forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:10 pm 

I tried to buy these boxes but the seller told me to beat it.

xblMANIMAL wrote:
hahahahahah - beat it kid

Do you have to be a certain age to buy kaiju?
Or are these hentai toys? I am confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:22 pm 

you made the account to mess with me - for real now come on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:30 pm 

BlackBoots wrote:
It's a blind sale and I would discourage people to avoid it.

this sentence means the opposite of its intention.

I wouldn't say manimal is a bad seller. It's obvious that he's a GOOD seller. he's had tons of sales here and is reliable in that way.

I still want clues to the contents, because $150 boxes are more enticing. I wanted to know how many items because kaiju is so expensive. a $300 box could only have 1-3 things in it, or it could have more.

and as per yer request manimal- i did put that in my sig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:37 pm 

hahha uber - yer alright in my book

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:57 pm 

Holy Cr*p! What kind of sh*tstorm is going on?

Manimal, you've always been okay to me!

RFSO Haters; if you guys were as tolerant and accepting of this guy (who has *never* ripped anyone off here) as you were (and are) to me, this would all just deflate.
Unless you're helping him by generating big buzz, in which case, carry on!
geez.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:00 am 

even bad publicity is good publicity - i just didnt like that a few peeps tried to plant a bad bug in everyone's ear about this being a rip off - when not a peep was heard about a dire warning over the last 58 boxes sold

man some of these kaijufreeks sure do go bananas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:12 am 

le bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:26 am 

xblMANIMAL wrote:
even bad publicity is good publicity - i just didnt like that a few peeps tried to plant a bad bug in everyone's ear about this being a rip off - when not a peep was heard about a dire warning over the last 58 boxes sold

man some of these kaijufreeks sure do go bananas!

Sure the kaijufreeks might go nuts? Cause they got a good deal? Or cause your the xblMANIMAL . I have yet to see an open box you sold. I did see a guy say he wouldn't tell anyone what was in it??????? You keep preaching kaiju and 60 boxes,
How many other kaiju boxes you sold. I think none. You keep talking about it like kaiju big shot.

Ok, giving you the benefit of doubt!!!!!!!!!!!

xblMANIMAL is buying ridiculously hard to find kaiju and selling it for stupid low prices. Like always??? Never adds up and nobody gets to see why!!!!

People talk about whats wrong with toy collecting nowadays. I think its the outspoken old farts like you. The dinosaurs of the boards walkin around callin everyone Noob's. And you think its us. Or like you and your friends call us Forum Cancer?????
Hopefully you get tired of being around us before we kill ourselves of hearing you talk about youself in third person.

[ Added: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:47 am ]
I give this post less than 24 hours. If people had there way it would be completely deleted. I would bet 50 to anyone that it will be locked down and or I'm out of here. No problem. xblMANIMAL is popular with the old farts!!~!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:17 am 

Dont worry manimal. Everyone except a couple of funloving morons on this thread know its good stuff. Let them talk sh*t, cuz they just sound like a bunch of jealous cyber-losers... [-(

p.s- im waiting for a sooper dooper ultra deluxe mystery box full of chases and rare stuff!

Good deals with: xblMANIMAL, drinkh2so4, turtlegod, ROCSone, djfohm(2), mrfang, Dunny_Photo, notsojenntle, evrykissuwastd, GodSlayer, anceegirl, djmerge, jmf337(2),=DuNnYnNud=, whyhoo, mcnail, Rasta, gopeder111, g force, Phuek, MC jr(2), d0m0kun, taniamc, qwest1mark(2), scarwars, t0fu, Dunn Da-Da, ceejay, djkrush, DoctorDoyle, mourningwd, highland19, JBart, moethahoe, Karma Sushi,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:48 am 

i don't think we have ever seen one person complain about the mysteriy boxes.

$150 bones is some serious cash to a lot of people, but i'm sure he made it worth the gamble so he wouldn't look like an *ss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:02 am 

Anyways, screw the haters.

I think this might be your best mystery box man! :rock:

Chicks dig toy collectors.
Thats not what I was told. :(

sorry, somebody lied to you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:52 am 

LOL... I see a lot of token support, but none willing to put their money where their mouths are...

For those that don't know, "The Manimal" tried to push some rather poorly "customized" Japanese vinyl on the Skullbrain.org board, and was met with less than stellar reviews.

As an example, here is a picture of a "The Manimal" custom paint job on the left, and the way the figure was originally released by Wonderwall on the right:

Basically, the "customizing" was spraying a little green over the white areas... and he wonders why we weren't really impressed.

Since then, he's sort of been at war with many of the regular board members calling us names like "elite" and so forth, making false accusations that we're trying to keep Japanese vinyl away from "the masses", etc... basically all the things he's made up and unjustifiably thrown at me in this thread.

As a collector of all sorts of vinyl toys (western, eastern, what have you), he's tried to make me out to be something I'm not. And basically, he's trying to make himself sound like something he isn't either.

