Luke Chueh, Tim Biskup, Blaine Fontana OG's & Print For

Collectors can buy, sell, and trade toys, prints and customs. Or you can post your wishlist for items you need. Note: professional sellers and stores are strictly forbidden from posting here. PLEASE READ THE RULES!
User avatar
Social Casualty
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:03 pm
Contact:

Luke Chueh, Tim Biskup, Blaine Fontana OG's & Print For

Post by Social Casualty » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:27 pm

Im looking into selling a small part of my collection. I letting go of some Luke Chueh, Biskup, Fontana pieces along with others. If interested PM me and I will send you a link to my Flicker account so you may check out the pieces available.

If interested please PM me

Cheers



User avatar
uberboy
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:00 pm

Post by uberboy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:12 pm

stick around for a couple months. talk to people. then maybe try to sell something to us. to be honest, it's pretty insulting to us all to try and sell here without first being a productive member in ANY way. we don't know you or anything about you, so trust will be low for any attempted sales.

please hang out and be a member. if you have friends who've been on these boards for awhile who can vouch for you, do that.
otherwise, take it somewhere else please.

User avatar
plandesign39
Posts: 1662
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:07 pm
Location: Denver

Post by plandesign39 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:02 pm

uberboy wrote:stick around for a couple months. talk to people. then maybe try to sell something to us. to be honest, it's pretty insulting to us all to try and sell here without first being a productive member in ANY way. we don't know you or anything about you, so trust will be low for any attempted sales.

please hang out and be a member. if you have friends who've been on these boards for awhile who can vouch for you, do that.
otherwise, take it somewhere else please.


Social Casualty drove over 1,000 miles to personally deliver an original Luke Chueh painting to me. Just because you don't know him doesn't mean he's not a productive member of the community. He uses the same name on other forums where he is very well respected and trusted. The Kidrobot BST is not the end all, be all sales site and a little courtesy wouldn't hurt. I can personally vouch for him and guarantee he's a hell of lot more trustworthy than most of the new people floating around here.

User avatar
enjoipanda
Posts: 1161
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: California

Post by enjoipanda » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:39 pm

plandesign39 wrote:The Kidrobot BST is not the end all, be all sales site


+1 =D>

User avatar
richardtharbaug
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by richardtharbaug » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:41 pm

+2

There are a lot of self-appointed Kidrobot discussion board czars, and the most militant seem to he be self-appointed BST czars.

If someone posts an ad that you're not interested in, let it lay. What's the big deal? If there's a point you really want to make to someone, it seems like sending them a note rather than trying to publicly call them out for... no actual reason... seems like it'd be more productive, if your honest intent is to pass them some knowledge.

Rock and roll, though - for getting free bumps out of people being upset with you about trying to promote the sale of your related items in a forum dedicated to selling such items.

So, good luck on your sales.



enjoipanda wrote:
plandesign39 wrote:The Kidrobot BST is not the end all, be all sales site


+1 =D>
Last edited by richardtharbaug on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Obie
Posts: 562
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:49 am
Location: Socal, USA
Contact:

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:57 pm

man i wish i had the money, to spend on some of the chueh prints.
For Sale:

Sketbots: Pink Egghead, Brown Bucket, DJ Swirl, Green Flame, Orange Horns (rare)

WISHLIST:
Fatcaps:
Tilt chase fatcap
deph fatcap
paintball nicoberry fatcap
3" Dunnys:
Cycle
Deph
Huck's HMNI blue
Kozik White & Green Humbug
8" Dunnys:
deph 8" green
HMNI blue/gold/black/GID
Tado Love Blue
Others:
Possessed Mono
KAWS Companion Dissected Original
El Panda Orig (signed)
Veil: Speciman 129 (signed)
Spandroid
AD-AT
$1mil Wood Block
Kaws Companion 4ft (Orig)

User avatar
jonvespa
Posts: 2033
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:27 am
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Post by jonvespa » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:08 pm

social, same dude as on limitedaddiction.net? if so, he has some great luke chueh drawings....roomies with a quite popular artist (or was), and has sold to boardmembers.

social, i would post the sales here....

jon

User avatar
Social Casualty
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:03 pm
Contact:

Post by Social Casualty » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:21 pm

Sorry but Im not a someone that spends much time online, that dosn't mean Im untrustworthy though. So if you feel invaded upon just ask me to leave and I will gladly find someware else were one may be intrested in the items I have.

BTW Thanks for the warm welcoming

[ Added: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:24 pm ]
Thanks Everyone!

Im lost for words....

User avatar
sadistic spork
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: ATL

Post by sadistic spork » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Once you're able to post pics, I'm sure that many people will be interested.
It sounds as if you have some great art available...

Good luck!
Reliable B/S/T:
de Large. c-money. wizeguy. joemm. xblMANIMAL. orlowone. zephyr. takuto. kngwiz. playdoh. dougr. rustedhalo. flapjack. phi208. DaniTofuhead. VinylMessiah. doughyboy. Hazeltherabbit. henry_brazil. kawaii05.

