forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:10 pm 

i was just wondering if anyone else has a problem with their moxy's ears.

because they bend back or forward. is any way to make them stay straight up?

i was thinking maybe bathe her because apparently that makes them fluffier and plumper?

p.s. i have a little ugly, if that changes anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:31 pm 

I have that problem with my 2 ft Moxy (as well as the ears on my 2 ft OX). Unfortunately, once the stuffing develops a 'bend' in it, there isn't much one can do to return the tautness. I've tried reworking the stuffing into the jointed area on my OX and that makes a bigger mess.

I got so frustrated with my first 2 ft. Moxy because of the ears that I gave her to my 6-year-old (who was so psyched to have her own 2 ft ugly). My 6-year-old decided that when the ears flop back, it makes Moxy look like she is running somewhere really fast, probably late to some party (perceptive kid...) and loves her more for that.

I ended up buying a 2nd 2-fter and put her pristine in my collection, wedging her between some other 2 footers to keep the ears up. The still flop over from their own weight so I have to keep repositioning them. Maybe they just aren't meant to stay upright...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:54 am 

i have the same problem with one of my moxy's ears..and one of my babos feet is competely empty..i try reworking the stuffing too with no luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:08 pm 

ahh i'm glad i'm not the only one who is frustrated with them!

i think that i will buy a keychain moxy to carry around since she'd be small enough not to have her ears too bent in my pocketbook and just have my little ugly to sleep with, haha.

ty for the replies! :)

Post subject: babo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:19 pm 

Why do babos have different looking teeth?

Also, i have a forum related question:

I am trying to post a picture for the ugly halloween costume contest. However, it says that i cannot post pictures unless i have been here for seven days and posted at least 10 posts to prevent spamming. I have been a member since may, and have exactly 10 posts (I didn't go on a lot), yet it still gives me this message.

Any help in the matter is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: babo
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:06 am 

Jump4Jeero wrote:
Why do babos have different looking teeth?

Also, i have a forum related question:

I am trying to post a picture for the ugly halloween costume contest. However, it says that i cannot post pictures unless i have been here for seven days and posted at least 10 posts to prevent spamming. I have been a member since may, and have exactly 10 posts (I didn't go on a lot), yet it still gives me this message.

Any help in the matter is appreciated.

I can answer both of those.

1) Because! (no really, it's just because. why do you have freckles, or the color of hair you have, or the shape of your nose? it's because that's how you came out.)

2) If I had to guess, I'd speculate that the KR server has to catch up with your activity today. Try posting your pics tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:17 pm 

I think was he/she means is babos have differnt teeth because with the G1 babo and G2 babo they have bigger bucked teeth but the newer Babos have tinyer less spaced out teeth.

Tray is the brain of the bunch. Not because he is smart, but because he has three brains...one in each lump, or one per eye, as Babo likes to point out. Tray is also the hungriest of all the Uglydolls, and has a desperate need for Blueberry Pie. Some say his eyes are blue because of his craving for it. Tray often combines his hunger for pie with his brain power to talk Babo into getting food for him. Unfortunately Babo usually brings back a branch, a rock, or something that no one would eat. If you want to make Tray extra happy, sit him next to you in the subway, or in your car. It makes him feel important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:33 pm 

Yup, I think that's exactlywhat the question meant. And the answer really is: because! I don't imagine David would say anything different.

(he can, of course, correct me if I'm wrong)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:13 pm 

BUMP FOR THE NOOBS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:37 pm 

Hey guys! I had a question.
I was looking on the computer at OLD and NEW babos and thought do the babos have differnt blue colors with the regulers????

Tray is the brain of the bunch. Not because he is smart, but because he has three brains...one in each lump, or one per eye, as Babo likes to point out. Tray is also the hungriest of all the Uglydolls, and has a desperate need for Blueberry Pie. Some say his eyes are blue because of his craving for it. Tray often combines his hunger for pie with his brain power to talk Babo into getting food for him. Unfortunately Babo usually brings back a branch, a rock, or something that no one would eat. If you want to make Tray extra happy, sit him next to you in the subway, or in your car. It makes him feel important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:48 pm 

Sometimes as a company develops, slightly different fabrics may be used for availability reasons. Another reason could be that the pictures were taken with different lighting, or it just shows up different depending on the computer (happened to me twice).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:41 am 

bump..please use this please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:17 pm 

reading this made me think of somethin

why did medium sized uglyworm, ordered from the ugly website arrive with no tag? :) a while ago now, but it seemed odd, and little worm came with one

