forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:27 pm 

Im looking into selling a small part of my collection. I letting go of some Luke Chueh, Biskup, Fontana pieces along with others. If interested PM me and I will send you a link to my Flicker account so you may check out the pieces available.

If interested please PM me

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:12 pm 

stick around for a couple months. talk to people. then maybe try to sell something to us. to be honest, it's pretty insulting to us all to try and sell here without first being a productive member in ANY way. we don't know you or anything about you, so trust will be low for any attempted sales.

please hang out and be a member. if you have friends who've been on these boards for awhile who can vouch for you, do that.
otherwise, take it somewhere else please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:02 pm 

uberboy wrote:
stick around for a couple months. talk to people. then maybe try to sell something to us. to be honest, it's pretty insulting to us all to try and sell here without first being a productive member in ANY way. we don't know you or anything about you, so trust will be low for any attempted sales.

please hang out and be a member. if you have friends who've been on these boards for awhile who can vouch for you, do that.

Social Casualty drove over 1,000 miles to personally deliver an original Luke Chueh painting to me. Just because you don't know him doesn't mean he's not a productive member of the community. He uses the same name on other forums where he is very well respected and trusted. The Kidrobot BST is not the end all, be all sales site and a little courtesy wouldn't hurt. I can personally vouch for him and guarantee he's a hell of lot more trustworthy than most of the new people floating around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:39 pm 

plandesign39 wrote:
The Kidrobot BST is not the end all, be all sales site

+1 =D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:41 pm 

+2

There are a lot of self-appointed Kidrobot discussion board czars, and the most militant seem to he be self-appointed BST czars.

If someone posts an ad that you're not interested in, let it lay. What's the big deal? If there's a point you really want to make to someone, it seems like sending them a note rather than trying to publicly call them out for... no actual reason... seems like it'd be more productive, if your honest intent is to pass them some knowledge.

Rock and roll, though - for getting free bumps out of people being upset with you about trying to promote the sale of your related items in a forum dedicated to selling such items.

So, good luck on your sales.

enjoipanda wrote:
plandesign39 wrote:
The Kidrobot BST is not the end all, be all sales site

+1 =D>

Last edited by richardtharbaug on Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:57 pm 

man i wish i had the money, to spend on some of the chueh prints.

Sketbots: Pink Egghead, Brown Bucket, DJ Swirl, Green Flame, Orange Horns (rare)

WISHLIST:
Fatcaps:
Tilt chase fatcap
deph fatcap
paintball nicoberry fatcap
3" Dunnys:
Cycle
Deph
Huck's HMNI blue
Kozik White & Green Humbug
8" Dunnys:
deph 8" green
HMNI blue/gold/black/GID
Tado Love Blue
Others:
Possessed Mono
KAWS Companion Dissected Original
El Panda Orig (signed)
Veil: Speciman 129 (signed)
Spandroid
AD-AT
$1mil Wood Block
Kaws Companion 4ft (Orig)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:08 pm 

social, same dude as on limitedaddiction.net? if so, he has some great luke chueh drawings....roomies with a quite popular artist (or was), and has sold to boardmembers.

social, i would post the sales here....

jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:21 pm 

Sorry but Im not a someone that spends much time online, that dosn't mean Im untrustworthy though. So if you feel invaded upon just ask me to leave and I will gladly find someware else were one may be intrested in the items I have.

BTW Thanks for the warm welcoming

[ Added: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:24 pm ]
Thanks Everyone!

Im lost for words....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:24 pm 

Once you're able to post pics, I'm sure that many people will be interested.
It sounds as if you have some great art available...

Good luck!

de Large. c-money. wizeguy. joemm. xblMANIMAL. orlowone. zephyr. takuto. kngwiz. playdoh. dougr. rustedhalo. flapjack. phi208. DaniTofuhead. VinylMessiah. doughyboy. Hazeltherabbit. henry_brazil. kawaii05.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:35 pm 

uberboy wrote:

Hey uberboy, the better idea would be if YOU took it somewhere else!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:07 pm 

Social Casualty is a stand up dude. I vouch too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:23 pm 

+10 for social

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:07 pm 

did you really think me questioning someone with 1 post count is rude?
I asked him to have people vouch for him. Many have, that's great.
I'm glad you find him to be trustworthy.

I know this isn't the only sales board out there, but its one of the few I use. I will continue to question people with low post counts in the sales threads. How does it hurt?

The reason I ask publicly instead of a PM to the author is for the protection of other members on the board. If you are new to THIS board and want to sell stuff here, that's fine but a little reassurance from old members and some personality time on the board is needed.

Good luck with your sales. if you can't spend much time here, at least bump some threads and reach 10 posts so you can show pics of what you are selling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:09 pm 

If Social is Clay....then I'll vouch for him too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:30 pm 

I don't think there is anything wrong with a member asking a new user to stick around a while before trying to sell something...at the same time, a less harsh tone would have probably been more well-received by others.

More active members are a bit more paranoid about sellers with low post counts with all the bad deals that have happened in this B/S/T. I don't blame uber...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:12 pm 

uberboy wrote:
but a little reassurance from old members

ah, lest ye forget the drama that was qwertyuiop? he sure took us all for a ride, myself included. being an "old member" means squat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:51 pm 

Love to see the pics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:20 pm 

uberboy wrote:

I know this isn't the only sales board out there, but its one of the few I use. I will continue to question people with low post counts in the sales threads. How does it hurt?

The reason I ask publicly instead of a PM to the author is for the protection of other members on the board. If you are new to THIS board and want to sell stuff here, that's fine but a little reassurance from old members and some personality time on the board is needed.

Good luck with your sales. if you can't spend much time here, at least bump some threads and reach 10 posts so you can show pics of what you are selling.

