Your Ugly Treasures!

Moderated by Uglydoll creator David Ugly. David and Sun-Min Kim are the masterminds behind the lovable Uglydoll characters .
MaurinQuina22

Your Ugly Treasures!

Post by MaurinQuina22 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:13 pm

Lemme see your Ugly Treasures, fellow posters! What on earth is an "Ugly Treasure?", you may be asking yourself. Well, my definition of an Ugly Treasure is an Uglydoll or other David/Sun-Min item that you found under really lucky, sometimes unbelievable circumstances... usually in stores, but I suppose it would be crazy lucky if you found, say, a Yeti for $8.00 on eBay (right!). Maybe you found an exclusive in a shop by accident before it became valuable and the price of it went sky-high. Or maybe you were one of the very few lucky people who got an original Uglydoll from Giant Robot when they first started selling them. Maybe you found one in a secondhand store for next to nothing. Anyway, share your Ugly Treasures with me. My three, oddly enough, are all Wages from stores. On the left is an original mass-produced 14" Wage (with a black apron and a multi-colored tag). I found him in a poster shop that I used to frequent in Ithaca, NY near my hometown (it's also where I got my first 2 Uglydolls). What's unusual about him is that I found him a month ago when I went home for Christmas. I haven't seen this style of Wage in stores for about 4 years! The little guy is a Sneak Preview Minimum Wage... I found him today (1/18/08) in a comic store! And on the far right is my 14" green Wage from 2004. He was an exclusive to Tower Records... and I found him 3 months ago in a children's shop in Chicago! It isn't a thrift store, either. I paid regular retail price for them, too. I just love especially good luck when I go Ugly-hunting! :-)

Iliketosayhi

Post by Iliketosayhi » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:58 pm

When I went to giant robot in NYC I got a pink sleepy chilly there! For only $40 too!
This isn't an actual ugly treasure but my most treasured ugies are my hand sewed ones. :biggrin:
(I'll get a photo of them soon)
Ok got them!
The yellow one is a Chuckanuka I hand made.
The dark blue one is Guhastweekawaskiya, you can call him Guh.
And the others are Kikis.
I even wrote a tag stories for Guh and the Kikis!

This is Guhastweekawaskiya. You can call him Guh for short. Guh loves COFFEEEEE! But if you don’t have coffee, anything else caffeinated will do. He wants you to give him a can of Mountain Dew, a cup of joe, a bar of chocolate, anything! Then he wants you to shake him up. He’ll go crazy! But don’t worry, he’s just like a wind up toy, shake him up, he go crazy then he’ll stop. After he destroys your house he’ll get a little sleepy. He finds your lap the perfect place for a nap. Awwwww… You’ll just forgive him for everything now.

This is a Kiki. Isn’t she sweet? You now want to take the Kiki home now don’t you? Well there’s one thing you don’t know about Kikis. They’re demanding, just like their cousins the Ugly Worms. She wants a bed she wants a dress she wants a necklace, ALL NOW! But don’t worry you get love in exchange; from the bottom of their hearts, to the bottom of your wallet. Look! She wants friends! Soon you’ll have a army of demanding Kikis, looks like you’re getting a lot of love!
Last edited by Iliketosayhi on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

APPEEEE

Post by APPEEEE » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:13 pm

THESE ARE MY TREASURES.

[glow=blue]TARGET:[/glow]
I FOUND TARGET AT A GIANT BOOKSTORE THAT I DIDNT EVEN KNOW SOLD UGLYDOLLS UNTL THAT DAY. I WAS JUST WALKING CHECKING OUT THE PLACE AND ON THIS LITTLE WHITE SHELF ALL SMUSHED IN A CORNER WAS A TONE OF OLD UGLYDOLL KEYCHAINS 3 COLORED TAGGED TARGETS, 1 COLORED TAGGED CINKO, AND 2 NON COLORED TAGGED WAGES. THEY WERE ALL CUTE. I GO BACK ALMOST ALL THE TIME NOW. THEY ONLY HAVE 1 TARGET NOW AND THE CINKO IS GONE :(

[glow=orange]WAGE[/glow]
I FOUND WAGE AT MY LOCAL UGLYDOLL RETAILER THEY ALWAYS HAVE NEW UGLYDOLL STOCK EVERYDAY. THEY HAVE LOADS OF UGLYDOLLS TO. ONCE THEY HAD A VINYL OX FOR $25. ANYWAY, I FOUND WAGE UNDER A PILE OF OTHER UGLYDOLLS ON BOXING DAY. HE WAS THE ONLY ONE PLUS THE ONLY WAGE I WANTED.

