forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DCON 2016
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:11 am 

They are adding a 3rd hall.
OH MY

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

Post subject: Re: DCON 2016
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:45 am 

hopefully it's not just the scraps in the third one. and they put one of the big names over there so people have a reason to leave the main building

sales thread http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?p=2065190#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

>>>DO NOT SUPPORT DEKORNER, Toy Tokyo
Bad dealings/shady people: griffndunn, Ktnboy, QNguyen/TRgear<<<

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:18 pm 

This is great news. They had so many artists last year that had to struggle to find a place. It should be an unreal amount of great stuff this year.

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:38 pm 

paul wrote:
This is great news. They had so many artists last year that had to struggle to find a place. It should be an unreal amount of great stuff this year.

Where is the other room?

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:56 pm 

Sweet! where did you hear this news from?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:13 am 

I'm so excited for DCON!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:00 am 

looks up the venue. http://pasadenacenter.visitpasadena.com/facility/ i guess maybe make exhibit hall C a thing? im pretty sure they already use ballroom and exhibit hall A and B.

thanks to Vapdee, Babyfreak6, Metatron1050, and Freakinkram88 for the Obey Dunnys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:22 pm 

im going for sure this year!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:01 pm 

Stoked for this to be my first toy convention! Is one day enough?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:14 am 

mdelatorre89 wrote:
Stoked for this to be my first toy convention! Is one day enough?

for the most part saturday would be enough for anybody. but some artist do wait until sunday to release their toys through raffel. it all depends on what you are after.

thanks to Vapdee, Babyfreak6, Metatron1050, and Freakinkram88 for the Obey Dunnys

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:44 pm 

website has been updated. they are using the other building to host vendors. the list looks amazing. really can not wait to go.

http://www.designercon.com/

not to sure about the after party. so much is usually already going on.if i knew what artists would be there and exclusives would help

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:08 pm 

I understand that prices would raise because they added another Hall, but it was $5 per day last year right?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:05 pm 

Not sure what to expect, but seems like Saturday will be the day. Always looking to add to the collection, so prob better to get first swing at whats around.

Any idea when artists will be announced?
Also are fakes something to worry about with the vendors there?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:03 am 

I really wish I could make it out to this. From what I've seen on instagram there will be some phenomenal customs.

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62
Great Buyers: Counterbalance
Great Trades: DManTX, MattPower
Muled for: patrick40, ShizRobot, kgyure

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:29 pm 

I am once again offering my muling services for DCON 2016. I ask for any and all information you may have about what you want, and payment upfront for the cost of the toy. Shipping and tip are determined afterwards. Some people tip a lot, some a little, it's up to you.

I have a 95% track record of success. I miss a couple things every year, but that is given in a convention that is growing exponentially. Anyways, please PM me or contact me on Instagram @hellscrape if you are looking for assistance. Thanks for your time.

GOOD B/S/T: Nicopanda, Turnone, Chapper, Tnbrother, Nutter, Amethystcape, Turdhole (x2), Mrsmonster, Xmeat11ballX, rustedhalo, 666doll (x2), supershallow, bk_bk, zonrboy, markie_darkie, wingnut80, tvdang, kannaya24 (x2), dro333, nerps, Retro603, kom22, dunnydave, ohiheartyoux, JEEMAC, spungee, dunnyjake, dphear, ROCSone, TO Designs, CurseTheSeen, Saulvation, Teez, invader_chip, shibori, x661x, mooshysushi (x2), jjH8te, patrick40, Naturaljoe, spitfire, DrftDrgn21, nrk3, Bundleofjon, Lazanti, vinyladdict, deathtollzero, Merlin, genejo, RessTroop, Norms, lediscode, giantplasticmonster, Peter_Awesome, Mz59Fifty, rostahmicahdesign, jonnyboi017, locksmith

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:47 pm 

OH GLORIOUS DAY!!!!

Sales Thread
Adventure Time Project

Cezza_4 wrote:
Foto Junkaay; baker, vinyl lover, heart breaker.

There's not much more to it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:55 am 

DCON!!! whos going? :partyman:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:55 am 

This is my 8th DCON so if you're looking for a DCON mule, please read below:

1. Please wait to contact me until you have substantial details about the item i.e. the item itself, booth/vendor selling, So this means, do not contact me with "Can you pick me up anything [KR, Coarse,etc] related?" :axe:

2. I will not enter in lotteries, raffles,etc.

3. All payments: item, mule fee, paypal fees (except shipping costs) must be paid up front no later than 3 days before the con.

4. To maybe save some people time , I cannot mule anything from 'Colus'. Already picking up all his offerings for myself.

To contact me: Email me at 666ways2love.mule@gmail.com . Clearly this email is for mule purposes only, so no need to explain that you need DCON muling. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME.. If you PM me, I will read it, laugh, and delete it without replying.

In the subject of the email put the basic description of item(s) i.e. 'Kozik 10" Labbit' 'Ferg Squadt'
In the body of the message please list all information you have available for the item(s), photos if possible, your KR username, and city/state or Country (if international). Exact address is not needed yet.

sales thread http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?p=2065190#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

>>>DO NOT SUPPORT DEKORNER, Toy Tokyo
Bad dealings/shady people: griffndunn, Ktnboy, QNguyen/TRgear<<<

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:46 pm 

666ways2love wrote:
This is my 8th DCON so if you're looking for a DCON mule, please read below:

1. Please wait to contact me until you have substantial details about the item i.e. the item itself, booth/vendor selling, So this means, do not contact me with "Can you pick me up anything [KR, Coarse,etc] related?" :axe:

2. I will not enter in lotteries, raffles,etc.

3. All payments: item, mule fee, paypal fees (except shipping costs) must be paid up front no later than 3 days before the con.

