forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:39 pm 

LocoMoco wrote:
Parotkilah wrote:
do you tell people at mcdonalds not to order the big mac because you think it tastes like crap and isnt good for you?

So if you see a guy with a gun in store, do you not warn the storekeeper? If you see a known pedophile lurking around a school, do you not notify the police?

Wow, that has to be the most ridiculous comparison ever.

I mean honestly, with the track record manimal has with his mystery boxes, and the fact that a kaiju m?b was requested by people on the baord, what's your main argument against this? That because you collect kaiju only you know the true value of it, and the rest of us are sheep waiting to be slaughtered? Get off your high horse and let people make up their own minds. You take the same risk buying a blind box toy as you do on a m?b just on a higher scale. I have been one of the 60 people to buy a m?b and although mine was a more reasonably priced one, it was worth more than double what I paid for it and gave me a few really nice additions to my collection.

Manimal has been a cool seller with me and I don't see why all of a sudden there needs to be unjustified hostility towards him for trying something new and something that was asked for.

Good Transactions:

Bought from: magicmanjk808, joeydzzle, mzkayDi(x5), ballaholyk84, LondonToLA, dieselbouy, catch232, coasterbear (won contest from:)), BONER, nmr509, mfmunny, lex2000, playdoh, xblMANIMAL (Go buy a mystery box NOW!), EmptyLogik, flabby (thank you so much for my 2 favorite dunnys!), meanmistert, robotsonic, ritedere, acityinside, doughyboy, berickles, Slack, grimlock, DOOBS01s GF, jfresh001, tommynathan, Latebloomer30, at321fakest, NewAddictions

Sold to: Rebound, wizeguy

Traded with: D-Rail, Icon84, (generic name), Latebloomer30, mzkayDi, dunnyhunny, cahrowline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:00 am 

coasterbear wrote:
LocoMoco wrote:
So if you see a guy with a gun in store, do you not warn the storekeeper? If you see a known pedophile lurking around a school, do you not notify the police?

Oh, please...comparing selling toys to robbing a shop or being a pedophile? That is really absurd.

Only as absurd as the comparison it was in response to.

coasterbear wrote:
Quote:
I see very little chance the the buyers of these "Kaiju mystery boxes" are going to receive anything close to the value in return.

I see little harm in trying to give people some warning that "The Manimal" is hardly an expert in the subject of Japanese vinyl toys, and that he's selling mostly hype and mystique.

Every mystery box has toys in it worth at least the price of the box. I see no reason this would be any different. The only thing not a mystery about it is that it will contain at least $300 worth of toys. Will the buyer like them? Who knows. Will it be worth $300? Yes.

You have absolutely no way of knowing this. Pure speculation on your part. The only way of knowing will be for the 2 people who actually shelled out the money to post pictures of what they received and then have them appraised.

And it's kind of sad that people are buying this for the hype and "value" alone... you should buy a toy because you like it, or think it's cool...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:55 am 

again - i said these are both sold - lets move on outta here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:05 am 

LocoMoco wrote:
You have absolutely no way of knowing this. Pure speculation on your part. The only way of knowing will be for the 2 people who actually shelled out the money to post pictures of what they received and then have them appraised.

I have no way of knowing that the sun will rise tomorrow either, but it always has, so I'm willing to go out on a limb and predict that it will. And since every mystery box so far has had more than its price worth of toys, I'm willing to do the same prediction here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:23 am 

coasterbear wrote:
LocoMoco wrote:

I have no way of knowing that the sun will rise tomorrow either, but it always has, so I'm willing to go out on a limb and predict that it will. And since every mystery box so far has had more than its price worth of toys, I'm willing to do the same prediction here.

Again... pure speculation on your part. Since there are an alleged 50+ mystery boxes (and it sounds like not all of them were received by their intended recipients), how do you know for a FACT that every mystery box had "more than it's price worth in toys"? Unless you bought all of them, you cannot state this as truth.

Please prove this by providing a detailed list of each box's content, and the recipient's screen name so I can verify this. If you cannot, then please refrain from making claims that you know these things as fact.

Post subject: hahaha....!!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:48 am 

all this mystery mandess is fr!ckin' funny as a mo fo'...!!!

Random Beauty Studios / My Rotocast Collection / My Show Off Forum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:36 am 

why does anyone care? buy or don't buy. if your not into the mystery box thing, cool. you have every right not to be. but none of us have any proof that anyone is/hs been ripped off. none of us has any proof that anyone has been upset with the contents of their boxes, and i'm sure we would know if someone that they had been ripped off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:54 am 

maybe i'll be the first to go on record here... i was a purchaser of a 'mystery box' .. i forget the amount of the box. . here's the FACTS:

-YES: items in box were worth more than the mystery box price (RETAIL VALUE!)

- NO: i did not need/want any of the items in the box. (keep in mind that i already have a crap load of toys so my chances of getting something i already had were high)

-So take that how you want, but im just being honest ... maybe Manimal's slogan can be "99% customer satisfaction" (not that i felt i needed a refund, i bought it full well knowing it was a gamble soooo)

- Im sure others are very happy with there items... but its a mystery and I took that chance. so It is what it is. I have still done business with him since then. so whatever..

-Seriously in my opinion, I hope this doesnt hurt his sales, If you want a mystery box - get one... if you dont want one - let people decide for themselves. But after reading this whole thread I thought people should know my experience.