[glow=violet]TRAY[/glow]
I TRADED TRAY FOR LITTLE SECRET MISSION WEDGEHEAD AND LITTLE WAGE. BEST TRADE EVER. SHES BOY VERSION TO :D SHE TRAVELS WITH ME EVERYWHERE LIKE TRAVELING BABO BUT NOT AS EXPERENCED.
[glow=cyan]
SLEEPY[/glow] [glow=green]CHILLY[/glow] [glow=olive]ICEBAT
[/glow]
ONLINE FOR $40. BEST $40 I EVER SPENT ;) I think...

yeppers ;)

MaurinQuina22

Handmade Ugly Treasures

Post by MaurinQuina22 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:33 am

[shadow=white]This isn't an actual ugly treasure but my most treasured ugies are my hand sewed ones.
(I'll get a photo of them soon)[/shadow]

Ooh, good one! I totally forgot about handmade friends for Uglydolls. They definitely count as treasures since they're hard work to make! I can't believe I overlooked our own creations, especially since I made two (soon to be three, as another's in the midst of being created this weekend)! So I'll show them, too. I apologize for the washed-out photo. My camera refuses to take decent photos in the daytime, so I'll post a better one this evening. My handmade friends mixed in great with my family of Uglydolls. This time, I took a photo of them with their best friends. Chuckanucka took an instant liking to Ug, as you can see. Ug's such an easygoing, slightly simple guy that Chuckanucka really has nothing to worry about with him. Good for Chuckanucka! He could use a little less stress, especially since he was the most worried that my handmades wouldn't like him! Toodee, on the other hand, is joined at the hip with my other creation, Sheephead. Toodee and his endless curiosity, mixed with Sheephead and her penchant for mischief, prove to be quite the combination. Let's just say that they certainly keep things interesting!

mangafan44

Post by mangafan44 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:15 am

well, i havn't got an acctual photo of him, but one of my ugly treasure's is my brown sleepy chilly icebat. :heart:

[ Added: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:48 pm ]
MaurinQuina22 wrote:Lemme see your Ugly Treasures, fellow posters! What on earth is an "Ugly Treasure?", you may be asking yourself. Well, my definition of an Ugly Treasure is an Uglydoll or other David/Sun-Min item that you found under really lucky, sometimes unbelievable circumstances... usually in stores, but I suppose it would be crazy lucky if you found, say, a Yeti for $8.00 on eBay (right!). Maybe you found an exclusive in a shop by accident before it became valuable and the price of it went sky-high. Or maybe you were one of the very few lucky people who got an original Uglydoll from Giant Robot when they first started selling them. Maybe you found one in a secondhand store for next to nothing. Anyway, share your Ugly Treasures with me. My three, oddly enough, are all Wages from stores. On the left is an original mass-produced 14" Wage (with a black apron and a multi-colored tag). I found him in a poster shop that I used to frequent in Ithaca, NY near my hometown (it's also where I got my first 2 Uglydolls). What's unusual about him is that I found him a month ago when I went home for Christmas. I haven't seen this style of Wage in stores for about 4 years! The little guy is a Sneak Preview Minimum Wage... I found him today (1/18/08) in a comic store! And on the far right is my 14" green Wage from 2004. He was an exclusive to Tower Records... and I found him 3 months ago in a children's shop in Chicago! It isn't a thrift store, either. I paid regular retail price for them, too. I just love especially good luck when I go Ugly-hunting! :-)

hey wait a sec, isn't that little wage in the middle 1st gen?

APPEEEE

Post by APPEEEE » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:44 pm

I am enjoying this topic so please post more [-o< :prayer: BUMP!

Iliketosayhi

Re: Handmade Ugly Treasures

Post by Iliketosayhi » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:13 am

MaurinQuina22 wrote:[shadow=white]This isn't an actual ugly treasure but my most treasured ugies are my hand sewed ones.
(I'll get a photo of them soon)[/shadow]

Ooh, good one! I totally forgot about handmade friends for Uglydolls. They definitely count as treasures since they're hard work to make! I can't believe I overlooked our own creations, especially since I made two (soon to be three, as another's in the midst of being created this weekend)! So I'll show them, too. I apologize for the washed-out photo. My camera refuses to take decent photos in the daytime, so I'll post a better one this evening. My handmade friends mixed in great with my family of Uglydolls. This time, I took a photo of them with their best friends. Chuckanucka took an instant liking to Ug, as you can see. Ug's such an easygoing, slightly simple guy that Chuckanucka really has nothing to worry about with him. Good for Chuckanucka! He could use a little less stress, especially since he was the most worried that my handmades wouldn't like him! Toodee, on the other hand, is joined at the hip with my other creation, Sheephead. Toodee and his endless curiosity, mixed with Sheephead and her penchant for mischief, prove to be quite the combination. Let's just say that they certainly keep things interesting!

Your handmades are adorable! I wish mine were that good.

zoey101

Post by zoey101 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:56 am

Well i don't have a picture but a while ago i was going into the Zakka store and i was looking around and i saw all these Uglydolls but they were all on top of each other and i wanted to look at Wedgehead because on its tag it had more writing and i asked to see it and it ended up being red toothed Wedgehead and so i bought it for only $40!!!!
UGLY!!!!!

