the thought of disgruntled fans - but time is an amazing thing, and we're dedicated to the long run in this game and don't doubt the best of you will be there with us.

This is the thing, alot of your supporters are the ones that are gonna be here through thick and thin. For this reason non communication is NOT acceptable. I dont care if your a small company. I dont care if your a one man band (aka Thomas Han). If you've screwed up you dont disappear. You say you havent communicated bc there was no news.... Whatever.... It would be better for you to come on at least once every 3 weeks if only to let us know that its still being worked on and we arent forgotten.

With all the stuff that has gone wrong with Thunderdog Studios at the same time last year you would think you would have been on top of communication to try to make sure people knew you were trying to fix things. Heck share an e-mail or conversation you've had with factories since they have been the source of so much of your headache. Its just that no communication at all is nothing but shooting yourself in the foot and a slap to our faces. Did you not pay attention to the Thomas Han fiasco?

That being said I love almost everything Thunderdog puts out, but with all the stuff thats been pulled lately as far as I'm concerned at the moment I'm kinda done.
Zma wrote:....

Is this satire... because I don't get it.

Buy My Art
Feel My Heat

Scary Andy

Post by Scary Andy » Sat May 03, 2008 3:26 pm

After nearly 12 months of nuthin' . . . . the appearance of new Thunderdogg products to hype and suddenly Tris is a posting machine! . . . :-s

I guess it's lucky a lot of todays collectors have the memory span of yer average goldfish! :badgrin:

D-LuX

Post by D-LuX » Sat May 03, 2008 10:33 pm

I think the only problem, I, and most had with the X-rax was... It was marketed as GID... yet someone had to approve the samples... When they arrived atTD, or TQ, someone should have cracked them open and checked them out... I know when we get new toys, we crack em open... check their glow... etc... Seems like they slipped through way too many hands, just to fall in customers hands with disappointment... TQ paid for the exclusive run, they really should have been the ones to make sure these were what was promised.

That being said... I'm glad whatever production issues have been cleared up, and hopefully we'll get a new GID from TQ soon....

bzx002

Post by bzx002 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:17 am

BIG TRIS wrote:Hmmm. Nice thread.

Couple things to respond to here...(might be long winded)

First - we never stopped our plan to rectify this situation. Just because we're not all over the massage board doesn't mean things aren't happening. For the most part, if there's no news, there's nothing to report. The motion of correcting this has taken a long long time. The factory that has the mold literally moves at a snails pace and was pretty much out of communication for a long time. Whatever - It's back in motion and we're doing everything we said we'd do.

Second - We did not receive any emails about this from any of you, this whole flame war was contained only in this thread. We are always open, and available to communicate. Always have been, always will. If you got a problem - come to us direct. Flaming on the boards only shows that you are A. bored B. un-resourceful or C. Just not a nice person.

Third - We are not like other toy companies. We are a design studio and from time to time, we release art based product. We don't have a store, we don't have scheduled releases, nor a staff just for customer service, production, retail etc. It's just a few of us over here and we do the best we can. But we always accept responsibility for our actions. It is hard when we're held to the standards of other, bigger companies.

That being said - we're a small company doing big things. Before we released toys, we had been in good business globally for years in many markets: Marketing, advertising, fashion, exhibitions, licensing, design etc. And still are.

Although, toys have been our love and (for the noobs out there who don't know) we've been in it longer than most - having helped the very launch of Kidrobot itself. We literally helped build this whole thing and fostered many artists into the game...so in other words, we GET IT.

QC, Customer Service, good ideas, good design - these are essential for us. As we grow a few mistakes or bumps in the road are innevitable. The important thing is that we correct them, move on and keep on contributing to this medium in ways that are IMPORTANT first, profitable second.

Anyway, my feeling is that people can hate all they want - but time will show our true colors. So I don't worry.

Sorry for the long post.

BIG TRIS.

Crap,pure and simple.I'm tired of artists with "cred" saying "oh you don't get it" to people who have lost their hard earned money to laziness.People aren't stupid.They see all the artshows and new toys.This isn't ONE mistake.You messed up the Mutts and Billy.Get it together,and don't blame others,flamin or not.

And when you owe something to someone,its not their job to search out you.You make it right.