PS 2 ft moxy here also has ear trouble, but shes decided its like hairstyles and likes her ears swept back :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:27 pm 

I'm guessing the store gave you an item that had been returned, but the tag had been cut off and the employees hadn't noticed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:57 pm 

Today I went to my local store and to my suprise found some OLD uglydoll keycahins.
These keychains had it all the old tags, the looks, and the cuteness BUT I found something strange.... They didn't have looped tags It was a mystery....to me.
Does anyone know why this is.....David do you know why???

[ Added: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:30 pm ]
How much do the following sell for???

Green Wedgehead=
Green Cinko=
Blue OX=
SUPER 7 Icebat=
HANDMADES=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:14 pm 

hmm two more ugly handmades listed on intheyellow.com...is handmades something that is always offerred through this site? what show were these from? #-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:08 pm 

You know they could just be FAKE.
They probably cut open the part were the sewn tag is and took the sewn tag out and sewn it back.
And made a fake signed name.....
I HAVE NEVER SEEN THESE HANDMADES BEFORE :-k :-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:55 pm 

APPEEEE wrote:
You know they could just be FAKE.
They probably cut open the part were the sewn tag is and took the sewn tag out and sewn it back.
And made a fake signed name.....
I HAVE NEVER SEEN THESE HANDMADES BEFORE :-k :-k

Why would they bother to sell fake uglies, when intheyellow is the new exclusive ugly source for Japan. Plus they are the only one to sell the UMA tengui.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:06 am 

yeah i dont think their fake..david wouldnt support a site that sold fake handmades..i just was curiouse if handmades are offered regularly on this site

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:49 pm 

Mmm no-one answered my other thread but I jsut found this so I will ask here!

Uglydoll vinyls, will the new characters become vinyl?

I've almost got the complete set of originals now bar Wedgehead and Babo (and the Uglydogs if they count). I'm gonna need some more to chase, I especially want to see a vinyl Moxy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:28 pm 

I don't think so............ :-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:12 am 

I think that's pretty much a definite no. Critterbox (the company that made the original Uglys) is no longer in consideration. Plus, I think I remember David saying that the movement of the Uglyverse is away from vinyl (and remember, Kaiju/UMA/Spider-boom/Choco+Minty aren't actually Uglys).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:04 am 

TheBookPolice wrote:
I think I remember David saying that the movement of the Uglyverse is away from vinyl (and remember, Kaiju/UMA/Spider-boom/Choco+Minty aren't actually Uglys).

Yeah other than Bossy Bear I'm not so keen on his other vinyls, thats why I wanted more ugly vinyl, ah well nevermind :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:15 pm 

Green Wedgehead=
Green Cinko=
Blue OX=
SUPER 7 Icebat=
HANDMADES=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:44 am 

APPEEEE wrote:

Green Wedgehead=
Green Cinko=
Blue OX=
SUPER 7 Icebat=
HANDMADES=

Green Wedgehead= I dunno... ask Scandell? :]
Green Cinko= I dunno... ask Scandell :)
Blue Ox= This was a Kidrobot exclusive.... I dunno, ask Scandell?
SUPER 7 Icebat= Hmmmm.... I got it: I dunno!
Handmades... These deserve a paragraph!

Handmades cannot be priced. Each is uniquely special, and specially unique (this does make a troublesome space-time vortex, but don't worry, Jeero's got it all figured out *thumbs up*). When bought at a convention, like Uglycon, anywhere from 30$ (Mini Uglyworm) to 70$ (Most convention pedigrees) to 300$ (Giant Uglyworm). There are some, like Picky, that will, most likely, never be sold. Some, like Captain Babo (who I am the proud, proud owner of) are not unique like Picky, Nadi, and Smartypants, but instead popular, making them quite valuable. As I might have said somewhere in that chaotic mess of logic and language, Pedigrees and Handmades each have their own unique price, if sold at all...

CHEERS!!! (Special cheer to Scandell, because I am directing a torrent of questions to him... ALL PART OF MY PLAN TO TAKE OVER THE UGLY FORUMS!!! BWAHAHA!!!!)
... did I say that out loud... :-& :-$ 8-[

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next