APPEEEE

Post by APPEEEE » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:58 am

zoey101 wrote:Well i don't have a picture but a while ago i was going into the Zakka store and i was looking around and i saw all these Uglydolls but they were all on top of each other and i wanted to look at Wedgehead because on its tag it had more writing and i asked to see it and it ended up being red toothed Wedgehead and so i bought it for only $40!!!!

OMG! When was this?!? Did they have any colored tagged uglydolls? Did you see the great uglydoll Zakka?

zoey101

Post by zoey101 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:02 am

Yes i did see the Zakka uglydoll and it was i think last year not that long ago they also had a bennetton tray but he wasn't for sale. I am not sure but i think they did have some colored tags but i doubt they have them anymore.
UGLY!!!!!

APPEEEE

Post by APPEEEE » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:05 am

zoey101 wrote:Yes i did see the Zakka uglydoll and it was i think last year not that long ago they also had a bennetton tray but he wasn't for sale. I am not sure but i think they did have some colored tags but i doubt they have them anymore.

Oh :( Too bad. Was Zakka in a display case??? Were you able to like pick him up and read his tag???

[ Added: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:06 am ]
I'm actually going to NYC soon and can't wait to visit the great uglydoll legend.

zoey101

Post by zoey101 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:08 am

Well just to inform you the shop has moved. But no he wasn't in a display case he was just in the back of the shop with 2 other handmade Uglydoll's but no you weren't aloud to hold it and read its tag just look at it from a far.
UGLY!!!!!

APPEEEE

Post by APPEEEE » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:10 am

zoey101 wrote:Well just to inform you the shop has moved. But no he wasn't in a display case he was just in the back of the shop with 2 other handmade Uglydoll's but no you weren't aloud to hold it and read its tag just look at it from a far.

Oh :( Were has the shop moved? I heard it was still in NYC?!?!

zoey101

Post by zoey101 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:12 am

It has been moved to:

155 Plymouth Street
Brooklyn NY 11201
718 801 8037
UGLY!!!!!

APPEEEE

Post by APPEEEE » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:13 am

Oh at least its in NYC.

zoey101

Post by zoey101 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:18 am

Yes still in NYC.

But if you were planning on coming to NYC some places that may intrest you would probably be Yoyamart, maybe even the Uglydoll section at FAO Schwarz, and maybe even Kidrobot though they do not have Ugydolls anymore they do sometimes have things by David.
UGLY!!!!!

APPEEEE

Post by APPEEEE » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:27 am

zoey101 wrote:Yes still in NYC.

But if you were planning on coming to NYC some places that may intrest you would probably be Yoyamart, maybe even the Uglydoll section at FAO Schwarz, and maybe even Kidrobot though they do not have Ugydolls anymore they do sometimes have things by David.

These are the places I plan on going to.

-FAO schwarz

-Zakka

-Giant Robot NYC

- Yoyamart

-And maybe Kidrobot.

Thanks for the info ;)

zoey101

Post by zoey101 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:32 am

No problem i think thats a good range of places. Glad i could help.
UGLY!!!!!

Iliketosayhi

Post by Iliketosayhi » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:36 am

APPEEEE wrote:
zoey101 wrote:Yes still in NYC.

These are the places I plan on going to.

-FAO schwarz

-Zakka

-Giant Robot NYC

- Yoyamart

-And maybe Kidrobot.

Thanks for the info ;)

You should also try to go to Toy Tokyo, they had a lot of things by David and Sun-Min there.

mangafan44

Post by mangafan44 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:58 am

APPEEEE wrote:I am enjoying this topic so please post more [-o< :prayer: BUMP!

i know i might sound clueless, but when someone says, "bump" what does it mean?

APPEEEE

Post by APPEEEE » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:05 pm

mangafan44 wrote:

:suspicious: BUMP is when you go to an older post and write bump. If you weren't the last person to write on that topic then you can make that topic the main one on top of all the others. Get it???

mangafan44

Post by mangafan44 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:18 pm

APPEEEE wrote:
mangafan44 wrote:

:suspicious: BUMP is when you go to an older post and write bump. If you weren't the last person to write on that topic then you can make that topic the main one on top of all the others. Get it???

no. i am still very confused.

Iliketosayhi

Post by Iliketosayhi » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:52 pm

mangafan44 wrote:
APPEEEE wrote:
mangafan44 wrote:

Most resent topics come up first when you bump them it makes them come to the top where people will click on them.
Lets get this back on topic.
I wanna know about other people's treasures!

mangafan44

Post by mangafan44 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Iliketosayhi wrote:
mangafan44 wrote:
APPEEEE wrote:
mangafan44 wrote:

Most resent topics come up first when you bump them it makes them come to the top where people will click on them.
Lets get this back on topic.
I wanna know about other people's treasures!

oooooooooooooooooh.....BUMP!

Agent_Icebat

Post by Agent_Icebat » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:56 pm

Yeti is my "treasure".. I searched and searched (since 2004) until I got one and, well.. havn't stop loving him ever since. Everyday he is there to cheer me up, even if something bad has happened.. and 50 years from now, he will still be with me (yes, I'm that attached to my Uglydolls :D)
Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through Passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

-Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith