forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:36 pm 

[-o< ......................it has been asked for many times in PMs so now I bring you all what you want! \:D/

The first ( and hopefully not last ) Kaiju Mystery?Box !!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Ever had a curiosity of Kaiju but just don't know where to start?...........start right here! Inside are toys from the most popular Kaiju companies in the world - what a booster of a box to jumpstart you down the road to financial ruin ~ yay!

BIG EDIT due to LocoMoco fearing the biggest kaiju ripoff in history bwahahaha

2 boxes now at $150 each - curiosity rising??! grab em!

each box is $150 shipped anywhere USA

ImageImage

PM me

Last edited by MANIMAL on Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:05 pm 

how many of these are TTToys you were looking to sell earlier? roughly how many figures? and maybe a timespan of release dates would help.

this is a VERY expensive mystery box. hints must be given.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:42 pm 

Quote:
how many of these are TTToys you were looking to sell earlier? roughly how many figures? and maybe a timespan of release dates would help.

this is a VERY expensive mystery box. hints must be given.

how many of these are TTToys you were looking to sell earlier?

come on dont be acting like that - you are a grown up are you not? however you meant it you seem to be hinting at a failed sale turning into me dumping garbage into this box - which never happens so step off bro

here's the deal - you dont strong arm MANIMAL with this "hints must be given" obviously this Kaiju box aint yer thang

but to answer you - all my TTToy stuff sold to 1 single collector so there will be no TTToy stuff in here....also - this isnt a most expensive box to those who have $ - i didnt see you pipe up the last $300 box that sold - if its too rich for your blood pass over it please

there's your hint :axe:

Last edited by MANIMAL on Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:48 pm 

this box will surely raise a few eyebrows, but like xblMANIMAL said, if you don't like the price, then keep it to yourself.

so what if there are a few TTToys in the mix? that's the whole point of a mystery box. the name mystery is in the name. there could be Skullpirates, skullbrains, ghostfighters, hedorahs, anything.

$300 is a lot, but Kaiju costs a lot. the pieces are unmatched quality, most of the production numbers are outragously small and the artists hand paint a lot of the toys.(you think trying to track down a dunny with a release of 300 is hard? try tracking down a hedorah with a run of 5 sold only in Tokyo.)

this isn't a debate a kaiju, but merely a debate about the validity of a box full of who knows what. its a lot of money, but since this is xblMANIMAL's first kaiju box, i'd be willing to bet, he'll make it worth it.

rock on, xblMANIMAL, rock on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:48 am 

Take a gamble bump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:54 am 

geez xbl, that is an interesting puzzle, 300 for mystery kaiju. I bet if I check tomorrow night, it's a gone thing. G'luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:44 am 

kaiju + mystery box = :tonqe:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:17 pm 

:roll:

lame!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:01 pm 

u gotta be more specific :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:14 pm 

I think the title of "Kaiju Mystery?Box" says it all... and for $300?

For that much money, you can get a lot of good stuff without having to worry about getting the dregs of someone else's collection that have no real value.

For those suggesting that ALL Japanese vinyl is rare and hand painted are seriously deluded... there are MANY runs by companies that are over produced and made on factory production lines. You should expect this "mystery box" to be filled with this sort of "kaiju". He's out to make money, make no mistake.

And that's really what you're trying to capitalize on here: people who have little or no knowledge of Japanese vinyl and the hype of speculative value.

How many figures do you get? Are they still sealed, or are they open? If they are open, do they come with original headers? What condition are the figures in? Are they Minis? Fight figures? How old are they? What companies are they from?

I guess it's caveat emptor, but as a collector of Japanese vinyl for years, I see this as a very poor offering. Don't make an uninformed mistake and bet that you'll get $300 of current value in return... many Japanese vinyl pieces drop in value just like their western vinyl counterparts.

Hey might've paid $300 to get the figures, but they might have a present "book" value of $50 or less. And since you don't even know what you're getting, you can't even say that you're buying because you like them.

This really isn't much different than buying a box of speakers from a guy in a van by the supermarket.

You've been warned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:23 pm 

whoa whoa whoa! i am NOT taking advantage here whatsoever - all mystery boxes have been packed to the gills with a much higher value than the price tag - but you have never bought one so you dont know that first hand

Quote:
For that much money, you can get a lot of good stuff without having to worry about getting the dregs of someone else's collection that have no real value.

