forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:10 pm 

Hey,

I want to know what everyone thinks of Molly, the first offering in Muttpop's line of Oban Star Racers toys.

I'm especially wondering what Muttpop collectors think of this new toy. How many of you will continue to collect ALL of Muttpops offerings, and how many will stick with just the Lucha Libre Releases for their needs as a completists?

Personally, I'm not really feeling this colorway, but I'll reserve judgement until the next few are revealed.

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:34 pm 

it's alright, but i don't know anything about the oban back story.
i think i'd need to see it in person before i considered collecting all that 'pop puts out.

GID Spicy

Last edited by suffy on Sat May 31, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:13 am 

I'm sticking with the Lucha series myself. I respect Muttpop for broadening their portfolio, but it's just not for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:26 am 

When will Muttpop release another 100000x colorways for one figure?

Sorry don't mean to rain on Muttpop's parade, but I think the lucha figures are cool, it's just the colorways that kill it for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:49 am 

AW177 wrote:
When will Muttpop release another 100000x colorways for one figure?

Sorry don't mean to rain on Muttpop's parade, but I think the lucha figures are cool, it's just the colorways that kill it for me.

You know I was totally with you on this AW177 until I started picking up more Mutt the past few months. These really are quality pieces in person and to be honest, the colorways really add to the line for me. I'll put a BB El Panda up against anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:58 am 

I'm sure the colorways are great for those that wanted more variety in the line, but to me, it just seemed like Muttpop was flooding the market w/ the same sculpt but different colors. I kept my Kozik Tequila and can't imagine selling it, but my Kozik El Panda needs to go - just waaaaaay too many colorways!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:40 am 

For now, i'm sticking with the Luchadores Line, I am a completist, so the additional colorways do suck!! So I just have the O.G. colors, except for the tequila, still haven't found it at a decent price. The Balck BEAN el panda is most def an awesome piece, that's one colorway I wish I can get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:45 am 

I love me some Muttpop too, but I'm not quite on the boat with this one. As others have stated, I'd like to see the figure before I dismiss it. But, it just doesn't speak to me like the Lucha Libre figures.

I LOVE TRADES! WTB or open to trades for Koibitos / OG Lapins & Astrolapins (especially the playlounge bubblegum & Astrolapin in California) / OG Treeson / Neth Creatures / Michael Lau Pascagoula Aliens ~ Off World Creatures- Clear & White / Vivesect Visell Chase / Orange and Red Sours / Green Fatima / Doze Green Travela / Turtlecampers and OG Bunnyvan / Chueh stuff / Bigfoot Green and Brown / Big King Kens / KAWS Stormtrooper and Vader / 3A / Dok A / Biskup Helpers / Handmades and OGs

Here's my sales thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=173172

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:02 pm 

Muttpop has 8 standard colorways now: the regular, classico, black bean, GID, pop culture, kozik, and the puro and smoked. I'm under the impression that they'll be sticking to those 8 in the future, and the reason that there were so many El Panda colors was because they were experimenting.

I'm gonna have to agree with Item on this one, the colorways really make my collection. If I really like a toy, I'm always wanting more. There's just something about lining up a bunch of Demons or Pandas that makes them look cooler. Plus, for the quality you are getting from these toys, the price tag is pretty low, making collecting all of the colorways pretty attainable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:58 pm 

i'm sticking with the lucha line, but people should support there muttpop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:18 pm 

How come no one complains about the bazillion Dunny colorways?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:47 pm 

item wrote:

Cuz dunnys are cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:14 pm 

item wrote:

I think it's because the Dunny is a platform toy and the Muttpop figures aren't.

And as for dunnies being cool....well err no comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:28 pm 

That GID spicy looks cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:49 pm 

ive never seen oban, except for a few clips on youtube..i wasnt totally into it, but this molly fig is sweet. ive been following it for awhile; its quality. i think i like it so much because it reminds me of something out of final fantasy, or a steampunk something or other. im getting it when it comes out. theyre still tweaking the colors on her so says the muttpop site..

Jon Knox/Hello, Brute
Buff Monster Healymade resins
Any other cool interesting resin
Vannen Watches

Also open to other interesting trades.

My Sale/Trade thread:
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=133113

Good Transactions With:Click here

trampt.com/u/paulsolorzano
facebook.com/paulsolorzano
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulsolorzano/
rotocasted.com/iamthewinter
Instagram: paulsolorzano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:53 pm 

Won't be grabbing these.

Also, the only reason there are TONS of el panda's is muttpop used it as a testing ground.

Personally, i love the colorways they have chosen, i wish they would've stuck with the raws though, but hey different factory :P

Other Wants: http://trampt.com/users/envex/want

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:55 pm 

I saw the pictures at the Muttpop website and will be likely adding this piece to my collection. I liked that way it looked and that is usually enough to get it into my collection.
The multiple color ways are a pain to buy, but do look awesome lined up on a shelf. Anyone have or know of anyone selling a Black Bean El Panda for a reasonable price? I missed that one.

D'oh,
Homer J

Had Good dealings with: Cameron, pennjones, puppetbrain, photoman222, Yardarm51, phazeonedj, woooooops, Quest1, dolefee, kngwiz, nerbous, low_pro, Retro603, iamthewinter, M00DSWING7, lxipinoyxl, sillynickers, zonrboy, STP03bluesi, vpcwiu, beccamaihato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:57 pm 

i don't dig it enough to buy. i'm still going to keep collecting the lucha libre figures. they're always high quality figures. except the gobis. sometimes i have to heat them to stand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:59 am 

Not a big enough fan to warrent the purchase...I'll be sticking with the Lucha series and the comic books.

Fantastic deals: sadistic spork, Aussietoyrama, joshua, Enderz, creaturion,Jackcuzzy, gamugamo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:50 am 

Quote:
missilekind said:
i don't dig it enough to buy. i'm still going to keep collecting the lucha libre figures. they're always high quality figures. except the gobis. sometimes i have to heat them to stand.

I've had the same problem with my Gobi's! Two of them keep falling over all the time and I keep having to heat them. However, they look great when they do stand up so I love them like all my other children <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:07 am 

Sticking with Lucha. I learned the error of my ways with trying to collect everything from particuliar production companies. Some pieces just don't do anything for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:49 pm 

:prayer: long live lucha libre :prayer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:07 pm 

I think the standard Molly looks great, I'll be picking one up...

I have at least one of the rest of their figures, and feel no pressure to get all colourways... (I have bought certain variants of them when/if they appeal to me)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:57 pm 

I only purchase one colourway, whichever appeals to me most. In most cases, these are the originals.

As for Oban Star Racers, I am not yet sure if it's a series I'll dive into. I love Muttpop but so far only Lucha Libre and the minis truly appeal to me. Molly isn't too special in design so I'll probably pick her up only if I like the figures to follow.

ImageImage

Great Transactions with:
U-A-N-V, globeboxxr, kyosuke, FericFanatic, scottygee, mzkayDi, Retro603, sindekat, misterkart, del730, Autodactyl, spankystokes, meatloaf, KidrobotNY, richL, analog101, kngwiz, YummyOreos, sym408, inknart, happysusan2001, blu3h3ylo, renderit1, Dodecahedron, Peter_Awesome

Pending Transactions with: ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:36 am 

Don't knwo a thing about that Molly, too.
But the original color looks good to me.
I might get one and see if I want to complete it.

(already get pretty hard time on completing LUCHA LIBRE & KFGU actually...)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next