What, are you some kind of message board hall monitor?? Guy makes a post, does nothing wrong, and you jump down his throat. You should be chastised, you BST Fascist...

Bump for great art for sale!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:46 pm 

dude, you don't even know what art he is selling. just the artists.

Fascism is the new Liberalism (in case you didn't know)
It's an open forum and your opinion, Lionelx13, is just as valid as the next guy's. Good work!

as for relying on the opinions of older members. yeah qwertyuiop screwed a few of us, me as well. I had such high hopes for his "making things right" comeback, sigh.

Anyway, I'd love to see some pics and prices posted in the thread.

Post subject: RUDE RUDE RUDE
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:59 pm 

uberboy wrote:

I personally think it is rude. You have to start somewhere and to jump on someone before you know if they are for real is just crazy. Who do you think you are. This is a fun art board. You are treating it like someone tried to hack in to home land security. Back off. Just because you have nothing to do but bump threads all day to get your numbers up does not make you more trust worthy than someone with one post.

Have you seen his collection on Flickr. He has one of the most amazing collections I have seen. So cool down. You are the type of person that would ask Jesus to show you his scars. Try being a little less pessimestic. You will live longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:17 pm 

[quote="uberboy"]dude, you don't even know what art he is selling. just the artists.

quote]

I have actually seen his collection on flickr as well and its great! Quit trying to defend yourself and just own the fact that you made an a*s out of yourself...It happens, best to just admit it and move on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:57 am 

I support Uber here.

I don't know a thing about Social. What I do know is he makes a very vague sales thread on a message board he doesn't spend much time on. In fact it's his first post here. He doesn't know how things work around here so he gets a gruff reception that actually does have some good advice. Get a few posts, figure out how thing are done around here, and in a sales thread, we on the KR board, prefer pictures.

Turns out Social has had some really great dealing with some long time board members who, did what I would do, defended their friend. Some of them weren't even sure if they were defending the person they thought they were. So uber please forgive people who were defending their own.

What I cannot condone is some newer members with low post counts taking advantage of the situation to attack a long standing board member. The boards can be a hostile place, but attacking a long standing member when you are new does not help, and it doesn't do anything to make this a better place. The only defense the people who trade and sell on this board have is to call out people who are acting shady.
People waited way too long to call out qwertyuiop, and he burned quiet a few members.
So if we are a little jumpy then shrug it off, it's the way it is around here, but it would help all around if everyone thought a little before launching a personal attack. The members who actually contribute and visit this board have come up with a way to transact business weather they know it or not, and collectively we police it as best we can. It's not perfect, but I appreciate that like members like Uber try.

Social Casualty- especially because you are a new member here, please post some pictures of the items you have for sale. It is really appreciated if you put an asking price with it. Usually we post prices with some kind of shipping included. It's not mandatory, some just ask for offers, or don't add shipping. I assume that you are attempting to reach new buyers who will appreciate the items you have to sell. I also assume you won't mind that over time we have a found a way of conducting business here, and would appreciate it if everyone made the effort to make this a good place to buy- sell - trade with others who share the same passion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:16 am 

themegacephalic wrote:
I support Uber here.

I don't know a thing about Social. What I do know is he makes a very vague sales thread on a message board he doesn't spend much time on. In fact it's his first post here. He doesn't know how things work around here so he gets a gruff reception that actually does have some good advice. Get a few posts, figure out how thing are done around here, and in a sales thread, we on the KR board, prefer pictures.

Turns out Social has had some really great dealing with some long time board members who, did what I would do, defended their friend. Some of them weren't even sure if they were defending the person they thought they were. So uber please forgive people who were defending their own.

What I cannot condone is some newer members with low post counts taking advantage of the situation to attack a long standing board member. The boards can be a hostile place, but attacking a long standing member when you are new does not help, and it doesn't do anything to make this a better place. The only defense the people who trade and sell on this board have is to call out people who are acting shady.
People waited way too long to call out qwertyuiop, and he burned quiet a few members.
So if we are a little jumpy then shrug it off, it's the way it is around here, but it would help all around if everyone thought a little before launching a personal attack. The members who actually contribute and visit this board have come up with a way to transact business weather they know it or not, and collectively we police it as best we can. It's not perfect, but I appreciate that like members like Uber try.

Social Casualty- especially because you are a new member here, please post some pictures of the items you have for sale. It is really appreciated if you put an asking price with it. Usually we post prices with some kind of shipping included. It's not mandatory, some just ask for offers, or don't add shipping. I assume that you are attempting to reach new buyers who will appreciate the items you have to sell. I also assume you won't mind that over time we have a found a way of conducting business here, and would appreciate it if everyone made the effort to make this a good place to buy- sell - trade with others who share the same passion.

He said to PM him if intersted and he'll give a link to his flickr. His flickr, which obviously has pictures, also has prices posted. These are pieces of art, not $5 toys. If you can't be bothered to send him a pm for the link then it's likely you're not seriously enough about buying something like that anyway.

And as far as what you can or cannot "condone"... well no comment there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:21 am 

I think it's likely that this thread is exactly why he doesn't spend very much time here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:59 am 

Hey Everyone! Thanks and yes its Clay. I truly didn't want this thread to turn out like this, and yes this is a major reason I don't usually spend much time online these days. But on the other hand I do completely understand some peoples concerns by me jumping in to quickly. I should of taken in affect that many may have had their guards up do to previous shysters taking advantage of KR members in the past so I do apologize for not taking that into consideration.
As for posting photos, I will do so once I meet the forum requirements of 10 posts. But as for now the best I can do is ask you to PM me if your interested so that I may forward you a link to my Flickr account.

see you all at 1988 tomorrow night!

Cheers!
Clayton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next