-So now the Manimal fans can throw down on me if they want, I'm O.k.

signed,Image

MY FLICKR

I really updated my collection on 05/01/09!

"FIGHT THE MUSTACHE POWER!" -the VANDALS

Last edited by contra808 on Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:56 am 

xblMANIMAL wrote:

................and that person above isnt my "pimp" who even uses that term anymore? are you a rapper?

tsk tsk manimal...

i use "pimp" all the time
and im certainly no rapper
sure i bust a rhyme every now and then
but thats no reason to crack a joke now...

8-[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:12 am 

it saddens me
constantly
on these various boards the amount of shameless attacks
obvious spite and ignorance.
some have taken artistic self expression of genuine concern
and all fears and all love of a people
and have completly taken out the pure joy of living and self discovery
by claims of king.
always learning yet never comming to the truth.
and while the box remains a mystey...
with the right eyes some people are seen to be not what even they believe...
and so may we all forever grow in the here and now
and await the time when all that is unknown will be made known.

now let us bow our heads one to another in prayer.

[-o< [-o< [-o<

and to them who have ears let them hear:
sometimes we all spell fun in our own ways...and we all carry on.
\:D/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:06 pm 

EDIT

1 buyer chickened out and broke due to the mixed views in this thread so the good news is that

1 mystery kaiju box remains...repeat.........1 remains! get up on it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:16 pm 

who purchased the first one that got sold?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:42 pm 

seeing as how i was treated above im not gonna personally reveal the buyer of the first box simply to spare them the stress they could possibly endure from a few key people - but if they wanna step up and say who they are that is up to them

1 box left!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:35 pm 

Femme_Fortress1 wrote:
Im waiting for a sooper dooper ultra deluxe mystery box full of chases and rare stuff!

Keep reading bro. Your getting the stuff THE MANIMAL never wanted. I can't help but think you were put up to this post. Or maybe a dreamer. I hate to see crushed dreams!

uberboy wrote:
BlackBoots wrote:
It's a blind sale and I would discourage people to avoid it.

this sentence means the opposite of its intention.

Sweet Jesus, thats best you got on this post? A double negative?

I think we have solved some of the worlds problems here. The haters, the hater haters. Together. The biggest joint operation any forum man has ever seen. :lol:
But seriously.

xblMANIMAL wrote:
seeing as how i was treated above

Tisk tisk. Starting to sound like self pity. I'm pretty sure there was alot of facts revealed. None you might like.

I have nothing personal against any forum member at this time. I'm sure you are a great guy and loyal friend. Your taking all this personally. The problem with some might be all the hype/hysteria behind the Mystery Boxes. Thats the fuel. It has to be bigger that you. The hype/hysteria. The Noobs need to know that these are boxes of stuff you didn't want. And figurse they probably never would have bouht.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:35 am 

Roto hated you and I think you are really having a bad attitude here - im ignoring you from here on ut because you simply have NO idea what you are talking about

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:45 pm 

xblMANIMAL wrote:
Roto hated you and I think you are really having a bad attitude here - im ignoring you from here on ut because you simply have NO idea what you are talking about

Obvious response to more truth than you can handle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:38 am 

you guys who are bashing on the mystery box thing, are like those people who watch magic shows so that they can harrass the magician on how the trick was done. it is a mystery. if you cannot handle, you do not need to watch. can you imagine it now,

that magician would not tell me how the trick is done, he must be a bastard!!!

really, does it not seem odd to you that people have never complained about the items they have recieved. even contra agreed it was a deal worth his money and if you ever get the chance to see contras collection you will definitly understand why he would get doubles of even if the stuff was really rare.

personally i think this is a great way to continue placing this thread to the top
so here you go right back up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:04 am 

thanks otter!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:07 am 

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tempting!

might wait until after series 4 drops if you still have it.

I bet a couple of the minis are in there and they look pretty sweet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:36 am 

sorry Fohm - 2nd box is sold!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:46 pm 

I think its obvious that reject wants to pick fights with other forum members for
fun. Just couldn't help but mention that posting such resposes as

xblMANIMAL wrote:
Roto hated you

xblMANIMAL wrote:
now I know wht FUGI dont like you

casts a dark cloud over a reputable small retailer location. Both occasions you pointed out that they didn't like someone and hated them. Also farther associating
the retailer with and unsavory characters. Food for thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:25 pm 

9 posts in and such wisdom! is this rotoreject with a new account?!

Rotofugi is THE best online retailer - kirb and whit RULE

rotoreject - even picking fights for fun - is annoying and it is understood why Roto banned him

i cast no dark cloud over FUGi at all - get real

i praise ROTOFUGI!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:38 pm 

I have never purchased a Mystery box, but I have bought one of his blind customs, and it is one of the prize pieces in my collection. Whether or not you like what you get in the box, you make a choice to purchase it.

If manimal was simply on here selling crap, then he would get called out for it. So far the only major noise is from some tool who bought a box, screwed up the payment, and then felt the need to put Brandon through the ringer because he didn't like what he got. I'm almost positive if he spoke out from the beginning (in private) he would have gotten a refund. I call shenanigans. If you are afraid of the risk, don't spend the cash.

I like Manimal a lot, but I don't buy his boxes, because I don't gamble. I never entered a single raffle on this board, and I have never been screwed over. This argument is so stupid. I feel for Manimal because in the course of a few days he lost his mystery box, had his paypal frozen and got his name crap on, all because some other rump went and messed up a payment. So lame.

--

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3