NYCC First Day any good?

Post upcoming shows and events happening in your area. Also post pics of events that have passed.

Moderators: Kidrobot Guru, zonnie5

clevetheripper

NYCC First Day any good?

Post by clevetheripper » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:48 pm

I might have an opportunity to hit up NYCC on the first day (Thursday) and wanted to know if the first day is good (toy releases, panels (not necessarily having to do w/ the toy scene), etc... or should I set my expectations low/not even bother?
Good Trades: j0nwalsh, lamey_the_bgp, NinJaSkills, Dim1011, robbieXeff
Good Seller: knave, KaDunny, riddlped, Rsinart, saucemoola
Good Buyer: KidRobotXXIV

whitefalconTLE

Re: NYCC First Day any good?

Post by whitefalconTLE » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:15 pm

clevetheripper wrote:I might have an opportunity to hit up NYCC on the first day (Thursday) and wanted to know if the first day is good (toy releases, panels (not necessarily having to do w/ the toy scene), etc... or should I set my expectations low/not even bother?
I've been to Thursday only the last 2 years and I loved it. Had some good releases, it's great for customs/one offs if that's you're thing because it's the first day they're available, and possibly for releases as well (got the Scott Wilkowski dunnys last year, don't know which exclusives are releasing on Thursday this year).

As far as panels, it's not the best on Thursdays but keep an eye out. Last year there was nothing for me panel wise but the year before I got to see the Bob's Burgers panel which was great.
GREAT TRANSACTIONS with board members: frostymug, Kluc, physchopainter, bigbad99, i12punk, Turcicus, tekman8, datoyattic, johnnybagadonuts, garbagedick, JayJayFool, j0nwalsh, ardabusrubber, Ash_Kbear, Rmetz27, Dominick1080, Lfarnc, deathtollzero, realtyguy808, soljah52, johnrussellf, sinbad77, Arcady, Blessed88 (sorry if I missed anyone, they've almost all have been great though!)

If you have any Nikejerk Customs for sale or trade please let me know, Thank you

MY COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=175743&p=2318299&hilit=Ty%27s+customs+chomping+at+the+bit#p2318299