4. To maybe save some people time , I cannot mule anything from 'Colus'. Already picking up all his offerings for myself.

To contact me: Email me at 666ways2love.mule@gmail.com . Clearly this email is for mule purposes only, so no need to explain that you need DCON muling. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME.. If you PM me, I will read it, laugh, and delete it without replying.

In the subject of the email put the basic description of item(s) i.e. 'Kozik 10" Labbit' 'Ferg Squadt'
In the body of the message please list all information you have available for the item(s), photos if possible, your KR username, and city/state or Country (if international). Exact address is not needed yet.

I can confirm 666ways is too legit to quit. He helped hook me up during SDCC. 10/10 would do again.

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62
Great Buyers: Counterbalance
Great Trades: DManTX, MattPower
Muled for: patrick40, ShizRobot, kgyure

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:22 am 

I am gonna start the DCON thread in regular toy area.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:01 pm 

Hello,

I will be attending Dcon this year, and am offering to help people get toys if they cannot attend. I am most easily found via email (victor.e.cordova@gmail.com) or through instagram (@hellscrape). I ask for a deposit in advance to my paypal once we have agreed to what you want. If I cannot get what you are after, expect a refund immediately. Otherwise, we can talk about tip/shipping once I pick up the toy.

Last year I muled over $5000 worth of toys for people all over the world. I was 95% successful, but of course, some toys will fall through my fingertips. If you think I can be of assistance, please get a hold of me.

Thank you!
Victor

GOOD B/S/T: Nicopanda, Turnone, Chapper, Tnbrother, Nutter, Amethystcape, Turdhole (x2), Mrsmonster, Xmeat11ballX, rustedhalo, 666doll (x2), supershallow, bk_bk, zonrboy, markie_darkie, wingnut80, tvdang, kannaya24 (x2), dro333, nerps, Retro603, kom22, dunnydave, ohiheartyoux, JEEMAC, spungee, dunnyjake, dphear, ROCSone, TO Designs, CurseTheSeen, Saulvation, Teez, invader_chip, shibori, x661x, mooshysushi (x2), jjH8te, patrick40, Naturaljoe, spitfire, DrftDrgn21, nrk3, Bundleofjon, Lazanti, vinyladdict, deathtollzero, Merlin, genejo, RessTroop, Norms, lediscode, giantplasticmonster, Peter_Awesome, Mz59Fifty, rostahmicahdesign, jonnyboi017, locksmith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:19 pm 

hellscrape wrote:
Hello,

I will be attending Dcon this year, and am offering to help people get toys if they cannot attend. I am most easily found via email (victor.e.cordova@gmail.com) or through instagram (@hellscrape). I ask for a deposit in advance to my paypal once we have agreed to what you want. If I cannot get what you are after, expect a refund immediately. Otherwise, we can talk about tip/shipping once I pick up the toy.

Last year I muled over $5000 worth of toys for people all over the world. I was 95% successful, but of course, some toys will fall through my fingertips. If you think I can be of assistance, please get a hold of me.

Thank you!
Victor

Can you pick up the pink clear dualbat for me please? Hehe

Sales Thread
Adventure Time Project

Cezza_4 wrote:
Foto Junkaay; baker, vinyl lover, heart breaker.

There's not much more to it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:15 am 

foto junkaay wrote:
hellscrape wrote:
Hello,

Thank you!
Victor

Can you pick up the pink clear dualbat for me please? Hehe

You know that if I get it, it stays with me! :rock: :rock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:01 pm 

Have any of you used the Slack group messaging app? I figured DCon was the perfect time to try it out as a way to meetup and keep in touch.

I created a vinyl toy collector slack group with a dcon section. The purpose would be to keep everyone updated on lottery time, releases, meetups during the 2 days and to chat with other during the event and throughout the year..

Download the app: https://slack.com/downloads

Group: vinyltoycollectors.slack.com
Password: Artisbeauti4ul

You'll see the DCON2016 group once you're logged in.

I've never used it before, but I've heard amazing things.. Let's give it a try!

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:39 am 

just tried to log in.
the app is asking for the email address as well (the address associated with that particular group, not my email address)

noeleaser wrote:
Have any of you used the Slack group messaging app? I figured DCon was the perfect time to try it out as a way to meetup and keep in touch.

I created a vinyl toy collector slack group with a dcon section. The purpose would be to keep everyone updated on lottery time, releases, meetups during the 2 days and to chat with other during the event and throughout the year..

Download the app: https://slack.com/downloads

Group: vinyltoycollectors.slack.com
Password: Artisbeauti4ul

You'll see the DCON2016 group once you're logged in.

I've never used it before, but I've heard amazing things.. Let's give it a try!

good sellers: NotNotARobot, julesatschool, popoyu, rach86, maz78, ginner, trentmatth, SecurityGeek, sn1zln3rd, fredrickisdead, lunabee, jtoki, mrdave, lixx, crippled pigeon, HaynMade, typo21, EBIII, Shankweather, dunnyjake
good buyers: alaina, rco, tr3e, multpersonality, fes, jenifirst, mrdave, SerpentTongue, badtz313, citizenwayne, aruss, fast1590, Spooky+
good trades: bk_bk, sn1zln3rd, gazpacho, ZAM, g-bo, jazzydan, turnone, BoxingXius, Dupper, delusionalexit2, marly_k

my collection: http://rotocasted.com/amavevera/