There are no "dregs of a collection" in here my friend - a nice helathy mix of toy ( yes headers and bags as well ) from major players in the kaiju world - being such the ELITE kaiju collector you should know that all kaiju is great! but then maybe it falls on taste and being a risk taker - i dont feel ya got nuts to jump on any mystery box and that is ok - 58 people have done so and not a single complaint - you really dont have a leg to stand on with this weaksauce argument friend

Quote:
This really isn't much different than buying a box of speakers from a guy in a van by the supermarket.

id be wary if I hadnt sold almost 60 of these mystery boxes from $20 - $300 and pleased everyone - dont stir up imaginary poop here when it isnt the factual case

and why the "urgent warning" now? never saw you pipe up on the last 58 boxes warning people - is it because your elite precious Kaiju is now goin more mainstream and you cannot sit in your parents basement and snuggle your Skullbrain figs thinking you are one of the special few honoring this toy?

LocoMoco wrote:
t;LocoMoco"]I think the title of "Kaiju Mystery?Box" says it all... and for $300?

For those suggesting that ALL Japanese vinyl is rare and hand painted are seriously deluded... there are MANY runs by companies that are over produced and factory produced. You should expect this "mystery box" to be filled with this sort of "kaiju". He's out to make money, make no mistake.

And that's really what you're trying to capitalize on here: people who have little or no knowledge of Japanese vinyl and the hype of speculative value.

How many figures do you get? Are they still sealed, or are they open? If they are open, do they come with original headers? What condition are the figures in? Are they Minis? Fight figures? How old are they? What companies are they from?

I guess it's caveat emptor, but as a collector of Japanese vinyl for years, I see this as a very poor offering. Don't make an uninformed mistake and bet that you'll get $300 of current value in return... many Japanese vinyl pieces drop in value just like their western vinyl counterparts.

You've been warned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:33 pm 

xblMANIMAL wrote:
There are no "dregs of a collection" in here my friend - a nice helathy mix of toy ( yes headers and bags as well ) from major players in the kaiju world - being such the ELITE kaiju collector you should know that all kaiju is great! but then maybe it falls on taste and being a risk taker - i dont feel ya got nuts to jump on any mystery box and that is ok - 58 people have done so and not a single complaint - you really dont have a leg to stand on with this weaksauce argument friend

Uh huh... whatever you say.

"Major players in the Kaiju world"?

"All Kaiju is great"?

Hype.

Hype.

Hype.

I'd highly recommend people who are halfway tempted to bite on this offer to ask the people on the skullbrain.org messageboard if they think this is on the up and up.

I'm not telling people to not throw their money away on this, but as someone who is more familiar with Japanese vinyl, I don't really see Manimal as an "expert" on the subject.

I would expect the box to have a few "dime-a-dozen" hedorah figures, and some "Kaiju for grown ups"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:36 pm 

never claimed to be -

im not as elite as you are over at the skullbrain boards - but it IS funny to see ya over here with a dunny avatar and then go over to SB and have you "beat me up" being so elite there - i wonder if they know yo uare a dbl agent??!? man you crack me up on 2 message boards now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:43 pm 

xblMANIMAL wrote:
never claimed to be -

im not as elite as you are over at the skullbrain boards - but it IS funny to see ya over here with a dunny avatar and then go over to SB and have you "beat me up" being so elite there - i wonder if they know yo uare a dbl agent??!? man you crack me up on 2 message boards now

Never called myself "elite"... just informed.

I've never been one to say that western and Japanese vinyl have to be mutually exclusive, so I have no idea where you're getting this whole "dbl agent" label from. I've had a presence on both message boards for a long time.

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:46 pm 

Quote:
had a presence
yep thats for sure - you did make me feel REAL welcome over "there" and now your bad attitude towards kaiju acceptance by the masses is tricklin in here - dont fight it - all this JPN stuff is very high quality and very fun to play with - you know that - people are all gonna realize it and want it - thats what happens when you make kick rump toys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:52 pm 

this post (THIS ONE RIGHT HERE) is a flame post. I am flaming manimal. please give me a rep for it. #1 Crybaby of all time- xblManimal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:54 pm 

LocoMoco wrote:
For those suggesting that ALL Japanese vinyl is rare and hand painted are seriously deluded... there are MANY runs by companies that are over produced and made on factory production lines. You should expect this "mystery box" to be filled with this sort of "kaiju". He's out to make money, make no mistake.

whoever suggested that ALL kaiju is? i cetainly never said that and you're twisting someone elses words to fit your argument.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:55 pm 

Quote:
#1 Crybaby of all time- xblManimal

please someone sig that FAST! i dont see this as a crybaby thing but more of a defend my kaiju mysterybox from lies thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:58 pm 

xblMANIMAL wrote:
Quote:
had a presence
yep thats for sure - you did make me feel REAL welcome over "there" and now your bad attitude towards kaiju acceptance by the masses is tricklin in here - dont fight it - all this JPN stuff is very high quality and very fun to play with - you know that - people are all gonna realize it and want it - thats what happens when you make kick rump toys

Well, you weren't really welcomed because your attitude was pretty crappy and antagonistic. This whole "The Manimal" persona of yours might play here, but don't expect it to work everywhere.