He really hasn't been into Japanese vinyl long enough to really be called well educated, and I suspect whomever buys his "mystery boxes" will receive some pretty generic Japanese stuff that he had planned to customize and then abandoned when his "work" wasn't well received. Probably some mass produced Bandai stuff and some "Kaiju for Grown Ups".

While I would hope that people are smart enough to not buy into his overinflated hype for these "mystery kaiju", I kinda want to see what's in them to get a good laugh at what he considers "the most popular Kaiju companies in the world."

If anyone truly has an interest in the world of Japanese Vinyl, you should feel free to check out the Skullbrain.org messageboard... it can be a little cranky at times, but there's a HUGE resource of knowledge available to those that are polite and don't refer to themselves constantly in the third person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:34 am 

mindblowin02 wrote:
i don't think we have ever seen one person complain about the mysteriy boxes.

$150 bones is some serious cash to a lot of people, but i'm sure he made it worth the gamble so he wouldn't look like an *ss.

actually... my mystery box got lost. it was a free mystery box as a prize in exchange for getting him something from SDCC. since it was just a free mystery box i didn't care too much but i didn't get a replacement or anything.

Good deals with: D-LuX, dieselbouy, kabautista9, Robot Companion, jrox19, Katastrophe, untilshewokeme, cSpooge, AKBAPE, mourningwd, Aussietoyrama, kittycat, SnorseWhisperer, fast1950, sleepboy, gloomyfan, shadowbooth, GooseWonder, mrmonkey, jceballo, illminded1, Fiashly

Bad deals with: kp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:06 am 

A mystery box dance for Manimal:

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Boo to all the haters!:

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

What's inside, it's mind boggling!:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MYSTERY BOX BUMP!

Links:
H. B. Cstudios | Blog | Webstore

Great transactions with:
a.tom, AL_R, Bo0oYaH, ChefJt, csulli13, coasterbear, D-Lux, dreamattack27, drunkmunky02, Dunny_Photo, enjoipanda, exo111, flabby, flapjack, Gazpacho, GhostBuster, gonedaddyfinch, gundamrx288, iliksprite, jebcrow, jess1cuh, jose2187, Just-Dan, katastrophe, kgyure, kngdingaling, killmylovekill, LonerStoner, M500, Manga_Spawn, marshhouse, maxaltoman, Nadir, nikemsi, o_kedoki, onlYwaY, phaughey, pukingaso, quazmik, raffy, redblueyellow, Superfluouscrux, tommynathan, TradeMark310, wuvy, xxclandestinexx, zincsaucier442

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:27 am 

.................i guess my custom work has everything to do with getting super rad boxes of mystery from me ? man you really dislike me and have to reach deep to come up with a weak argument huh?

Quote:
He really hasn't been into Japanese vinyl long enough to really be called well educated, and I suspect whomever buys his "mystery boxes" will receive some pretty generic Japanese stuff that he had planned to customize and then abandoned when his "work" wasn't well received. Probably some mass produced Bandai stuff and some "Kaiju for Grown Ups".

no KFGU or bandai in here - you are so way off base it hurts laughing at your assumptions! hahahaha \:D/ and im not sure why you think my "work" isnt well received - im lookinat a small pile of toys to spray and $ in the bank - just because you dont like me and dont like my toys i spray doesnt mean that there aren't 1,000,000 adoring MANIMAL fans out here everyday interacting and loving the ish outta me and what I do - booya

Loco - again you are lying and distorting the real deal to suit your hollow stance against me- i didnt try to "push" that Usagi on anyone - it was a comissioned piece already paid in advance by a collector - i didnt spray it then try to sell it

get outta here man - all you do is follow me around and try to stir the pot - go hug your kids or somethin today

and hey rotoreject - now I know wht FUGI dont like you - and to give ya a little tip on why people dont reveal what they get..................ah forget it use the search function kid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:56 am 

Manimal has been doing mystery boxes for a long time. The title does state mystery which explains you won't know what you're getting so you are taking the risk. I am not claiming to be an expert on kaiju -- I actually know very little so I would not buy this box myself but I'm sure it is worth the price. Manimal is a great guy and he can't be the most well known user on EVERY vinyl forum. I am also not an old fart as I have only been here for several months and I think Manimal is great. There has never been any mystery box complaints and I don't see why you must bash on this one kaiju box. He was offering a new idea that he thought would appeal to many. Who knows what is inside -- it is a mystery but I believe all his mystery boxes have been worth the value -- I don't think he would change that with one kaiju box. If you know better and are sure you would not buy the box...do that. Simply stay on SB which I am sure you are well-respected and keep doing what you do. People looking to start kaiju collections will find this and be interested. Let them do what they wish with their money and you make sure to save yours. You guys are claiming that it will not be worth the money but from all his previous buyers they said it was and I do not see why this would be any different. The decision is ultimately up to the buyer of these boxes, so be it that way.

I do not want to nor am I trying to start any beef with anyone. I am just expressing my opinions on this whole ordeal.