User avatar
tommynathan
Posts: 1267
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:14 am
Location: Detroit

Post by tommynathan » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:35 pm

uberboy wrote:stick around for a couple months. talk to people. then maybe try to sell something to us. to be honest, it's pretty insulting to us all to try and sell here without first being a productive member in ANY way. we don't know you or anything about you, so trust will be low for any attempted sales.

please hang out and be a member. if you have friends who've been on these boards for awhile who can vouch for you, do that.
otherwise, take it somewhere else please.


Hey uberboy, the better idea would be if YOU took it somewhere else!!

User avatar
Jables
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Post by Jables » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:07 pm

Social Casualty is a stand up dude. I vouch too.

wtfunks
Posts: 6812
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:26 am
Location: SD - 5&10 Land
Contact:

Post by wtfunks » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:23 pm

+10 for social

User avatar
uberboy
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:00 pm

Post by uberboy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:07 pm

did you really think me questioning someone with 1 post count is rude?
I asked him to have people vouch for him. Many have, that's great.
I'm glad you find him to be trustworthy.

I know this isn't the only sales board out there, but its one of the few I use. I will continue to question people with low post counts in the sales threads. How does it hurt?

The reason I ask publicly instead of a PM to the author is for the protection of other members on the board. If you are new to THIS board and want to sell stuff here, that's fine but a little reassurance from old members and some personality time on the board is needed.

Good luck with your sales. if you can't spend much time here, at least bump some threads and reach 10 posts so you can show pics of what you are selling.

User avatar
JORDAN23
Posts: 3876
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Above the Rim

Post by JORDAN23 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:09 pm

If Social is Clay....then I'll vouch for him too.

User avatar
jacranky
Posts: 3687
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:48 am
Location: Noo Yawk Citay

Post by jacranky » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:30 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with a member asking a new user to stick around a while before trying to sell something...at the same time, a less harsh tone would have probably been more well-received by others.

More active members are a bit more paranoid about sellers with low post counts with all the bad deals that have happened in this B/S/T. I don't blame uber...

User avatar
enjoipanda
Posts: 1161
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: California

Post by enjoipanda » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:12 pm

uberboy wrote:but a little reassurance from old members


ah, lest ye forget the drama that was qwertyuiop? he sure took us all for a ride, myself included. being an "old member" means squat.

User avatar
MeatB^G
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:53 pm
Location: Philly

Post by MeatB^G » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:51 pm

Love to see the pics

lionel13x
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by lionel13x » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:20 pm

uberboy wrote:did you really think me questioning someone with 1 post count is rude?
I asked him to have people vouch for him. Many have, that's great.
I'm glad you find him to be trustworthy.

I know this isn't the only sales board out there, but its one of the few I use. I will continue to question people with low post counts in the sales threads. How does it hurt?

The reason I ask publicly instead of a PM to the author is for the protection of other members on the board. If you are new to THIS board and want to sell stuff here, that's fine but a little reassurance from old members and some personality time on the board is needed.

Good luck with your sales. if you can't spend much time here, at least bump some threads and reach 10 posts so you can show pics of what you are selling.



What, are you some kind of message board hall monitor?? Guy makes a post, does nothing wrong, and you jump down his throat. You should be chastised, you BST Fascist...

Bump for great art for sale!!!

User avatar
uberboy
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:00 pm

Post by uberboy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:46 pm

dude, you don't even know what art he is selling. just the artists.

Fascism is the new Liberalism (in case you didn't know)
It's an open forum and your opinion, Lionelx13, is just as valid as the next guy's. Good work!

as for relying on the opinions of older members. yeah qwertyuiop screwed a few of us, me as well. I had such high hopes for his "making things right" comeback, sigh.

Anyway, I'd love to see some pics and prices posted in the thread.

User avatar
Rareusgold
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:51 pm

RUDE RUDE RUDE

Post by Rareusgold » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:59 pm

uberboy wrote:did you really think me questioning someone with 1 post count is rude?
I asked him to have people vouch for him. Many have, that's great.
I'm glad you find him to be trustworthy.

I know this isn't the only sales board out there, but its one of the few I use. I will continue to question people with low post counts in the sales threads. How does it hurt?

The reason I ask publicly instead of a PM to the author is for the protection of other members on the board. If you are new to THIS board and want to sell stuff here, that's fine but a little reassurance from old members and some personality time on the board is needed.

Good luck with your sales. if you can't spend much time here, at least bump some threads and reach 10 posts so you can show pics of what you are selling.


I personally think it is rude. You have to start somewhere and to jump on someone before you know if they are for real is just crazy. Who do you think you are. This is a fun art board. You are treating it like someone tried to hack in to home land security. Back off. Just because you have nothing to do but bump threads all day to get your numbers up does not make you more trust worthy than someone with one post.