I would love for more people to appreciate Japanse vinyl, but not all of it is high quality, and not all of it is "Kaiju". (That's like saying all Western vinyl are "Dunnies")

Part of appreciating something is being able to distinguish between the high quality pieces from the mass produced stuff. That you refer to all Japanese vinyl as "Kaiju" demonstrates that you can't make that distinction... all the more reason to be wary of the contents of the "kaiju mystery box".

Last edited by LocoMoco on Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:00 pm 

oh and by the way, I didn't mean anything by the TTToys question, I like their work. I was just curious if those would be included.

on a side note: your defensive nature has really soured me towards you. I'm sure you'll say you don't care. that's fine. but I think there are a few of us on here who are sick of all the bullcrap you stir up constantly. you can blame it on those who've attacked you if you want. but its YOUR attitude that keeps it going and fans the fire.

if you'll recall, I once complimented you on your tact in dealing with folks who disrespected your custom work. where'd that manimal go? he's not here anymore.

Post subject:

LocoMoco wrote:
xblMANIMAL wrote:
Quote:
had a presence

Well, you weren't really welcomed because your attitude was pretty juvenile and antagonistic. This whole "The Manimal" persona of yours might play here, but don't expect it to work everywhere.

I would love for more people to appreciate Japanse vinyl, but not all of it is high quality, and not all of it is "Kaiju". (That's like saying all Western vinyl are "Dunnies")

Part of appreciating something is being able to distinguish between the high quality pieces from the mass produced stuff. That you refer to all Japanese vinyl as "Kaiju" demonstrates that you can't make that distinction... all the more reason to be weary of the contents of the "kaiju mystery box".

why dont you just... not buy it and move on?

Post subject:

so dont by the boxes - easy and done - now lets move on

Quote:
This whole "The Manimal" persona of yours might play here, but don't expect it to work everywhere.
- it works everywhere - you should really come find me at an event and bask in my persona....bro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:05 pm 

enjoipanda wrote:
the name mystery is in the name. there could be Skullpirates, skullbrains, ghostfighters, hedorahs, anything.

$300 is a lot, but Kaiju costs a lot. the pieces are unmatched quality, most of the production numbers are outragously small and the artists hand paint a lot of the toys.(you think trying to track down a dunny with a release of 300 is hard? try tracking down a hedorah with a run of 5 sold only in Tokyo.)

Wow, I didn't realize that "The Manimal" had an "pimp"... :roll: Don't you think "The Manimal" can handle himself on his own?

enjoipanda wrote:
LocoMoco wrote:

whoever suggested that ALL kaiju is? i cetainly never said that and you're twisting someone elses words to fit your argument.

You're right... you didn't say "All"... you said "Most"... and even that is an incorrect generalization.

Last edited by LocoMoco on Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:19 pm 

The fact is that the potential buyers are at a disadvantage with this sale.
They have no idea what is in the box.
It's a blind sale and I would discourage people to avoid it.

Just list the items with prices and photographs and people can make their own decisions.
Or list the items with a single photograph and sell it as some sort of starter set if you really are that lazy. But I guess that is too much work or you wouldn't get what you want for prices.

So you throw everything in a box and hype it until some poor fool pays three hundred dollars.

Again, people, wise up and don't go near this sale.

[ Added: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:22 pm ]
xblMANIMAL wrote:
Ever had a curiosity of Kaiju but just don't know where to start?...........

Then go to that other toy board and read up and look at pictures and learn what others look for in Japanese toys. Then get a sense of what you like and then go buy that.

For all we know, the boxes could contain lame rump Ika customs by the seller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:00 pm 

wow, BlackBoots - you have 6 whole posts and 4 of em are about bashing me! im honered

i wonder which one of the kaiju elite you are that registered here just to try to bug me?

Quote:
The fact is that the potential buyers are at a disadvantage with this sale.
They have no idea what is in the box.
It's a blind sale and I would discourage people to avoid it.

again i ask - where were you two bags when i sold the last 58 mystery boxes? no warning then huh?

must be the precious Kaiju up for grabs that has you all in a tizzy - why dontch explain that one! hahahah

................and that person above isnt my "pimp" who even uses that term anymore? are you a rapper?

it is one of MANIMAL's faithful fans.......tshirts and ballcaps coming very soon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next