Goodluck Manimal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:11 am 

i dig Yoshi - well said - sometimes i am not well spoken and I appreciate it when others , who know what im thinking, can put into words what I cant always express

btw - both boxes are now sold ! :partyman:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:30 pm 

No thanks. I don't have time to search for more posts written in third person. And ow, poor me. I'm not poplular. Don't you think if I cared what people thought, I would invest more time in being nice. Your only stating the obvious. Yes I'm a mean ol guy that dosen't spend boat loading of time trying to get my self esteem
propped up by other forum members. Like your cronies that are filing in one after the other to reasure everyone that you boxes are good with no proof still. I'm not going to get into it much more. I'll just sit back and watch LocoMoco continue to clean your clock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:00 pm 

xblMANIMAL wrote:
btw - both boxes are now sold ! :partyman:

When you decide to not sell them because of lack of interest, that's not the same as them being "sold".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:42 pm 

does anyone else think its sad that adults are arguing over toys? not wanting to put anyone down, because i collect vinyl too but damn folks.... they are vinyl toys of monsters and what not. do you tell people at mcdonalds not to order the big mac because you think it tastes like crap and isnt good for you? NO. you shut up, let them spend their money and buy what ever you want. do the same here. if you don't like the box, don't buy it. if you don't like the seller, don't read his posts. if you don't like the forum, don't browse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:16 pm 

Parotkilah wrote:
does anyone else think its sad that adults are arguing over toys? not wanting to put anyone down, because i collect vinyl too but damn folks.... they are vinyl toys of monsters and what not. do you tell people at mcdonalds not to order the big mac because you think it tastes like crap and isnt good for you? NO. you shut up, let them spend their money and buy what ever you want. do the same here. if you don't like the box, don't buy it. if you don't like the seller, don't read his posts. if you don't like the forum, don't browse.

So if you see a guy with a gun in store, do you not warn the storekeeper? If you see a known pedophile lurking around a school, do you not notify the police?

I've just been trying to warn people that for the amount of money that "The Manimal" is charging for sight unseen toys, you can get a good amount of items that you KNOW you'll like. And isn't that the reason to buy toys? Because you see something you like? What's the point of buying something you know nothing about, and that you don't know what you'd be getting? "The Manimal" wouldn't even give a hint as to what kind of figures he's shoving into the boxes...

It's not like Japanese vinyl is hard to find, nor is it all high quality, as "The Manimal" would have you believe otherwise.

I see very little chance the the buyers of these "Kaiju mystery boxes" are going to receive anything close to the value in return.

I see little harm in trying to give people some warning that "The Manimal" is hardly an expert in the subject of Japanese vinyl toys, and that he's selling mostly hype and mystique.

I can't believe so many of you are actually defending this guy... You have the benefit of someone who has a decent knowledge of Japanese vinyl with a long history on the KR message boards, trying to offer you some safety, and you would rather defend some joker who calls himself "The Manimal", and has virtually no knowledge of the items he's trying to sell.

If you're really that dumb to throw money away on these things, Heaven help you... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:56 pm 

Parotkilah wrote:

Your arguing now also. According to you at least entering a thread and voicing an unpopular opinion is arguing. See the hypocrisy yet. Probably not seeing that you consider going to a forum and putting your opinion out there, which I think is why forums exist, as to messing with people that know what they are getting at Mcdonalds. If soemone dosen't know that fast food isn't healthy, they deserve what they get. Its like thinning of the herds as I see it. Mcdonalds is the modern day dinosaur, but would you really like to go there to get the Mystery Meal???
See, mister 24 posts, there is only one of two things going on with these mystery boxs.
1. They really don't live up to all the hype
2. He spends alot of money on some choice stuff. Then resells in the forums for
much cheaper. To some people a small price for popularity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:07 pm 

You all have more than made your points.

I'd say it's time to move on. Carry on with your personal vendettas through pm's...no need to clog the board with this silliness.

de Large. c-money. wizeguy. joemm. xblMANIMAL. orlowone. zephyr. takuto. kngwiz. playdoh. dougr. rustedhalo. flapjack. phi208. DaniTofuhead. VinylMessiah. doughyboy. Hazeltherabbit. henry_brazil. kawaii05.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:22 pm 

Parotkilah wrote:
do you tell people at mcdonalds not to order the big mac because you think it tastes like crap and isnt good for you?

hell yeah i do. f*ck mcdonalds. go vegan. f*ck manimal. go kaiju. f*ck art. lets punk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:30 pm 

LocoMoco wrote:
So if you see a guy with a gun in store, do you not warn the storekeeper? If you see a known pedophile lurking around a school, do you not notify the police?

Oh, please...comparing selling toys to robbing a shop or being a pedophile? That is really absurd.

Quote:
I see very little chance the the buyers of these "Kaiju mystery boxes" are going to receive anything close to the value in return.

I see little harm in trying to give people some warning that "The Manimal" is hardly an expert in the subject of Japanese vinyl toys, and that he's selling mostly hype and mystique.

Every mystery box has toys in it worth at least the price of the box. I see no reason this would be any different. The only thing not a mystery about it is that it will contain at least $300 worth of toys. Will the buyer like them? Who knows. Will it be worth $300? Yes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next