Have you seen his collection on Flickr. He has one of the most amazing collections I have seen. So cool down. You are the type of person that would ask Jesus to show you his scars. Try being a little less pessimestic. You will live longer.

lionel13x
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by lionel13x » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 pm

[quote="uberboy"]dude, you don't even know what art he is selling. just the artists.

quote]

I have actually seen his collection on flickr as well and its great! Quit trying to defend yourself and just own the fact that you made an a*s out of yourself...It happens, best to just admit it and move on...

User avatar
themegacephalic
Posts: 864
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:47 pm
Location: *chicago*

Post by themegacephalic » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:57 pm

I support Uber here.

I don't know a thing about Social. What I do know is he makes a very vague sales thread on a message board he doesn't spend much time on. In fact it's his first post here. He doesn't know how things work around here so he gets a gruff reception that actually does have some good advice. Get a few posts, figure out how thing are done around here, and in a sales thread, we on the KR board, prefer pictures.

Turns out Social has had some really great dealing with some long time board members who, did what I would do, defended their friend. Some of them weren't even sure if they were defending the person they thought they were. So uber please forgive people who were defending their own.

What I cannot condone is some newer members with low post counts taking advantage of the situation to attack a long standing board member. The boards can be a hostile place, but attacking a long standing member when you are new does not help, and it doesn't do anything to make this a better place. The only defense the people who trade and sell on this board have is to call out people who are acting shady.
People waited way too long to call out qwertyuiop, and he burned quiet a few members.
So if we are a little jumpy then shrug it off, it's the way it is around here, but it would help all around if everyone thought a little before launching a personal attack. The members who actually contribute and visit this board have come up with a way to transact business weather they know it or not, and collectively we police it as best we can. It's not perfect, but I appreciate that like members like Uber try.

Social Casualty- especially because you are a new member here, please post some pictures of the items you have for sale. It is really appreciated if you put an asking price with it. Usually we post prices with some kind of shipping included. It's not mandatory, some just ask for offers, or don't add shipping. I assume that you are attempting to reach new buyers who will appreciate the items you have to sell. I also assume you won't mind that over time we have a found a way of conducting business here, and would appreciate it if everyone made the effort to make this a good place to buy- sell - trade with others who share the same passion.

User avatar
irsk
Posts: 3107
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:37 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by irsk » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:16 pm

themegacephalic wrote:I support Uber here.

I don't know a thing about Social. What I do know is he makes a very vague sales thread on a message board he doesn't spend much time on. In fact it's his first post here. He doesn't know how things work around here so he gets a gruff reception that actually does have some good advice. Get a few posts, figure out how thing are done around here, and in a sales thread, we on the KR board, prefer pictures.

Turns out Social has had some really great dealing with some long time board members who, did what I would do, defended their friend. Some of them weren't even sure if they were defending the person they thought they were. So uber please forgive people who were defending their own.

What I cannot condone is some newer members with low post counts taking advantage of the situation to attack a long standing board member. The boards can be a hostile place, but attacking a long standing member when you are new does not help, and it doesn't do anything to make this a better place. The only defense the people who trade and sell on this board have is to call out people who are acting shady.
People waited way too long to call out qwertyuiop, and he burned quiet a few members.
So if we are a little jumpy then shrug it off, it's the way it is around here, but it would help all around if everyone thought a little before launching a personal attack. The members who actually contribute and visit this board have come up with a way to transact business weather they know it or not, and collectively we police it as best we can. It's not perfect, but I appreciate that like members like Uber try.

Social Casualty- especially because you are a new member here, please post some pictures of the items you have for sale. It is really appreciated if you put an asking price with it. Usually we post prices with some kind of shipping included. It's not mandatory, some just ask for offers, or don't add shipping. I assume that you are attempting to reach new buyers who will appreciate the items you have to sell. I also assume you won't mind that over time we have a found a way of conducting business here, and would appreciate it if everyone made the effort to make this a good place to buy- sell - trade with others who share the same passion.


He said to PM him if intersted and he'll give a link to his flickr. His flickr, which obviously has pictures, also has prices posted. These are pieces of art, not $5 toys. If you can't be bothered to send him a pm for the link then it's likely you're not seriously enough about buying something like that anyway.

And as far as what you can or cannot "condone"... well no comment there.

User avatar
Jables
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Post by Jables » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:21 pm

I think it's likely that this thread is exactly why he doesn't spend very much time here.

User avatar
Social Casualty
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:03 pm
Contact:

Post by Social Casualty » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:59 am

Hey Everyone! Thanks and yes its Clay. I truly didn't want this thread to turn out like this, and yes this is a major reason I don't usually spend much time online these days. But on the other hand I do completely understand some peoples concerns by me jumping in to quickly. I should of taken in affect that many may have had their guards up do to previous shysters taking advantage of KR members in the past so I do apologize for not taking that into consideration.
As for posting photos, I will do so once I meet the forum requirements of 10 posts. But as for now the best I can do is ask you to PM me if your interested so that I may forward you a link to my Flickr account.

see you all at 1988 tomorrow night!

Cheers!
Clayton

Locked